Salvation Through Sanctification

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
First, I didnt' write the Bible. God did. So if you do not like what it says, take it up with Him.

Second, Christians obey the Commands in the New Testament and not the Old Testament. Only the Moral Law has been carried over. For the word "Law" in the Bible is in reference to the Law of Moses and it is not in reference to all forms of laws or commands in the Bible. In other words, Jesus nailed to the cross those ordinances that were against us. Meaning, Christ nailed to the cross the ceremonial and judicial laws in the Law of Moses to the cross. That does not mean God wants us to be anarchists or lawless individuals. The New Testament is filled with many Commands that we have to obey. For if a believer does not obey the Commands in the New Covenant, then there is great peril to their very souls. For example: Jesus said if we do not forgive, we will not be forgiven (Matthew 6:15).

Third, as for your "poking holes in what I believe": Well, I have not really seen you done that yet with Scripture. But you are more than welcome to make another attempt if you like. For what New Testament Commands do you think a believer can disobey with the thinking they will be saved?

Here is a long list of New Testament Commands:

https://www.cai.org/bible-studies/1050-new-testament-commands

Please take note that there are some commands that I think are not salvation issues. Like Baptism for example. I do not think such a command relates to one's salvation. Oh, and yes. I have been baptized (Just in case anyone was wondering).

In any event, may God bless you.
For I am wishing nothing but good things to you in Christ Jesus.

LOL. Yeah it's because I don't like what God says in the Bible. It couldn't possibly be because you have a developed a belief system that is totally whacked. LOL. Later gator.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If we've be redeemed, who owns us?

As I pointed out before. Redemption is tied to the blood cleansing us (Ephesians 1:7). 1 John 1:7 says you have to: "Walk in the Light" in order for the blood to cleanse you of sin. So it is a condition. Walk in the light so that the blood cleanses you. If you do that, then Christ owns you. For Galatians 5:24 says they that are Christ's have crucified the affections and lusts.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LOL. Yeah it's because I don't like what God says in the Bible. It couldn't possibly be because you have a developed a belief system that is totally whacked. LOL. Later gator.

Hebrews 4:12
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And the word of Jason is slow, and powerless.....

Thank you for the personal attack. I will rejoice in God my Savior because of it.

May God's love shine upon you today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course, it is imputed upon salvation.
But, Scripture obviously says that to continue being righteous
in God's eyes, one MUST "practice" and "work" righteousness!
Ergo, this is just another proof that OSAS is false.

And who would like to see (in another thread) ALL of the verses
which prove: the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine is also false?

BOTH are from the very pits of hell.

Well, I actually I believe one of the purposes of the Pre-Trib Rapture is to help certain believers to realize that OSAS is false. For if a believer lives in sin thinking they are saved (or they teach that believers can never stop sinning - Which is just an excuse to sin) and the Pre-Trib Rapture takes place, they will not be taken up and they will know that they have been left behind because they were not living right before God. This will then lead them to repent of their sins and to live holy before the LORD (whereby they will teach others to do the same).

Anyways, here is some Biblical evidence for the Pre-Trib Rapture:

Differences to Notice Between the Pre-Trib Rapture and the Gathering of the Elect at Christ's 2nd Coming.

Clues Concerning the Pre-Trib Rapture.

Clues Concerning the Gathering of the Elect at Christ's 2nd Coming.

Parallel of the Pre-Trib Rapture in Genesis and in Revelation.

Christ will come and an hour or day you will not know.

And there is more (of course).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GregoryTheNonTheologian

Not Applicable
Oct 10, 2015
Republic of Texas
✟7,878.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Since we were having decent discussions on this on a thread that was closed, I wanted to continue the thought on salvation through sanctification.

John Robie posted this in the other thread - "I've answered your questions. I think you are trying to filter them through your presuppositions and they aren't making sense.

And salvation isn't through sanctification. Sanctification is part of salvation, as I stated in my first post."

Even though John doesn't believe salvation is through sanctification, I will provide a passage which actually states it does.

2 Thessalonians 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

I also provided a passage which states election is through sanctification.

1 Peter 1:2
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

If anyone wants to continue our discussion, please feel free to do so.

This may seem like a frivolous question, but how do you define "salvation" and "sanctification" in your proposition?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This may seem like a frivolous question, but how do you define "salvation" and "sanctification" in your proposition?

It's pretty basic. Salvation means one possesses Jesus Christ who is the source of eternal life (Whereby they will be with Him in the after-life).

Sanctification is the sanctifying process that the LORD does in the believer by the believer submitting to the work God wants to do in them or thru them. It is the process of one beng made Holy thru obedience to God's Word. This obedience is thru the power of God if we allow God into our lives to do so.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you for the personal attack. I will rejoice in God my Savior because of it.

Thank you for the self righteous and pridefully condescending remark that you alone are the all knowing one and any who disagree with you are, of course, disagreeing with God Himself.

And here's where you try to make it seem you are the taking the high road...May God's love shine upon you today.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the self righteous and pridefully condescending remark that you alone are the all knowing one and any who disagree with you are, of course, disagreeing with God Himself.

And here's where you try to make it seem you are the taking the high road...May God's love shine upon you today.

Well, condescending is not about stating the truth about somebody's wrong actions or in disagreeing with a topic and thinking it does not make sense. Condescending is when a person clearly shows that one person is highly superior by putting down another personally. When one thinks that they are awesome and everybody else is pond scum. Condescending is when one uses a lot of fancy words (instead of using the plainless of speech that Paul talked about). Condescending is about making a person feel like absolute dirt. It has nothing to do with disagreeing on a topic or expressing how a particular belief is wrong. It is involving the person on a personal level so as to push them down in the mud so that you can laugh at them. Condescending is saying "Look Jimmy." "I remember when I was young and dumb." "It's okay." "But it would be advantageous of you to be quiet and let the big boys talk for a while." "You are out of your element son."

That is an example of condescending; And I never did anything like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Well, condescending is not about stating the truth about somebody's wrong actions or in disagreeing with a topic and thinking it does not make sense. Condescending is when a person clearly shows that one person is highly superior by putting down another personally. When one thinks that they are awesome and everybody else is pond scum. Condescending is when one uses a lot of fancy words (instead of using the plainless of speech that Paul talked about). Condescending is about making a person feel like absolute dirt. It has nothing to do with disagreeing on a topic or expressing how a particular belief is wrong. It is involving the person on a personal level so as to push them down in the mud so that you can laugh at them. Condescending is saying "Look Jimmy." "I remember when I was young and dumb." "It's okay." "But it would be advantageous of you to be quiet and let the big boys talk for a while." "You are out of your element son."

That is an example of condescending; And I never did anything like that.

Naw, you would never........

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only if they remain sinless of course. If not, Jesus takes a walk and with Him His eternal life.

So how do you explain Proverbs 28:13, 1 John 1:7, 1 John 1:9, 1 Peter 4:1, Galatians 5:24, John 8:11, Psalm 119:11, Matthew 5:48, Matthew 6:15, John 12:48, John 14:23?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Naw, you would never........

Well, if I did commit such a mistake, and someone pointed it out (For me to see), I would be happy to apologize and confess of such a sin to God.

Upvote 0

GregoryTheNonTheologian

Not Applicable
Oct 10, 2015
Republic of Texas
✟7,878.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's pretty basic. Salvation means one possesses Jesus Christ who is the source of eternal life (Whereby they will be with Him in the after-life).

Sanctification is the sanctifying process that the LORD does in the believer by the believer submitting to the work God wants to do in them or thru them. It is the process of one beng made Holy thru obedience to God's Word. This obedience is thru the power of God if we allow God into our lives to do so.

Thanks, but I wasn't asking the question in general. I just wanted to understand what the original poster's understanding was when he posted his comment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Well, if I did commit such a mistake, and someone pointed it out (For me to see), I would be happy to apologize and confess of such a sin to God.

Okay, I'm waiting for your apology. Oh, "for you to see". LOL. We both know that ain't never gonna happen.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, but I wasn't asking the question in general. I just wanted to understand what the original poster's understanding was when he posted his comment.

I am sure he will say something similar.

Upvote 0

John Robie

Just checking in.
Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟32,545.00
Faith
Christian
As I pointed out before. Redemption is tied to the blood cleansing us (Ephesians 1:7). 1 John 1:7 says you have to: "Walk in the Light" in order for the blood to cleanse you of sin. So it is a condition. Walk in the light so that the blood cleanses you. If you do that, then Christ owns you. For Galatians 5:24 says they that are Christ's have crucified the affections and lusts.

So basically, you really don't understand what redemption is.

Upvote 0