Awka
✟8,998.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sin is the cause of all problems in the world. Whatever that can remove sin from your life can solve all your problems. There is only one thing that the Bible says can remove sin from the life of a human being and it is the life of God.

Ro. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son; much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

There is only one place where the Bible says that we can find the life of God; the word of God.

Jn. 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jn. 1:4 In him was life ; and the life was the light of men.

Ro. 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness ; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Jos. 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth ; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein : for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Form the habit of frequently speaking out God's commandments and promises, applying them to yourself, and the life of God will build up in you. The life of God working in you will kill sin in your life and God will take care of your problems.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Sin is the cause of all problems in the world. Whatever that can remove sin from your life can solve all your problems. There is only one thing that the Bible says can remove sin from the life of a human being and it is the life of God.

Ro. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son; much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

There is only one place where the Bible says that we can find the life of God; the word of God.

Jn. 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Ro. 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness ; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Jos. 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth ; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein : for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Form the habit of frequently speaking out God's commandments and promises, applying them to yourself, and the life of God will build up in you. The life of God working in you will kill sin in your life and God will take care of your problems.
There is an aspect that many Christians overlook. We need more than just not sinning. The Pharisees were outwardly righteous, yet they were condemned by Jesus. We are born dead in trespass and sin. We need to be made alive and to walk in the new life that is ours in Christ. It's the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus that sets us free from the Law of sin and death. Walk in the Spirit and sin will no longer be a problem.

Upvote 0

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is an aspect that many Christians overlook. We need more than just not sinning. The Pharisees were outwardly righteous, yet they were condemned by Jesus. We are born dead in trespass and sin. We need to be made alive and to walk in the new life that is ours in Christ. It's the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus that sets us free from the Law of sin and death. Walk in the Spirit and sin will no longer be a problem.
This I can relate to. Made alive and walking in a new life is exactly what has happened and is happening to me. I go to sleep with God, I wake up with God, he is a constant voice of guidance from sin in everything I now do or say. I’m far from any saint and the very fact I am human, I will sin at times in my remaining days. However, the salvation is just the beginning, this is the time the work begins and should never end until we meet our glorious father.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟40,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great point. It reminds me of Christ's parable found in Luke, chapter 11, verses 24-25. Even though the man was set free from demonic possession, he was not filled with anything and his end was worse for him.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟40,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

One thing I would add is to pray constantly for the gift of Christ's righteousness, Be the imporunate widow constantly asking God for more and more righteousness. Yes, we have been made perfect by Christ's one sacrifice but we are still being made holy.

God did not make holiness easy, he made it possible.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
One thing I would add is to pray constantly for the gift of Christ's righteousness, Be the imporunate widow constantly asking God for more and more righteousness. Yes, we have been made perfect by Christ's one sacrifice but we are still being made holy.

God did not make holiness easy, he made it possible.
Once you see that Christ really is your righteousness, you'll stop asking for what God has already given you in Christ. Instead, you will be thanking Him. This applies to everything that is in the realm of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, faith, self control and whatever else we need. Need wisdom? Christ is the wisdom of God. Feeling weak? Christ is the power of God. My Bible tells me that I am the righteousness of God in Christ. We really are new creations and we really are in the Spirit already. Satan's attack is always doubt and unbelief. I don't feel righteous or holy. I don't even question those things anymore. I know what God says about me and that's good enough for me. I was not always like that. It took way more years than I like to recall to get to that point. If we will seek God and ask Him to open our eyes, we will see the truth that sets us free.

Upvote 0

Mercy Shown

Jan 18, 2019
Boonsboro
✟40,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Once you see that Christ really is your righteousness, you'll stop asking for what God has already given you in Christ. Instead, you will be thanking Him. This applies to everything that is in the realm of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, faith, self control and whatever else we need. Need wisdom? Christ is the wisdom of God. Feeling weak? Christ is the power of God. My Bible tells me that I am the righteousness of God in Christ. We really are new creations and we really are in the Spirit already. Satan's attack is always doubt and unbelief. I don't feel righteous or holy. I don't even question those things anymore. I know what God says about me and that's good enough for me. I was not always like that. It took way more years than I like to recall to get to that point. If we will seek God and ask Him to open our eyes, we will see the truth that sets us free.
I am not questioning salvation but I’m speaking of the journey of being made holy. We are called to holiness the Bible says be Holy because God is holy. And that’s what I desire.

I don’t think God designed us to continue in sin. I think he created us to do good works. It’s not a way to earn salvation for that is his gift but it is a way to true peace and happiness found only in him.

He has given us the victory in Jesus Christ so our journey towards holiness is only done out of love and not to earn anything.

When my children were little they wanted to be like me and when I was little I wanted to be like my dad.

I remember getting a cardboard razor and some foam I put it on my face and scraped it off because that’s what I saw him doing. Did I perform up to his standard? Of course not! But you know, it pleased him to see me trying.

I feel the same with God, he wants us to learn to crawl and then toddle and eventually walk and be like him. If I do not really want to be like him am I truly saved?

Self is the toughest enemy we will ever face And I thank God that he has given me the victory over it. But I still must fight the good fight of faith In order to believe that I have that victory.

Reactions: ValeriyK2022
Upvote 0

Psalm 27

Aug 21, 2020
Uk
✟117,343.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private

Jesus=The Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world

Reactions: Mercy Shown
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

You forget the reason why Jesus came. Yes, to save us from sin, but more, that we might have life. John 10:10. Jesus is The Life, not only the Way and the Truth. Freedom from sin is dealing with the negative. Walking in newness of life is the positive (Romans 6:4). It's the principle of the Spirit of Life that sets us free from sin and death. (Romans 8:2).

Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Salvation from sin​

Thats Christs specialty, He will save His People from their sins, every last one of them Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says, “Turn from evil and do good, and then you will live on this earth forever.” (Psalm 37:27)

To know what is good and evil, one must constantly study the commandments of God. But knowing them is not enough. Knowledge + desire to perform + ability to perform = skills. It is necessary to acquire skills and habits of fulfilling the commandments (avoiding sin and doing good).

Holy Fathers of the 1st millennium called sinful habits passions (gluttony, lust, anger, love of money, sadness, despondency, vanity, pride and others). They called good habits virtues (joy, peace, love, chastity, long-suffering, meekness, temperance, humility and others).

We must strive to ensure that passions cease to operate in us, and virtues (good habits) become stronger. Then we will not do dreams, but we will do good without vanity, and so that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says, “Turn from evil and do good, and then you will live on this earth forever.” (Psalm 37:27)

To know what is good and evil, one must constantly study the commandments of God. But knowing them is not enough. Knowledge + desire to perform + ability to perform = skills. It is necessary to acquire skills and habits of fulfilling the commandments (avoiding sin and doing good).

Holy Fathers of the 1st millennium called sinful habits passions (gluttony, lust, anger, love of money, sadness, despondency, vanity, pride and others). They called good habits virtues (joy, peace, love, chastity, long-suffering, meekness, temperance, humility and others).

We must strive to ensure that passions cease to operate in us, and virtues (good habits) become stronger. Then we will not do dreams, but we will do good without vanity, and so that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.
Sounds like you your own savior from sin !

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you your own savior from sin !
I understand your irony. No, I understand that we are not saved by good works, but by faith in Jesus Christ.

But in the Gospel, Jesus Christ says that if you want to be saved, then keep the commandments:

If you want to enter eternal life, keep the commandments.” He says to Him: “Which ones?” Jesus said: “Do not kill, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness; Honor your father and mother and love your neighbor as yourself.”
(Matthew 19:16)

Also the New Testament says:

Do not be deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor wicked people, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Cor. 6:9)

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and the unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone. This is the second death.

James 2:19-20 You believe that there is one God; you do well; and the demons believe and tremble. But do you want to know, unfounded person, that faith without works is dead?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I understand your irony. No, I understand that we are not saved by good works, but by faith in Jesus Christ.

But in the Gospel, Jesus Christ says that if you want to be saved, then keep the commandments:

If you want to enter eternal life, keep the commandments.” He says to Him: “Which ones?” Jesus said: “Do not kill, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bear false witness; Honor your father and mother and love your neighbor as yourself.”
(Matthew 19:16)

Also the New Testament says:

Do not be deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor wicked people, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Cor. 6:9)

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and the unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone. This is the second death.

James 2:19-20 You believe that there is one God; you do well; and the demons believe and tremble. But do you want to know, unfounded person, that faith without works is dead?
Like stated , sounds like you want to be your own savior !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have, as far as Im concerned, and Moreso, you make my point.
I don't believe that a person can be his own savior. The Savior is Jesus Christ. But if a person does not fulfill His commandments, this will not affect him.

• Agree
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No matter at all how a man lives his life on earth, even while it is

possible to "purify yourself, because HE IS PURE" ... God Granting the Grace, still yet

without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin, even though someone lives right, without the blood of Jesus shed , once for all time(never to be repeated again) to pay the redemption price, there would be no salvation.
We must believe in Jesus Christ correctly and live holy.

• Agree
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟6,144.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Is it your experience that reading the Bible and Christian community always works? Let's say that the individual goes to Church and is partaking as you suggest, but then goes home and feels miserable? Get's grumpy, starts cursing God?

In my experience for every problem there is a solution but that solution might not be directly communicated through the Bible or other Christians but it is always communicated to one's soul. The affliction of the soul is resolved the same moment the individual is conscious and considerate of it, together with the tools that we have, knowing foremost that God forgives us and has the ability to set things in order. The feedback for one's soul is always there and this is what I take John termed as "when our conscience convicts us". Thus when we are considerate of how our soul is afflicted, we are able to see in what direction to go, and ultimately follow God.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟6,144.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"always" no. Sometimes, yes. Not often.

Whether it is always communicated at all , to one's soul or at all ,
is a big question.
The soul is always communicating through it's substance - the energy of the body, which people call emotions, conscience, etc. Does the individual recognize the affliction of his soul, does he correct himself when the soul is not in balance i.e well being? Is he aware why he feels the way he feels, or is he walking in ignorance, doing damage to himself and others, rather than healing?

Upvote 0