Running in Church Part II

Is it allright to run in church?

• Yes if your led to run - go for it !!!

• No - you should not run in church.

• Maybe just on special occasions.

• I only run when the police are after me !!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhemarob

May 8, 2004
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟731.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I posted on this subject several months ago and got a variety of opinions just wanted to touch on it again.

Is it o.k. to run in church?

For those of you that dont' know (found out several didn't last time I posted)
some churches have people that when they get caught up, stirred up or whatever you want to call it, take off running up the aisle, across the front, down a side aisle and back around to their seat.

My church doesn't get much running at regular services but we have our fair share of running during campmeeting's and other special events.

We also get a lot of runners in our afternoon prayer/healing school, its a well established rule that we "run to the right" that way nobody runs into each other, seems that when people get healed they just like to run for some reason.

lovesblessing

The Lord's Beloved......
Aug 22, 2004
In God's Amazing Grace!
✟17,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Rhemarob!:wave:

The first Bro. Hagin meeting I got to attend, was one of his Holy Spirit ones in Lakeland, FL. I sat in the balcony and never did get to hear him preach, because, he had one of the band members read Isaiah 10:27. Well, it took him along time to read it because he was laughing so hard;) , and when he finally got it finished, we all were!!!! Some folks, of course, ran....and I remember leaning over the balcony and looking at the lady flat out on her back in the isle, beneath us.....and thought, hope she doesn't get stepped on! LOL! She was there the whole night!!!!! And boy, was it ever wonderful.....spending time in the joy of our Lord! My only regret was that I didn't get to hear Bro. Hagin preach....but the Lord told me I would one day, and sure enough, when Bro. Hagin returned to Lakeland in 2003, I got to attend his first Sunday night service there and got to hear him preach live! God is so good....He didn't make me wait till I get to heaven to Bro. Hagin preach!:clap:

May the Grace & Peace & Joy of our Lord Jesus Christ be yours in abundance always!!!!!

lovesblessing;)

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Running is an action caused by superfluity of the Holy Presence of Jesus.

I drove a friend's Mach I (2004) edition. While doing 70, I "punched it" and my head jolted back into the headrest and the car soared immediately up to 90 without hesitation.

When that extra kick of Holy Ghost compression turns on inside of you, running is one way to expel that super-abundance of energy.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
riverpastor said:
When that extra kick of Holy Ghost compression turns on inside of you, running is one way to expel that super-abundance of energy.

Only once, in my entire life of being Penticostal life have I ran in church and it was pretty much due to that comment above. :)

I was part of a worship team and we had been in deep worship for about an hour. As I sang I began to walk back and forth and in circles (due to the small area of space we were in). Suddenly, I just knew that that little space was not cuttin' with the energy in the room and I just took off across the platform, down the steps and around the building....twice! :D

That was about 6 or so years ago and I've never done it since but it sure was fun. It did'nt distract anyone either....if they even noticed I don't know. :)

I would suggest thougth that it only be done in a surrounding where the leadership allows it...it could be considered "out of order" otherwise.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It can be God (I suppose) but it is too often exhibitionism and, as I discovered once, it can be dangerous. At a prayer conference one preacher decided to gallop around the edges of the congregation at high speed. It got a positive reaction from the audience until, as he rounded a corner, he bumped an elderly man to the floor, broke his glasses (but fortunately no bones) and knocked the wind out of him.

Fortunately, no further damage was done, but I wondered what the church would have told the insurance company if the man had been hurt.

~Jim

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Jim M said:
It can be God (I suppose) but it is too often exhibitionism and, as I discovered once, it can be dangerous. At a prayer conference one preacher decided to gallop around the edges of the congregation at high speed. It got a positive reaction from the audience until, as he rounded a corner, he bumped an elderly man to the floor, broke his glasses (but fortunately no bones) and knocked the wind out of him.

Fortunately, no further damage was done, but I wondered what the church would have told the insurance company if the man had been hurt.

~Jim

True Jim, very true...even though the Spirit is leading us to do something or even if it is just our flesh wanting to express our delight in God in a wild way, we must use common sense and courtesy.
grinning-smiley-043.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.