Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another way to say it is the herd mentality. part A. of Ex. 23:2 not to follow a multitude to do evil. You know the blind lead the blind and they both fall in a ditch. But as we look at the 2 books of Corinthians we see Paul's concern that some will effect others. That is why each believer counts to plant good seed and the word of God. The people who live in a conservative manner and not have wild ideas how God wants to run his church. or the correct doctrine. In some religions they have changed from foundational principles to keep people from leaving the congregation. That is why unity of the faith in Christian circles keeps from confusion. Love and unity is confusing because they are able to live by opinions and not live by God's infallible word. There is a difference between a 1611 bible or one rewritten in 2000 or so. Hebrew and Greek language help to mend some contradictions. Always try to read the context and not just one scripture. If everyone would follow Jesus there would be great unity. ( words in red)

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
In some religions they have changed from foundational principles to keep people from leaving the congregation.

That is a mistake on two fronts …the primary front is adapting worldly things which are contrary or watered down from the Word of God …. That is never a good thing with God.

Secondly – it will never be enough.... people will want more and more conformity …

God must always be the subject and man the object. When man become the subject and God the object ….you have powerless dying religion rooted in works.

• Winner
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I can understand why unity would appeal to some, especially among people who have seen a church assembly split over some trivial or nonessential matter. But we can never allow public opinion to influence doctrine. Biblical truth does not hold elections or conduct opinion polls.

• Winner
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm not knocking churches down. The apostates broke away from the foundation of christ , documentation, first Corinthians 3:1 to 3:9. These apostate, are heretick and formed denominations. Get the picture. Some denominations put people on guilt trip, if they repented, they throw sins back in their face. Like divorce. If they repented, their forgiven. Satan does this, he accuses Christian people who repent and trys to throw it back in their face. This is Bondage. Hosea 4:7. As they were increased , so they sinned against Me: therefore will I change their glory to shame. 4:8. They eat up the sin of My people, and they set their heart on their iniquity. Some churches set up booths and priest's practice absolution. Only Jesus can forgive sins. Its disgraceful to try to make second class citizens out of Christian people. These fake shepherds put stumbling block in people path. You don't want thier water, its traditions of men, false doctrine. 4:9. And there shall be, like people, like priest : and I will punish them for thier ways and reward them their doings. Jesus is coming 7th trump, and will put stop to the false preachers hunting grounds. Jesus will clean house. Revelation chapter 20, the millennium is time of teaching and discipline for the spirtualty dead. The fake shepherds will go with satan into the pit.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Another way to say it is the herd mentality. part A. of Ex. 23:2 not to follow a multitude to do evil. You know the blind lead the blind and they both fall in a ditch. But as we look at the 2 books of Corinthians we see Paul's concern that some will effect others. That is why each believer counts to plant good seed and the word of God. The people who live in a conservative manner and not have wild ideas how God wants to run his church. or the correct doctrine. In some religions they have changed from foundational principles to keep people from leaving the congregation. That is why unity of the faith in Christian circles keeps from confusion. Love and unity is confusing because they are able to live by opinions and not live by God's infallible word. There is a difference between a 1611 bible or one rewritten in 2000 or so. Hebrew and Greek language help to mend some contradictions. Always try to read the context and not just one scripture. If everyone would follow Jesus there would be great unity. ( words in red)
Interestingly, I just got finished reading @Michie in the RCC forum, in a post about the Protestant claim of perspicuity of Scriptures, the decrying of the way that the Protestant church (at least) splinters as it does because it tends toward 'private interpretation', and no authority above the individual. I invited Michie to post it in a forum in which it is legal to debate.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not knocking churches down. The apostates broke away from the foundation of christ , documentation, first Corinthians 3:1 to 3:9. These apostate, are heretick and formed denominations. Get the picture. Some denominations put people on guilt trip, if they repented, they throw sins back in their face. Like divorce. If they repented, their forgiven. Satan does this, he accuses Christian people who repent and trys to throw it back in their face. This is Bondage. Hosea 4:7. As they were increased , so they sinned against Me: therefore will I change their glory to shame. 4:8. They eat up the sin of My people, and they set their heart on their iniquity. Some churches set up booths and priest's practice absolution. Only Jesus can forgive sins. Its disgraceful to try to make second class citizens out of Christian people.
It is Jesus who forgives sins. When Jesus sent the Apostles out to heal it was Jesus who did the healing. Likewise when Jesus breathed on the Apostles, just as God breathed life into man, Jesus was sending the Apostles out to forgive or retain sins. The forgiving of sins is an act of God, although God can and does sometimes work through man.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not knocking churches down. The apostates broke away from the foundation of christ , documentation, first Corinthians 3:1 to 3:9. These apostate, are heretick and formed denominations.
I've been watching for years, an interesting phenomenon within the fact of schizm and denominations —even the cults, and false religions: There is some truth, to perhaps all of them, and, interestingly enough, it is usually identified within their particularity —within their name— and maybe always, or at least usually, it is a particularity that the church in general, or at least the church from which they split, ignores, to a degree. "Some truth", I say, but not by any means do I mean "full truth" without error. Any particular faction both goes too far, and yet without understanding just how the principle they espouse is true, or the extent of that truth. We ALL get it wrong, in our attempts at purity and truth. It is endemic to our human temporal nature, not to mention to our fallen nature —even (or maybe specially) for those who have been given "particular revelation", as they seem to consider it.

An example: Animism has a point, as dead wrong as it is, in that everything that exists owes its existence in some way to God's substance. That is, "In Him we live and move and have our being.", which is assumed, but relatively unimportant —not even taken into account— in the structure of most theologies.

Upvote 0