United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Since there was no marriage, there is no divorce.

A dissolution of assets, perhaps, but no divorce, as there was no marriage in the first place.
If there's a religion that says driver's licenses can only be God-given, does that mean I don't really have one?

Divorce is a legal term in this context. It refers to the resolution of a legal marriage contract and does not conflict with the validity of any marriage by religious standards. They were married. Now they're getting a divorce. The sky is blue because we decided that's what "blue" means.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know more Christians that get divorced, than gay people. So I don't see the big deal.

... Maybe that's also cause gay people are a small percentage of the population and also maybe cause gay marriage is just now legal. Not cause homosexuals are more committed then anyone else. But that of course does not make homosexuality morally right or anything.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
... Maybe that's also cause gay people are a small percentage of the population and also maybe cause gay marriage is just now legal. Not cause homosexuals are more committed then anyone else. But that of course does not make homosexuality morally right or anything.

Nobody's arguing the morality of homosexuality... this thread is about a celebrity getting divorced.

gay or straight, I don't see why this is news.

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Since there was no marriage, there is no divorce.

A dissolution of assets, perhaps, but no divorce, as there was no marriage in the first place.
The state (the ones who decide whether it was a marriage or not) say it was a marriage therefore it was.

I'll be checking your original post for a response since we all know that is your preferred choice of discussion instead of doing the honest thing and replying to my post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Rosie O'Donnell is a media figure; her life IS in the news. I personally don't care, but please stop this silly "why is this news" nonsense. If you really don't care, don't respond.

Easy.

I spend no time on the lives of those in Hollywood. This country would be better off if we stopped treating them as people of importance.

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Some marriages fail. Some people don't do well with being married. Honestly, I really don't care to gossip or concern myself with celebrities' lives that do not impact me.

People are successful and not in relationships. Sexual orientation generally doesn't change or deviate success and failure.

Upvote 0