Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think You read too much stuff from other spectators who do not understand what they think they understand

And where in scripture is Josephus or Payne or Holford?

My advice .... stick with the prophets and the apostles

Let's stick with what Luke said about the words spoken by Christ.

Luk 21:5 And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said,

Luk 21:6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Luk 21:7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's stick with what Luke said about the words spoken by Christ.

Luk 21:5 And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said,

Luk 21:6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Luk 21:7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Never mind all those stones left remaining upon another to this very day...

Never mind Dan. 2:44 as to the filling full, or end of the times of the Gentiles, politically.

Lol, you're so busy denying its Gap, that, having fallen in, all you see is what "book about" you fell into said Gap with... :doh::)

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"Let's stick with what Luke said about the words spoken by Christ."

Still no stones of the temple and related buildings as He has said .... and there will not be during the coming tribulation

The Lord is looking much longer than you are and He speaks to Israel in the coming time of Jacob's trouble not 70 AD

And Israel will be invaded and scattered again .... this is still pending today

At a time when the entire world will be fearful about what is coming upon them as it comes

All of the things taken together in Luke 21:20-36 are necessary for marking the time that is still pending .... not just some of them

70 AD was not that time .... no matter how much the pretetist tries to force the issue

And when the pretertist does this thing .... you destroy your own credibility

People just are not as ignorant as you think they are

The preterist is stuck in the breach and with no future to continue

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Still no stones of the temple and related buildings as He has said .... and there will not be during the coming tribulation

The Lord is looking much longer than you are and He speaks to Israel in the coming time of Jacob's trouble not 70 AD

At a time when the entire world will be fearful about what is coming upon them as it comes

All of the things taken together in Luke 21:20-36 are necessary for marking the time that is still pending .... not just some of them

70 AD was not that time .... no matter how much the pretetist tries to force the issue

Actually, BAB2 is "preterist" in those aspects, for he is Post-Trib Rapture, thus, he is, in some sense, a little Dispensational.

Interesting, in that the authors and speakers whose books and videos he mostly posts are Reformed, Adventist, etc., or "no rapture at all."

But no, I wouldn't say he is a Preterist, nor a Partial-Preterist. More like he is "partial to" their "one size fits all" - "God is forever through with Israel" - ism.

To be sure, one size fits all can lead one to a Post-Trib Rapture position - an odd position - what's the point of a catching away at that point?

Whoops, gotta run, my "all in one" [or is that "all for one..."] chemistry set just arrived - tomorrow I will no longer be Dispensational :D

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, BAB2 is "preterist" in those aspects, for he is Post-Trib Rapture, thus, he is, in some sense, a little Dispensational.

Interesting, in that the authors and speakers whose books and videos he mostly posts are Reformed, Adventist, etc., or "no rapture at all."

But no, I wouldn't say he is a Preterist, nor a Partial-Preterist. More like he is "partial to" their "one size fits all" - "God is forever through with Israel" - ism.

To be sure, one size fits all can lead one to a Post-Trib Rapture position - an odd position - what's the point of a catching away at that point?

Whoops, gotta run, my "all in one" [or is that "all for one..."] chemistry set just arrived - tomorrow I will no longer be Dispensational :D

I know it is a sad commentary that I do not have a particular system of interpretation, like Mid-Acts Dispensationalism.

No wonder I am always confused.

How can anyone figure out the truth by just reading the text?

I really appreciate you guys trying to get me on the correct path.

I thought I had already sent you a chemistry set...

:cool:

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

This is quite mistaken belief. When Rome destroyed the temple NOT ONE stone remained.

The failure is understanding what is the temple "proper" is. It 's not the wall that surround the temple. They were built to protect the temple.

I don't know how many times I've heard other Christian say the temple was not destroyed because the "Wailing Wall" remains. The "Wailing Wall" protected the temple and was NEVER considered as part of the temple. Here's a good link to the model of Herod's temple:

JEWISH_TEMPLE00000000.jpg

Please note the illustration is showing the temple proper...no walls are shown. That's because they are NOT the temple.

This is a model of the temple surrounded by the walls protecting it:

Herods2ndTample.jpg

Assaulting preterism doesn't help your case either, and you frankly display ignorance of Christian history in what you've posted above.

The destruction of 70 AD is exactly what Jesus prophesied in Matthew 24, Luke 21, Mark 13, and Revelation Chapters 1-18 (which is John's version of the Olivet Discourse).

Jesus goes on to speak of things after Jerusalem's destruction in Matthew 25.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You are the one without the facts straight.

For the (Levitical) priesthood being changed (altogether eliminated & dissolved), there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

For there is verily a disannulling (of the Old Covenant) of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law (the Old Covenant) made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope (the New Covenant) did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old (covenant). Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. (a la Jerusalem A.D. 70)

Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first (the old covenant), that he may establish the second (the new covenant). (a la Jerusalem A.D. 70)
Excellent!
Aren't NC Christians in Christ a "Royal Priesthood"?

OC Mosaic Priesthood cursed forever?

Malachi 2
1 “And now, O priests, this command is for you. 2 If you will not listen, if you will not take it to heart to give honor to my name, says the Lord of hosts, then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings. Indeed, I have already cursed them, because you do not lay it to heart.
3 Behold, I will rebuke your offspring and spread dung on your faces, the dung of your offerings, and you shall be taken away with it
7 For the lips of a Priest should guard knowledge, and people should seek instruction from his mouth, for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.
8 But you have turned aside from the way. You have caused many to stumble by your instruction. You have corrupted the covenant of Levi, says the Lord of hosts,
9 and so I make you despised and abased before all the people, inasmuch as you do not keep my ways but show partiality in your instruction.”

=============================================

Hebrews 7:12
For being translated the Priesthood, out of necessity also, of Law a translation is becoming.

Revelation 1:6
And makes us a Kingdom of Priests[*Kings and Priests] to the God and Father of Him. To Him the glory and the holding into the ages of the ages, Amen
=====================================
It was tough being an OC priest in 70AD

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

While Jerusalem was a prey to these ferocious and devouring factions, every part of Judea was scourged and laid waste by bands of robbers and murderers,.........The three factions, rendered frantic by drunkenness, rage, and desperation, trampling on heaps of slain, fought against each other with brutal savageness and madness. Even such as brou't sacrifices to the temple were murdered. The dead bodies of priests and worshipers, both natives and foreigners were heaped together, and a lake of blood stagnated in the sacred courts..............

The old and the young, the common people and the priests, those who surrendered and those who resisted, were equally involved in this horrible and indiscriminate carnage.
Meanwhile the Temple continued burning, until at length, vast as was its size,...........

For five days after the destruction of the Temple, the priests who had escaped, sat, pining with hunger, on the top of one of its broken walls;
at length, they came down, and humbly asked the pardon of Titus, which, however, he refused to grant them, saying, that, "as the Temple, for the sake of which he would have spared them, was destroyed, it was but fit that its priests should parish also:" -whereupon he commanded that they should be put to death. .........
===============================
Kindgdom Bible Studies Royal Priesthood Part 17

One of the most intriguing descriptions of the unique character of the High Priesthood of Jesus is found in Heb. 7:17 wherein it is stated, "Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek." This one grand statement shows that Jesus is not like any of the other priests who the people of Israel knew so much about.
The entire seventh chapter of Hebrews is about THE MELCHIZEDEK CONNECTION, that is, it is about the way Jesus Christ, and thus, His body, the Royal Priesthood, is related to a strange man named Melchizedek. And the connection between Jesus Christ and Melchizedek is worth exploring. Let's take a look at the Melchizedek Connection.

The whole place Melchizedek occupies in sacred history is one of the most remarkable proofs of the inspiration and the unity of Scripture, as written under the direct supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. In the Book of Genesis all we know of him is told in three short, very simple verses. A thousand years later we find a Psalm with just one single verse, in which God Himself is introduced, swearing to His Son that He is to be a High Priest after the Order of Melchizedek. Another thousand years pass, and that single verse becomes the seed of the wondrous exposition, in the Epistle to the Hebrews, of the whole work of redemption in Christ Jesus. All its most remarkable characteristics are found enveloped in this wondrous type. The more we study it the more we exclaim: THIS IS THE LORD'S DOING; IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES.

In Genesis, chapter fourteen, we have one of the most intriguing stories in the Bible, that of Abram's encounter with Melchizedek, king of Salem, and "the priest of the Most High God." In the Genesis story Melchizedek is a strange and mysterious figure. He flashes across the scene like a meteor. There is no heralding of his appearance, nor any mention of its results. He arrives out of the blue; there is no account of his family; there is nothing about his birth, his descent, his life, his work, or his death. He simply arrives. We learn only that he was king of Salem and priest of the Most High God. During the time of Abraham there were no large nations. Instead, there were small cities where families lived or around which a tribe of nomadic people settled. The population of these cities was probably not more than a few hundred - at most a few thousand. Each city was presided over by a king. Often, these city-states were at war with one another. Sometimes cities would form alliances with other cities and form large armies that would then make war upon yet another city or alliance of cities. Such became the case in the lower Jordan where Lot, Abram's nephew, and his family settled. An alliance of Mesopotamian cities drove Lot out of the Canaanite city of Sodom where he lived and took him captive.

Upvote 0