Rider on the white horse rev 6

T

Time Watcher

Hint:

The seals are binding the scroll of the judgment events to come ... all must be removed before the scroll will open .... the Lord Himself will remove them all [and His immortal pre-tribulation ecclesia will observe the same].... then the scroll will open

Each seal represents a prevalent condition related to the coming tribulation period that will exist throughout the tribulation period

The white horse represents the spreading of the Lord's gospel of His soon coming millennial kingdom upon the earth .... this condition will start at the onset and will last throughout the period [Matthew 24:14; Revelation 14:1-7]

The 4 riders are symbolic only, but each has identifiable conditions that are explained in Revelation's unfolding of the tribulation and in other scriptures of the Bible

Once all of the seals are removed from the scroll, the tribulation will begin [Revelation 8 through 19]

The spreading of His gospel of the Lord's millennial kingdom [which will come at the end of the tribulation] will start at the get go and it will be carried by the 144000 ethnic mortals of the children of Israel [not today's church] .... these will be the first to believe and to be saved [first fruits] of the tribulation period ... and they will preach of the Lord's soon coming kingdom to be restored to Israel on the earth

These will witness first to Israel and then to the nations .... many will receive their message and turn to the Lord .... and the Lord Himself will lead the 144000 personally [they will know Him], but He will not be seen by the earth dwellers during the witness of the 144000 .... and then He will appear visibly to the survivors of the tribulation at the end of it

In addition, the Lord's two prophets of Israel will appear during the second 1260 days of the 70th week decreed and these will represent Him by standing in the face of Satan's beast whose human followers [the Muslim Middle East] will be occupying and controlling Jerusalem and the temple mount

The white horse is the symbol of the first seal signifying one of the prevailing conditions of the tribulation period .... the going forth of the spreading of the Lord's message of salvation and His soon coming kingdom [Micah 4: 5:5-8; Zechariah 14:6-11; Revelation 20:4]

The same white horse symbolizes the Lord Himself in 19:11 contending with the beast and his followers at Armageddon during the 30 days following the first 2520 days of the tribulation ... He will not be seen by earth dwellers during this battle, but will appear on the earth just after the 2550 days of His hour [time] of trial

The above sequencing explains His involvement from start to finish

There are not two "second comings" .... but only one intervention

This coming day of the Lord will begin with the tribulation of His judgments [ending at Armageddon] and continuing with His Millennial kingdom upon the earth, and then His eternal kingdom including His entire universe made new

The "day of the Lord" is not just one day at the end of the tribulation, but is inclusive of His hour of trial, His millennial kingdom upon this earth, and beyond

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
That could be right, in that the 1st seal's horseman, on the white horse (Revelation 6:1-2), could represent the gospel of Jesus (not Jesus himself: Acts 3:21) going forth to all nations and victoriously saving souls. For Jesus is the rider on the white horse seen later in Revelation 19:11,13 (cf. John 1:1,14), and his gospel will be preached to all nations during the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:14, Revelation 14:6). The bow (Revelation 6:2) is a weapon that's able to affect things far away, just as the gospel is able to affect things far away from where it began (Luke 24:47).

Not so much "saving souls," but God's non-miraculous wrath from heaven that judges the world throughout the whole N.T. Era, ie, the Word here, itself, conquers alone. Note also all the riders conquer - directed against the enemies of the Lamb, ie, personifications. It is the holy Word that comes first, ie, must come first. The composite, ie, white horse, and what is said of him - had a bow, given a crown, conquering to conquer signifies the Word (Scriptures).

Just ol' old Jack

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
And so shall it be during the coming day of the Lord

And the saving of souls will be capital during the period just as it has been throughout human existence .... He never withdraws the offering and the human must choose it

The Lord's gospel has conquered ..... and so will it be during the coming time of His hour [time] of trial upon the earth

You got the one revelation, ie, pretty much, one of his righteousness in the gospel, which is salvation and life; missed the other, ie, the other of his wrath from heaven, which is damnation and death (Rom1:18).

Just ol' old Jack

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hint:

The seals are binding the scroll of the judgment events to come ... all must be removed before the scroll will open .... the Lord Himself will remove them all [and His immortal pre-tribulation ecclesia will observe the same].... then the scroll will open

Each seal represents a prevalent condition related to the coming tribulation period that will exist throughout the tribulation period

The white horse represents the spreading of the Lord's gospel of His soon coming millennial kingdom upon the earth .... this condition will start at the onset and will last throughout the period [Matthew 24:14; Revelation 14:1-7]

The 4 riders are symbolic only, but each has identifiable conditions that are explained in Revelation's unfolding of the tribulation and in other scriptures of the Bible

Once all of the seals are removed from the scroll, the tribulation will begin [Revelation 8 through 19]

The spreading of His gospel of the Lord's millennial kingdom [which will come at the end of the tribulation] will start at the get go and it will be carried by the 144000 ethnic mortals of the children of Israel [not today's church] .... these will be the first to believe and to be saved [first fruits] of the tribulation period ... and they will preach of the Lord's soon coming kingdom to be restored to Israel on the earth

These will witness first to Israel and then to the nations .... many will receive their message and turn to the Lord .... and the Lord Himself will lead the 144000 personally [they will know Him], but He will not be seen by the earth dwellers during the witness of the 144000 .... and then He will appear visibly to the survivors of the tribulation at the end of it

In addition, the Lord's two prophets of Israel will appear during the second 1260 days of the 70th week decreed and these will represent Him by standing in the face of Satan's beast whose human followers [the Muslim Middle East] will be occupying and controlling Jerusalem and the temple mount

The white horse is the symbol of the first seal signifying one of the prevailing conditions of the tribulation period .... the going forth of the spreading of the Lord's message of salvation and His soon coming kingdom [Micah 4: 5:5-8; Zechariah 14:6-11; Revelation 20:4]

The same white horse symbolizes the Lord Himself in 19:11 contending with the beast and his followers at Armageddon during the 30 days following the first 2520 days of the tribulation ... He will not be seen by earth dwellers during this battle, but will appear on the earth just after the 2550 days of His hour [time] of trial

The above sequencing explains His involvement from start to finish

There are not two "second comings" .... but only one intervention

This coming day of the Lord will begin with the tribulation of His judgments [ending at Armageddon] and continuing with His Millennial kingdom upon the earth, and then His eternal kingdom including His entire universe made new

The "day of the Lord" is not just one day at the end of the tribulation, but is inclusive of His hour of trial, His millennial kingdom upon this earth, and beyond
Yeah...well next time you read the Olivet Discourse...think about the seals as Jesus speaks...and MAYBE...JUST MAYBE you'll get a hint for yourself. As Jesus speaks if you really think...He flows with the seals are opened.

What we have in Revelation is the Olivet Discourse expanded...Daniel was told to seal up his vision until the time of the end. It was the end of the nation Israel as God's people, because they broke the covenant.

Think on that...because Paul goes through great detail to explain it in Romans

As for "the day of the Lord"...there have been many. Go back and read the OT...it is a day of God's judgment. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Time Watcher said:
Hint: The seals are binding the scroll of the judgment events to come ... all must be removed before the scroll will open .... the Lord Himself will remove them all [and His immortal pre-tribulation ecclesia will observe the same].... then the scroll will open Each seal represents a prevalent condition related to the coming tribulation period that will exist throughout the tribulation period The white horse represents the spreading of the Lord's gospel of His soon coming millennial kingdom upon the earth .... this condition will start at the onset and will last throughout the period [Matthew 24:14; Revelation 14:1-7] The 4 riders are symbolic only, but each has identifiable conditions that are explained in Revelation's unfolding of the tribulation and in other scriptures of the Bible Once all of the seals are removed from the scroll, the tribulation will begin [Revelation 8 through 19] The spreading of His gospel of the Lord's millennial kingdom [which will come at the end of the tribulation] will start at the get go and it will be carried by the 144000 ethnic mortals of the children of Israel [not today's church] .... these will be the first to believe and to be saved [first fruits] of the tribulation period ... and they will preach of the Lord's soon coming kingdom to be restored to Israel on the earth These will witness first to Israel and then to the nations .... many will receive their message and turn to the Lord .... and the Lord Himself will lead the 144000 personally [they will know Him], but He will not be seen by the earth dwellers during the witness of the 144000 .... and then He will appear visibly to the survivors of the tribulation at the end of it In addition, the Lord's two prophets of Israel will appear during the second 1260 days of the 70th week decreed and these will represent Him by standing in the face of Satan's beast whose human followers [the Muslim Middle East] will be occupying and controlling Jerusalem and the temple mount The white horse is the symbol of the first seal signifying one of the prevailing conditions of the tribulation period .... the going forth of the spreading of the Lord's message of salvation and His soon coming kingdom [Micah 4: 5:5-8; Zechariah 14:6-11; Revelation 20:4] The same white horse symbolizes the Lord Himself in 19:11 contending with the beast and his followers at Armageddon during the 30 days following the first 2520 days of the tribulation ... He will not be seen by earth dwellers during this battle, but will appear on the earth just after the 2550 days of His hour [time] of trial The above sequencing explains His involvement from start to finish There are not two "second comings" .... but only one intervention This coming day of the Lord will begin with the tribulation of His judgments [ending at Armageddon] and continuing with His Millennial kingdom upon the earth, and then His eternal kingdom including His entire universe made new The "day of the Lord" is not just one day at the end of the tribulation, but is inclusive of His hour of trial, His millennial kingdom upon this earth, and beyond[/QUOTE

I like what you said above and it makes sense. I always thought that the tribulation starts in rev 6 with the seals but I realize that it is scroll being opened and read about what is going to happen . Are you saying that the trumpet judgements start the tribulation and not the seals? Many bible teachers teach the traditional way, however I am open for new ideas because I am always searching for the truth.

According to your theory, the white horse could represent the spreading of the gospel because the antichrist is not mentioned until later in the book. That's why I posted this thread, because this was an issue that I was not sure about.( who is the white horse ).

Yes, the 144,000 are the 1st fruits of the gospel and will preach it to the world. I believe that the 2 witnesses will start at the beginning of the tribulation and will be killed at the 3. 1/2 year point. There are other theories .

I do believe that there will be some type of war before Armageddon . I always thought that ECK 37-38 was a different war than the big one at the the end of the tribulation , but I could be mistaken. I haven't studied this particular subject according to what the scripture says( only some scholars interpretations which they could be misinformed).

I also believe that we really do not know the exact day or hour of the second coming of Christ to earth . Earth dwellers will see the sign in the heavens and you can count down days but I still not not think that's as clear as people say. I know that we also do not know day or hour of the rapture either.

Thanks for you insights T W

Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

"I like what you said above and it makes sense. I always thought that the tribulation starts in rev 6 with the seals but I realize that it is scroll being opened and read about what is going to happen . Are you saying that the trumpet judgements start the tribulation and not the seals? Many bible teachers teach the traditional way, however I am open for new ideas because I am always searching for the truth."

The trumpet judgments start the tribulation in chapter 8 ... the seals are portents of the judgments to come

"According to your theory, the white horse could represent the spreading of the gospel because the antichrist is not mentioned until later in the book. That's why I posted this thread, because this was an issue that I was not sure about.( who is the white horse )."

The Lord will immediately seal the 144000 just before the actual judgments begin .... period of silence ..... and then the sealing [Revelation 7:1-8]

On the same day the great city of MBG will be destroyed [Revelation 8:6-12; 14:8; 17:16-18; 18:1-21] ... this will be the first judgment of the tribulation

And the beast must come out of the abyss on the same day because of this [Revelation 17:16-18]

"Yes, the 144,000 are the 1st fruits of the gospel and will preach it to the world. I believe that the 2 witnesses will start at the beginning of the tribulation and will be killed at the 3. 1/2 year point. There are other theories"

The 144000 will begin their preaching on the first day of the tribulation, and the two prophets will appear at the middle of the period and function during the second 1260 days ... the same period of the 42 month rule of the beast [Revelation 11:2; 13:5]

"I do believe that there will be some type of war before Armageddon . I always thought that ECK 37-38 was a different war than the big one at the the end of the tribulation , but I could be mistaken. I haven't studied this particular subject according to what the scripture says( only some scholars interpretations which they could be misinformed)."

There will be wars before Armageddon .... these will be caused by the beast in order to form His Middle Eastern kingdom and to fend off any outside opposition [Daniel 7:7-25; 11:36-45; 12:7; Revelation 13:4]

He and his 10 kings will also destroy the great city of the Gentiles at the beginning of the tribulation

Israel will be over run and occupied by the beast and his followers followers at the middle of the tribulation [Jeremiah 30; Ezekiel 38; Daniel 11:41; Zechariah 14:1-2; Matthew 24:15-16; Luke 21:20-24; Revelation 11:2; 12:6; 12:14]

"I also believe that we really do not know the exact day or hour of the second coming of Christ to earth . Earth dwellers will see the sign in the heavens and you can count down days but I still not not think that's as clear as people say. I know that we also do not know day or hour of the rapture either."

No one knows when the Lord is going to intervene to call His ecclesia, and then immediately begin His hour [time] of trial and judgment of the tribulation [Revelation 6:12-17]

Those in the tribulation will be able to count down the 2550 days of the tribulation to the Lord's appearing at the end of it

So there is a dating that one cannot know .... and dating that one will be able to calculate

The Lord will only intervene once, but will be involved in many things during the tribulation .... then He will appear to the mortal survivors just after

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

bibletruth469 said in post 146:

I also believe that we really do not know the exact day or hour of the second coming of Christ to earth .

That's right, in the sense that we don't know it yet. For Matthew 24:36,42,44 does refer to Jesus' 2nd coming (Matthew 24:37,42,44), which Jesus had just finished saying won't happen until immediately after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31). So in Matthew 24:42,44, Jesus can mean that only if believers don't watch (stay awake, spiritually) during the tribulation, the 2nd coming will happen at an hour they don't know/think not (cf. the if principle of Revelation 3:3b). In the context of Matthew 24:36,42,44, Jesus suggests that it is possible for believers to know when the 2nd coming will occur and to watch for it (Matthew 24:43-44a; 1 Thessalonians 5:4).

Also, Jesus says "of that day and hour knoweth no man" (Matthew 24:36), he doesn't say "of that day and hour no man will know". So it's possible that at a certain point in our future, some believers will come to know the date (as in the year, month, and day) of the 2nd coming before it happens. Also, if we mistakenly think that Jesus can come today or tomorrow (as is sometimes claimed by the pre-tribulation and symbolicist views), then how can we also claim that he will come when nobody thinks he will (Matthew 24:44)?

Also, compare the following: "of that day and hour knoweth no man" (Matthew 24:36), "the things of God knoweth no man" (1 Corinthians 2:11). If we claim that the first verse means that no man will ever know the date of the 2nd coming until it happens, then to be consistent we would have to also claim that the 2nd verse means that no man, not even believers, can know the things of God until the 2nd coming. But who would say that? For the Holy Spirit can currently reveal to believers the things of God (1 Corinthians 2:12-13). He can currently guide them into all truth and show them what will happen in the future (John 16:13), including the date of the 2nd coming. For, again, Jesus suggests that it is possible for believers to know when the 2nd coming will occur and to watch for it (Matthew 24:43-44a; 1 Thessalonians 5:4). Also, what Amos 3:7 says would include the 2nd coming: Surely God the Father won't send Jesus back without having first revealed to some believers the secret of the date of the 2nd coming.

Jesus could return on the 1,335th day after the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the Antichrist) is set up in a 3rd Jewish temple (Daniel 12:11-12, Revelation 16:15, Daniel 11:31,36, Matthew 24:15).

--

Coming to know, at a certain point in our future, the date of Jesus' 2nd coming, will help believers to hang in there during the worst time of the future tribulation for believers. As an analogy, imagine that during a persecution of believers you're thrown naked into a walk-in freezer. The door is locked and the lights are turned off and you're just left there to slowly suffer the freezing cold. You could freak out at this if you have no idea how long you're going to have to be in there. But what if right after they turn the lights off, you see a little light in the corner. And you walk over and see a small note on the wall: "You will be let out and set free in 13.35 minutes" (cf. the 1,335 days of Daniel 12:11-12). This would greatly help you to remain calm and hang in there patiently for the whole time, even though you might suffer terribly from the cold. In the same way, knowing exactly when Jesus' 2nd coming will occur (Daniel 12:11-12, Revelation 16:15) will help believers, during the worst time of the future tribulation for believers, to endure to the end (Matthew 24:13).

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So I take it you are not a believer that a day is as a year and a year as a thousand representing the great week of creation...we are 6 thousand years from the creation of Adam representing 6 days of creation and the last 1000 years is the 7th day of rest?
Nope. God applied that to the judgment of Israel but people then go and project that elsewhere in the scriptures...but God didn't say it applied to creation.
Its just a coincidence that we are presently 6000 years from adam and the last day wont equal 1000 years but just some random number of years?
Something you believe that you cannot prove.

Revelation 20:

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
If only you knew how that applies.

Now that your Oct 6 theory has failed...how about you do some real bible study???

Upvote 0

Jon Anon

Oct 31, 2012
✟15,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope. God applied that to the judgment of Israel but people then go and project that elsewhere in the scriptures...but God didn't say it applied to creation.

Something you believe that you cannot prove.

If only you knew how that applies.

Now that your Oct 6 theory has failed...how about you do some real bible study???

The bible tells the years ...we know there was 4 thousand between Adam and Jesus and 2 thousand between Jesus and now...that is 6000 years how do you not see that

How do you get Oct 6 theory failed...that sign doesn't even begin for another hour and a half ...it starts at 8:30 p.m central time...how can something fail before it even begins.......that time will begin a 24 hour
watch

When you see a 'sign' that says food ahead do you just give up as soon as the sign appears and say I saw the sign but there wasn't any food that very second so the sign must have been a lie"?

The sign happens October 6 2013 at 8:30 p.m ....give it 24 hours before you say it failed

fb253c0233.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The bible tells the years ...we know there was 4 thousand between Adam and Jesus and 2 thousand between Jesus and now...that is 6000 years how do you not see that

How do you get Oct 6 theory failed...that sign doesn't even begin for another hour and a half ...it starts at 8:30 p.m central time...how can something fail before it even begins.......that time will begin a 24 hour
watch

When you see a 'sign' that says food ahead do you just give up as soon as the sign appears and say I saw the sign but there wasn't any food that very second so the sign must have been a lie"?

The sign happens October 6 2013 at 8:30 p.m ....give it 24 hours before you say it failed

fb253c0233.jpg
Let's get this in proper perspective...you *think* you know. Yet your prediction failed. So whatever you thought you knew, leading you to your Oct 6th prediction...it's erroneous.

ALWAYS REMEMBER GOD IS OUTSIDE OF TIME.

I'll say as God says it...Isaiah 55:8, 9:
8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Upvote 0

Jon Anon

Oct 31, 2012
✟15,635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's get this in proper perspective...you *think* you know. Yet your prediction failed. So whatever you thought you knew, leading you to your Oct 6th prediction...it's erroneous.

ALWAYS REMEMBER GOD IS OUTSIDE OF TIME.

I'll say as God says it...Isaiah 55:8, 9:
8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Your reading comprehension must be low........I said the sign hasn't even started yet...it starts at 8:30 p.m central time.....I will not say it is failed until 24 hours after the sign appears so might wanna save that comment for October 7 2013 at 8:30 p.m

Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

And now the re-invention

You have changed course from your original prediction

And in a few hours you prediction will fail

This is the way of the false prophet

The Bible prophets are never wrong, and always 100% correct

And by the way there are some who know that the Bible prophets are the only true prophets .... and all others who have come and gone are false prophets

Did you know this? .... you may, and if so you just do not care

There is much warning given in scripture about your behavior

Do I care about your problem .... not really

I just do not like false prophets

Neither do I like kids who make up stories

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Your reading comprehension must be low........I said the sign hasn't even started yet...it starts at 8:30 p.m central time.....I will not say it is failed until 24 hours after the sign appears so might wanna save that comment for October 7 2013 at 8:30 p.m
Well...I'm just gonna tell you to get back into the word...IT WON'T HAPPEN!!!

It's up to you...but at least you'll have a head start if you start now...:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Jon Anon said in post 150:

The bible tells the years ...we know there was 4 thousand between Adam and Jesus and 2 thousand between Jesus and now...

That's right.

For various scriptures make it possible to estimate the year BC that Adam (as opposed to the earth) was created, by working back from the year BC that Solomon's temple began to be built. Historians say that it began to be built about 966 BC. And the scriptures show that it began to be built 480 years after Israel's Exodus from Egypt (1 Kings 6:1). And Israel had spent 430 years in Egypt before the Exodus (Exodus 12:40-41). And Israel entered Egypt when Jacob was 130 (Genesis 47:9). And Jacob was born when his father Isaac was 60 (Genesis 25:26). And Isaac was born when his father Abraham was 100 (Genesis 21:5). And Abraham was born when his father Terah was about 70 (Genesis 11:26). And Terah was born when his father Nahor was 29 (Genesis 11:24). And Nahor was born when his father Serug was 30 (Genesis 11:22). And Serug was born when his father Reu was 32 (Genesis 11:20). And Reu was born when his father Peleg was 30 (Genesis 11:18).

And Peleg was born when his father Eber was 34 (Genesis 11:16). And Eber was born when his father Salah was 30 (Genesis 11:14). And Salah was born when his father Arphaxad was 35 (Genesis 11:12). And Arphaxad was born when his father Shem was 100 (Genesis 11:10). And Shem was born when his father Noah was 502 (Genesis 11:10 and Genesis 7:6). And Noah was born when his father Lamech was 182 (Genesis 5:28-29). And Lamech was born when his father Methuselah was 187 (Genesis 5:25). And Methuselah was born when his father Enoch was 65 (Genesis 5:21). And Enoch was born when his father Jared was 162 (Genesis 5:18). And Jared was born when his father Mahalaleel was 65 (Genesis 5:15). And Mahalaleel was born when his father Cainan was 70 (Genesis 5:12). And Cainan was born when his father Enos was 90 (Genesis 5:9). And Enos was born when his father Seth was 105 (Genesis 5:6). And Seth was born when his father Adam was 130 (Genesis 5:3).

Adding up the numbers of years above, we see that Adam was created about 4114 BC. This lines up with the fact that our current human civilization began about 4000 BC. If Adam was created about 4114 BC, this means that 6,000 years since Adam's creation were completed back at the end of about 1886 AD, and that the 7th millennium began about 1887 AD. (But this doesn't require that the millennium of Revelation 20:4-6 has started yet.) Also, it's curious that the next year (1888 AD) Blavatsky published her book (The Secret Doctrine) referring to the "New Age". Also, it's curious that the Mayan calendar begins in 3114 BC, exactly 1,000 years after 4114 BC. Also, the numbers of years in the scriptures referenced above show that Abraham (who was first promised the land of Israel by God: Exodus 32:13) was born about 1948 years after Adam's creation, just as the modern state of Israel was established in 1948 AD.

Jon Anon said in post 150:

The bible tells the years ...we know there was 4 thousand between Adam and Jesus and 2 thousand between Jesus and now...

And that lines up with the fact that the last days began in the first century AD, with Jesus' first coming (Hebrews 1:2), and the Holy Spirit's pouring out at the Pentecost in Acts 2 (Acts 2:16-17). The last days can be the last 3, roughly 1,000-year "days" (2 Peter 3:8), of the 7, roughly 1,000-year "days" from the creation of Adam in roughly 4,000 BC to the future end of the present earth and the creation of the new earth (Revelation 21:1) in roughly 3,000 AD. So the last "days" can be the roughly 3,000 years from Jesus' first coming to sometime after the future millennium (Revelation 20:4-6), which will be part of the last, roughly 1,000-year "day" (2 Peter 3:8), which could begin at Jesus' 2nd coming (1 Corinthians 1:7-8).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Bible2

YeShallTread said in post 157:

He comes before the true Saviour and will deceive many....those that believe in the lie of rapture as well as those that just have no clue.

Regarding "the lie of rapture", note that the idea of the rapture per se isn't a lie. For the English word "rapture" is derived from the root of the Latin word "rapiemur", which is how the old Latin (Vulgate) translation of the Bible translated the original Greek word (harpazo) translated as "caught up" in 1 Thessalonians 4:17. So the "rapture" is the church's being "caught up together" to Jesus at his 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17), which is the same as the church's being "gathered together" to Jesus at his 2nd coming (2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:30-31, John 14:3), which will occur immediately after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

Christians need to be wary of the mistaken idea that no rapture will occur at Jesus' 2nd coming. For such an idea could be employed in the future by the Antichrist's False Prophet (of Revelation 19:20, Revelation 13:13-15) to fool some Christians into thinking that Jesus' 2nd coming has happened (Matthew 24:23-26) without Jesus having to have raptured (caught up together/gathered together) the church to hold a meeting in the sky with him at his 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:30-31, John 14:3).

YeShallTread said in post 157:

The Rider on the White Horse of [Rev.6]

He is Satan arriving in the guise of Christ.

Even though the rider on the white horse in Revelation 6 might not be Satan, but could represent the true gospel of Christ, it's true that Satan could eventually arrive in the guise of Christ, just as the Antichrist's False Prophet could eventually declare himself to be a separate (i.e. a non-Christ) "Jesus".

For during the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 13:4-18), even though the world will worship Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) (Revelation 13:4-8, Revelation 12:9), this won't require that the Antichrist's one-world religion will say that Jesus is evil, or will turn the world against Jesus. For almost the entire world reveres Jesus, at least as being a good man. The Antichrist could confirm this basic world belief, but simply (in his words) "clarify" that while Jesus is indeed a good man, Jesus himself isn't the Christ or the Son of God (1 John 2:22). No doubt the Antichrist will also deny that Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, as this, just as believing that Jesus is the Christ and the Son of God (John 20:31, John 3:36), is one of the core beliefs of the gospel by which people become saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

So what the Antichrist could do is keep the idea of a good Jesus, but strip it of everything by which Jesus saves people from hell. And this wouldn't require that the Antichrist deny Jesus' 2nd coming. Indeed, the Antichrist and his False Prophet (Revelation 19:20) could even try to employ to their own ends the Biblical prophecy of Jesus' 2nd coming, as well as the Muslim prophecy which says that the miracle-working prophet Jesus will return bodily from heaven in the last days to bring the whole earth into the worship of the true God. For the False Prophet could claim that he is Jesus, returned to bring the whole earth into the worship of the true God. And he could perform amazing miracles (Revelation 13:13) as purported proof of his claim (cf. John 3:2). This is one reason why it's so important to know when and how the real Jesus' 2nd coming will happen (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6, Zechariah 14:3-21).

Once the False Prophet by his amazing miracles has brought the world under his spell (Revelation 13:13-18, Revelation 19:20), including many Muslims and Christians who may not care much for scriptural dogma, but could go wild over his signs and wonders, he could begin to (in his words) "restore to the world the real message which was spoken by me (Jesus) at my first coming, and by the great prophet Mohammed, but which message became corrupted by power-hungry men when they copied and changed the early manuscripts of the Bible and the Koran". He could then gradually initiate the world into the Antichrist's Gnostic Luciferianism (1 John 4:3, Revelation 13:4-6), a religion which could have existed since ancient times in some "mystery" cults, and which still exists today in the highest degree of initiation of a worldwide secret society. The False Prophet could present his miraculously calling fire down from heaven (Revelation 13:13) as purported proof that Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and the Antichrist are the true God (Revelation 13:4-8, Revelation 12:9), in an inversion of how back in Old Testament times, Elijah miraculously called fire down from heaven to prove that YHWH is the true God (1 Kings 18:37-39).

The person whom the Antichrist will revile is YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36), whom many people mistakenly think of as being (in their words) "the God of only the Old Testament, that cruel and hateful God who ordered people to commit genocide and kill babies (1 Samuel 15:3), while Jesus came and preached love for everyone (Matthew 5:44)". The truth is that Jesus confirmed that the God of the Old Testament, YHWH (Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Leviticus 19:18), is the same as the God of the New Testament (Mark 12:29-31), and that the Old Testament is true (Matthew 5:17-18, Luke 24:44-48). Jesus died for our sins in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy from YHWH (Isaiah 53; 1 Peter 2:24). And he rose from the dead in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy from YHWH (e.g. Psalms 16:10, Acts 2:31). Jesus died to establish the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28), which YHWH had foretold in the Old Testament (Jeremiah 31:31-34). And Jesus died to bring about the defeat of Satan (Hebrews 2:14), which YHWH had foretold from even the first book of the Old Testament (Genesis 3:15).

Nonetheless, building on many people's misconceptions of YHWH as being (in their words) "the cruel God of the Old Testament", no doubt one of the Antichrist's chief blasphemies against YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36) will be that YHWH is an evil god. This is one of the ancient blasphemies of Gnosticism, another being the antichrist lie that Christ isn't in the flesh (2 John 1:7). The world will be deceived into completely rejecting YHWH and worshipping Satan and the Antichrist instead (Revelation 13:4-8, Revelation 12:9). Satan may be worshipped not as "Satan", which most everyone sees as a bad name (it means "Adversary"), but as "Lucifer" (Isaiah 14:12), which means "the morning star". The Antichrist could lie and say that it's YHWH who is the true "Satan", the true "Adversary" of mankind.

Because the Antichrist and his False Prophet (possibly masquerading as Jesus) will deny that Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22), and will deny that Christ is in the flesh (1 John 4:3), and because they will bring the world into the worship of Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) instead (Revelation 13:4, Revelation 12:9), they could lie and say that (the non-mortal flesh) Lucifer is the Christ, that the new name of Christ (Revelation 3:12c) is "Lucifer Christ". For just as "Lucifer" means "the morning star", so Christ is the morning star (Revelation 22:16b). Also, Christ identified himself with the serpent (John 3:14), and Lucifer is the serpent (Revelation 12:9). Also, Christ said "Ye are gods" (John 10:34), and it was the serpent who said "ye shall be as gods" (Genesis 3:5).

The truth is that Lucifer fell from his office of morning star (Isaiah 14:12) and became Satan (cf. Luke 10:18). Jesus Christ has taken over the office of morning star (Revelation 22:16). And Jesus Christ identified himself with only the brass serpent on the pole in Numbers 21:8-9 (John 3:14), which typified Jesus Christ's crucifixion for our sins (John 19:16, Matthew 26:28). And in John 10:34, Jesus Christ (John 20:31) was quoting YHWH in Psalms 82:6-7, which shows that even though humans have knowledge of good and evil as gods do (Genesis 3:22), they will still die like humans (Psalms 82:7), contradicting the serpent's lie (Genesis 3:4). Nonetheless, the Antichrist could falsely say that Lucifer is the Christ and the true and beneficent God of mankind, and that the False Prophet is the miracle-working prophet Jesus (cf. John 3:2, Acts 3:22-24), returned to point the world to the true Christ/God. The Antichrist could falsely say that he (the Antichrist) is the human/divine "Son" of Lucifer, who must be worshipped as God along with Lucifer (Revelation 13:4,8). This would be similar to how Biblical Christians now rightly worship the human/divine Jesus Christ (John 1:1,14) as God (the Son) along with God the Father (John 20:28, Hebrews 1:8).

Near the end of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, unclean spirits like frogs will come out of the mouths of Lucifer, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet (Revelation 16:13). And these unclean spirits like frogs will go forth and perform amazing miracles to convince the world's armies to gather together at Armageddon (Har Megiddo: Mount Megiddo in northern Israel) (Revelation 16:16) in an attempt to fight and defeat YHWH himself (Revelation 16:14, Revelation 19:19). After gathering together at Armageddon, the armies will travel south and pillage Jerusalem, right before the real Jesus (who is YHWH: John 10:30) returns from heaven and defeats them completely (Zechariah 14:2-21, Revelation 19:20 to 20:3).

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The Rider on the White Horse of [Rev.6]

He is Satan arriving in the guise of Christ. He comes before the true Saviour and will deceive many....those that believe in the lie of rapture as well as those that just have no clue.

I'm sure you will agree that the Logos was even before Satan. Having said that, I was hoping the that the Word in Rev.6:2 must come first, ie, the Scriptures, until Matt.24:15. Satan had a big big problem at the Cross, Rev.12:7 for starters.

Just trying to work with you - ol' old Jack

Upvote 0