Not open for further replies.

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Well, I know that there is depth and breadth to the Word. Things can have more than one meaning or significance on different levels. The example I like to give is the parable of the Good Samaritan. On the surface, it's a "be a good neighbor" teaching but it also is a prophecy of when Christ will return. (Jesus who is the Good Samaritan (a Samaritan was someone who is half-Jewish), found the man beaten and robbed (mankind), the law and the priests could not save the man (priest-Moses and Levites-priests), so Jesus came and helped him by pouring on oil and wine (holy spirit and blood), gave him to an innkeeper (the church), gave the innkeeper two days wages and then said he'd return. Since 1 day is as 1000 years...Jesus will return after 2000 years...and it's about that right now.

Anyway, it's possible that you are seeing a deeper truth in the seven churches as seven covenant peoples and also about the seals/trumpets/bowls.

But you'll have to explain exactly what you see and why so that others can see it too.

I know you said that the covenant people are:
Adam,
Noah,
Abraham,
Isaac,
Jacob,
Moses,
David

Is that right? You will have to explain why you see the seven churches as covenant people in these catagories because I'm not seeing what you're seeing.
The covenants are right but dont forget "The first shall be last and the last shall be first". Jesus Himself reminded us many times of this -and always when the subject was eschatogogy.

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The covenants are right but dont forget "The first shall be last and the last shall be first". Jesus Himself reminded us many times of this -and always when the subject was eschatogogy.
ok, but show us how you see Smyrna as ...David? or Ephesus as Noah? or whatever...

What about the seven churches makes you see each one of those peoples in that particular church?

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
ok, but show us how you see Smyrna as ...David? or Ephesus as Noah? or whatever...

What about the seven churches makes you see each one of those peoples in that particular church?
Well there are so many "clues" given in the words used
ie:
Ephesus (the Church- covenant with David): patience; apostles; first love
Smyrna (under Law , covenant with Moses): dead & came to life ; Jews; synagogue
Pergamos (children of Israel , covenant with Jacob): dwell where Satans throne is ; hidden manna; white stone
etc., etc.,
I will leave much for you to find :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.