Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Amisk said:
"Government programs can not replace fathers in the home." John Hagee
wonderful statement. We live in a day when Children as a majority are rebellious and going against their parents, and listening to liberal teachers, govt people, etc. God help us men to rise up and be leaders in this day, and still put Godly values in our children even though the world is doing its best to corrupt our children.

Upvote 0

bod44

Jun 19, 2006
Eatonville, Washington
✟15,446.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stan53 said:
I presume there is some profound reason for the statement apart from the obvious. And who is John Hagee? Maybe I should know. Please do refresh my memory. Thank you.
yeah I was curious who he was too!

Upvote 0

Telrunya

Student of the Word
Jun 24, 2004
Bainbridge Island Washington St.
✟2,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
John Hagee is the founder and senior pastor of Cornerstone Church is San Antonio Tx (my home town) and is seen often on TBN I guess (I dont watch TV) I know he has authored several books and is a contemporary of LeHay as an Escotology commentator. I do know several of his predictions have not panned out but then again he never said they were prophecies but meerly educated guesses.

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Amisk said:

Amen! And also, speaking from personal experience, if a MAN doesn't BLESS his daughter as she grows and let her know by the time she reaches puberty that she is loved and accepted, then she is more likely to go searching for that love from young boys and men. And of course no govt program can bless these young people as they grow.

Upvote 0

Calebofthepromisedland

Aug 1, 2006
Hahira, Ga. One stop light town just north of Vald
✟19,024.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Amisk said:
It's true, the govt. has no idea of what a true father is any more. I grew up fatherless myself and had only my mother and God. Thankfully I chose to follow Him. Until the Govt. puts God back into this country we as christians cannot look to them for guidance. We can only prey God gets through to them.

Upvote 0

Calebofthepromisedland

Aug 1, 2006
Hahira, Ga. One stop light town just north of Vald
✟19,024.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tavita said:
Amen! And also, speaking from personal experience, if a MAN doesn't BLESS his daughter as she grows and let her know by the time she reaches puberty that she is loved and accepted, then she is more likely to go searching for that love from young boys and men. And of course no govt program can bless these young people as they grow.
Regardless of the child we all need a father. For the same reasons you stated I worry for my sister. You cannot replace a father but if he is not there then you need someone to fill the void. I can see the problems fatherlessness has had on my family. I prey this curse is not felt by others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prophecystudent

Oct 10, 2005
✟1,313.00
Faith
Christian
Amisk said:

Government programs cannot replace much of anything. Mothers, fathers, conscience, loyalty, purity, respect, love, consideration, justice, just to name a few.

One of man's biggest mistakes was to substitute "govenment" for God and God's laws.

Fred

Upvote 0

prophecystudent

Oct 10, 2005
✟1,313.00
Faith
Christian
Kelly said:
OK, so how do we help heal families who are currently without a father in the home?

How do we heal such families? Only God can do that thru the Holy Spirit.

How do we help put an end to it in the future? Get involved, really involved in election campaigns. Get fellow believers out there to vote for the candidates that represent our views and values.

Contact your representatives, at all levels, and senators, the white house, etc and make them aware of your opinion. Tell them if they do not support your/our values you will vote against them in the next election.

The answer to the problems our government is causing is to fix the government. We do that be sending better people to do the jobs that are not being done now.

Someone, some years ago, coined the phrase "the vast silent majority". Well, that majority has allowed our government to become tyrants when it comes to our values.

Atheists (like the ACLU) use our own court systems to destroy our national belief. They file suits that they know they will not win, but then they agree to settle out of court if they get the decision they want. They often get the agreement because the people being sued are scared of the court fight, or the financial cost. So, they just settle out of court, and another step is taken down that slippery slope.

Until the vast silent majority gets off their backsides, gets indignant enough, and fights back we will continue to see our country and our God given rights destroyed.

End of sermon. :amen:

Fred

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Kelly said:
OK, so how do we help heal families who are currently without a father in the home?
If the church would step up and fulfil its roles as the church, that would be huge. When a family in the church loses a dad, other men can step up and step into that hurting family's life. They can also get involved in coaching and in Boy Scouts to gain access boys' lives. I don't really have any ideas for how they can help girls because I never grew up with a sister. I do think that there is more that men in the church can do for them though.

Upvote 0

bod44

Jun 19, 2006
Eatonville, Washington
✟15,446.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
twistedsketch said:
If the church would step up and fulfil its roles as the church, that would be huge. When a family in the church loses a dad, other men can step up and step into that hurting family's life. They can also get involved in coaching and in Boy Scouts to gain access boys' lives. I don't really have any ideas for how they can help girls because I never grew up with a sister. I do think that there is more that men in the church can do for them though.
yeah, I agree, I think that if you look all through Acts, you see how the early church helped eachother whenever there was a need. Well, how much more then should we help people in that situation?
Jam 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.