NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Jesus felt the wrath of sin. Separation from God the Father. Events in garden of Gethsemane shows that
Jesus felt the wrath of himself, doesn't seem like a fair test and heres why.

Jesus was tempted/tested as fully man and God in one, do any of us afford this opportunity?

Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is God so he is omniscient. He didnt have to go through it personally to know exactly what its like, because He knows everything already.
That's another way to see it, so then why did he have to come to die?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He was tempted. Him being tempted doesn't mean that he faced every single possible temptation that any human being has experienced or will experience. There are people who experience the pull of addiction; Christ did not. There are people who are already so used to their own sins that they seek more egregious sins for whatever reason; Christ did not. But he was tempted to sin in many common areas, and this is enough.

Furthermore, knowing how to save someone from sin doesn't come with having sinned. I've been sinning all my life, and in my experience, having sinned muddies those waters if anything. I would not know righteousness unless the One who has no sin taught it to me. Therefore, the reason for Christ's temptation was not to help him save us. Rather, it was to show us that he was able to say "no" to temptation. Therefore, it is possible for us to say "no" to temptation in a general sense.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow..um I dont think we want a god who committed rape or molested someone.. That's just..ehhh..

I think since hes god...he doesn't have to be tempted in *every way* , I think the most important part is that hes able to keep us from sinning..

Also, I think another reason why God/ Jesus didnt ,couldn't and wouldn't commit those sins ( even to relate to us) is because...He is Holy.. To be able to do that..has to come from a depraved mind...the scripture describes him as righteous and without guile...

You cant be those things, committing those sins..

Anywho, this question makes me so happy God is holy and not depraved like us... Bleh..what a hell itd be if one of us were god.. * shudders*

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

TheNewBlack

Apr 11, 2016
USA
✟8,077.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
That's another way to see it, so then why did he have to come to die?
Because there needed to be a sacrifice for our sins, so that we would be forgiven. It was for our benefit, not His.
When we sinned and rebelled against God, we ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and it caused death, because we decided to become our own gods, and in so doing, chose our own will over God-selfishness over love. The most amazing thing happened when Christ died for us. In the history of the world, man has always made sacrifices to gods to be forgiven and show devotion to the deity. But Christ did something unheard of-He sacrificed Himself for man! It was the ultimate act of love and selflessness, and He did it to show us how much He loved us, and to set an example for us for the kind of love we should have. His last command was, "love one another as I have loved you." He loved us enough to die for us. And when He hung on the cross, He became the tree of life. All who eat from that tree never die. And when we choose Christ, we are reversing what we did in Eden by choosing Yeshua as God of our lives again, rather than ourselves. We are choosing Love-selflessness and self sacrifice for the sake of others, and that is personified in Christ. When we follow in his path, we choose to walk in His ways. Otherwise, we remain gods of our own lives, who choose to do our own will-selfishness, which is sin, the opposite of Gods love. And we remain in our sin, if we refuse Christs sacrifice for our sin.

Upvote 0

Angeloak

Jun 6, 2016
Summerville, SC
✟7,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting question you have posed. There have been a few errors in answers here, although their sentiments are essentially correct.

Although Jesus never gave up His divinity, He did not have the same attributes as God the Father. He was not omniscient, nor omnipresent (that's why he told the disciples it was better for them if He left so that Holy Spirit would come), nor omnipotent; He received information and power from Holy Spirit (just like we do). Jesus' power to do miracles was not from His ability but from Holy Spirit. (In fact, in John 14:12 Jesus says, “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.") Those who believe in Him can only do those 'works' through the power of Holy Spirit.

Since Jesus was not conceived from the seed of man, He was not born with innate sin inherited from Adam. Yet He was born of a woman so He lived life as a human. Therefore, He faced all the usual situations that we face. Remember the two greatest commandments: ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ (Deut. 6:5, Matt 22:37, Mark 12:30, Luke 10:27) That is where we are all tempted. Either we want to make something or someone else more important than God, or we do not care enough about our neighbor. All sin can be traced back to those two things. Jesus had plenty of opportunities in His life to care more about Himself than His neighbor, yet did not. We know when Satan tempted Him to lift Satan or Himself higher than God, He did not.

However, His ability to become the sacrifice for us came from His position as Son of God and son of man. Since He never sinned, He did not have to pay for His own sins; and since He was the Son of God, His position gave Him the credentials. He atoned for our sins because God the Father credited to Him our sinfulness and credited to us His righteousness. (See Romans chapters 4 and 5.)

Does this explanation help you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
He was tempted. Him being tempted doesn't mean that he faced every single possible temptation that any human being has experienced or will experience. There are people who experience the pull of addiction; Christ did not. There are people who are already so used to their own sins that they seek more egregious sins for whatever reason; Christ did not. But he was tempted to sin in many common areas, and this is enough.

Furthermore, knowing how to save someone from sin doesn't come with having sinned. I've been sinning all my life, and in my experience, having sinned muddies those waters if anything. I would not know righteousness unless the One who has no sin taught it to me. Therefore, the reason for Christ's temptation was not to help him save us. Rather, it was to show us that he was able to say "no" to temptation. Therefore, it is possible for us to say "no" to temptation in a general sense.
Ah but someone who learns to overcome sin can be a great teacher, why do you listen to paul so earnestly. Was it because he never sinned, no he was a chief of sinners and he wrote most of the new testament letters. All the gospels were written by sinners who over came their sins, God used the prophets, who were renowned for sinful escapades.

I mean the whole bible was written and constructed by the hands of the fallen, so it gives people something to identify when they face there own sins.

Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

That's not what I've heard said, it's said Jesus took on the sin's of whole world (Past, present and future) He was tested at all points, stuff like that you hear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Wow..um I dont think we want a god who committed rape or molested someone.. That's just..ehhh..

I think since hes god...he doesn't have to be tempted in *every way* , I think the most important part is that hes able to keep us from sinning..

Also, I think another reason why God/ Jesus didnt ,couldn't and wouldn't commit those sins ( even to relate to us) is because...He is Holy.. To be able to do that..has to come from a depraved mind...the scripture describes him as righteous and without guile...

You cant be those things, committing those sins..

Anywho, this question makes me so happy God is holy and not depraved like us... Bleh..what a hell itd be if one of us were god.. * shudders*
No not that he did by action, but at the very least felt such attacks, as we all do.

Did Jesus feel, think and act in no way. What about when he stayed behind in the temple as a child, his parents were concerned enough.

Doing my fathers businesses, his reply.

Anyway I don't know why I'm thinking that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So Jesus didn't feel the weight of sin pounding on him, so what did he feel and think concerning sin.
Actually that is what the name Gethsemane means. A Gethsemane is a large heavy stone used to squeeze the oil out of olives.
upload_2016-10-2_18-42-34.jpeg
So when Jesus was in the garden of Gethsemane praying before His arrest the picture is of one who carries the weight of the sin that He was about to atone for.
He is being squeezed and the evidence of His stress would be the hematohidrosis that He was observed to have experienced.

• Informative
Reactions: TheNewBlack
Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Because we are sin sick and need help...and he cared.
That was 2000 years ago, he hasn't shown up to do anything since. He just hangs around in sinners hearts doing his work, and it does not seem to be very effective.

(Well some things happen, in Africa or something)

But always working in the hearts of sinners (Saved sinners)

Reactions: Just_a_Joe
Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Because there needed to be a sacrifice for our sins, so that we would be forgiven. It was for our benefit, not His.
When we sinned and rebelled against God, we ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and it caused death, because we decided to become our own gods, and in so doing, chose our own will over God-selfishness over love. The most amazing thing happened when Christ died for us. In the history of the world, man has always made sacrifices to gods to be forgiven and show devotion to the deity. But Christ did something unheard of-He sacrificed Himself for man! It was the ultimate act of love and selflessness, and He did it to show us how much He loved us, and to set an example for us for the kind of love we should have. His last command was, "love one another as I have loved you." He loved us enough to die for us. And when He hung on the cross, He became the tree of life. All who eat from that tree never die. And when we choose Christ, we are reversing what we did in Eden by choosing Yeshua as God of our lives again, rather than ourselves. We are choosing Love-selflessness and self sacrifice for the sake of others, and that is personified in Christ. When we follow in his path, we choose to walk in His ways. Otherwise, we remain gods of our own lives, who choose to do our own will-selfishness, which is sin, the opposite of Gods love. And we remain in our sin, if we refuse Christs sacrifice for our sin.
I know that I guess.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not what I've heard or said, it's said Jesus took on the sin's of whole world (Past, present and future) He was tested at all points, stuff like that you hear.
How many points would need to be tested? The 10 commandments, properly understood, cover the total range of divine and human relationship problems and as an observant Jew He would have also been subject to the other 603 laws.
Remember also that Jesus exposition of the law reveals that anger is equivalent to murder and lusting after another is equivalent to adultery.
His understanding of the heart behind sin pretty much narrows the points of testing down to the temptation to not Love the Lord God with all His heart, mind and soul and the temptation not love His neighbour as Himself, nevertheless an impossible feat for you and I.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Interesting question you have posed. There have been a few errors in answers here, although their sentiments are essentially correct.

Although Jesus never gave up His divinity, He did not have the same attributes as God the Father. He was not omniscient, nor omnipresent (that's why he told the disciples it was better for them if He left so that Holy Spirit would come), nor omnipotent; He received information and power from Holy Spirit (just like we do). Jesus' power to do miracles was not from His ability but from Holy Spirit. (In fact, in John 14:12 Jesus says, “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.") Those who believe in Him can only do those 'works' through the power of Holy Spirit.

Since Jesus was not conceived from the seed of man, He was not born with innate sin inherited from Adam. Yet He was born of a woman so He lived life as a human. Therefore, He faced all the usual situations that we face. Remember the two greatest commandments: ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ (Deut. 6:5, Matt 22:37, Mark 12:30, Luke 10:27) That is where we are all tempted. Either we want to make something or someone else more important than God, or we do not care enough about our neighbor. All sin can be traced back to those two things. Jesus had plenty of opportunities in His life to care more about Himself than His neighbor, yet did not. We know when Satan tempted Him to lift Satan or Himself higher than God, He did not.

However, His ability to become the sacrifice for us came from His position as Son of God and son of man. Since He never sinned, He did not have to pay for His own sins; and since He was the Son of God, His position gave Him the credentials. He atoned for our sins because God the Father credited to Him our sinfulness and credited to us His righteousness. (See Romans chapters 4 and 5.)

Does this explanation help you?
Yes it explains something, I haven't formulated what.

Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Actually that is what the name Gethsemane means. A Gethsemane is a large heavy stone used to squeeze the oil out of olives.
So when Jesus was in the garden of Gethsemane praying before His arrest the picture is of one who carries the weight of the sin that He was about to atone for.
He is being squeezed and the evidence of His stress would be the hematohidrosis that He was observed to have experienced.
I think I get it, rather than feel or think about the sins of the world he carred the sins of the world.

Well where did he carry the sins, in his spirit? In his flesh brain? Where? Hell?

Upvote 0

believeume

NQR in the head.
Sep 25, 2016
Now I know
✟8,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
How many points would need to be tested? The 10 commandments, properly understood, cover the total range of divine and human relationship problems and as an observant Jew He would have also been subject to the other 603 laws.
Remember also that Jesus exposition of the law reveals that anger is equivalent to murder and lusting after another is equivalent to adultery.
His understanding of the heart behind sin pretty much narrows the points of testing down to the temptation to not Love the Lord God with all His heart, mind and soul and the temptation not love His neighbour as Himself, nevertheless an impossible feat for you and I.
Even If you're fully human you'd be struggling, you might blow out alot of chips in the process.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No not that he did by action, but at the very least felt such attacks, as we all do.

Did Jesus feel, think and act in no way. What about when he stayed behind in the temple as a child, his parents were concerned enough.

Doing my fathers businesses, his reply.

Anyway I don't know why I'm thinking that.
Well he was God after all-- so he's not entirely like us .

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I get it, rather than feel or think about the sins of the world he carred the sins of the world.

Well where did he carry the sins, in his spirit? In his flesh brain? Where? Hell?
We can see that he carried the sin in His flesh and his mind because He died, and in His spirit because he new the seperation of relationship from His Father that is experienced by the unrighteous.
The teaching is that He became sin for us so He carried the sin in every way, every consequence that you and I could possibly dread. Possibly I'm going to far, but I'm thinking that if He hadn't been crucified quickly afterwards He would have been on deaths door anyway with the consequentual extremely unheatlhy state of His mind and body as a result of the negative consequences.
To where did he carry these sins? To the wilderness, the outer darkness, to death like the scape goat of Yom Kippur, but you can't keep a good man down, as they say.

Reactions: Church2u2
Upvote 0