United States
✟15,224.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One of my friend's mom died and im not for sure if she was a Christian or not. My friend's name is Chris. Him and his family goes to a unity church and im pretty sure that they can believe in whatever they want. I dont think he is saved or that he even believes in Jesus. I wanna try to invite him to church and all without scaring him away (I just met him this week at college). I mean i have told him that i will be praying for him and that God will take care of everything but i just dont think he believes in it. Does anyone have any advice?? If not then all I ask is to pray because leading him to Christ is my next goal and i really want to achieve it.

Thank you,
-Melonie

emperormar

Hep Cat Daddio!
Aug 3, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Visit site
✟8,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Going to a church may not be the thing for him yet as pastors tend to play to emotions and rush prayerful decisions for Christ which don't turn out to be authentic.
Start by building a positive trusting relationship then share the gospel, share your testimony. Stay surrendered to God, pray that He'll lead you in when and what to say. Fill your heart with God's word so it may come out at the right time.

Upvote 0

Dixiecup

May 2, 2009
✟15,280.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One of my friend's mom died and im not for sure if she was a Christian or not. My friend's name is Chris. Him and his family goes to a unity church and im pretty sure that they can believe in whatever they want. I dont think he is saved or that he even believes in Jesus. I wanna try to invite him to church and all without scaring him away (I just met him this week at college). I mean i have told him that i will be praying for him and that God will take care of everything but i just dont think he believes in it. Does anyone have any advice?? If not then all I ask is to pray because leading him to Christ is my next goal and i really want to achieve it.

Thank you,
-Melonie

You want to "achieve" the "goal" of salvation for your friend? It's up to God and your friend to achieve this goal together.

You don't think he is saved? How do you know that? How can you know his heart?

I've been to Universal Unitarian churches before and it is true, you can believe in what God you want. I choose Jesus, others choose Buda, some are Jews and the list goes on. It's o.k. to get along with other faiths, God, I believe prefers it. I choose to believe in the Christian faith because of the Trinity. God, in my view would not have me shun people of other faiths. If I did shun them, how could ever hope to be apart of God people, all of God's people; saved or not by Christian standards.

You can't lead anyone to the Lord with a closed mind.

Think of it this way; are religious wars started by tolerance or intolerance?

Upvote 0

emperormar

Hep Cat Daddio!
Aug 3, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Visit site
✟8,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You want to "achieve" the "goal" of salvation for your friend? It's up to God and your friend to achieve this goal together.
Truly Melonie it is not a goal for you to achieve. You have the priveledge by God to share the gospel, God brings the increase.

You don't think he is saved? How do you know that? How can you know his heart?
While it is true you cannot know someone's heart but "For out of it are the issues of life." (Proverbs 4:23) "Wherefore by their fruits you shall know them." (Matthew 17:20)

It is better to offend some and assume all men lost and share the gospel than to offend none assume everyone is saved and they perish to hell.

I've been to Universal Unitarian churches before and it is true, you can believe in what God you want. I choose Jesus, others choose Buda, some are Jews and the list goes on. It's o.k. to get along with other faiths, God, I believe prefers it. I choose to believe in the Christian faith because of the Trinity. God, in my view would not have me shun people of other faiths. If I did shun them, how could ever hope to be apart of God people, all of God's people; saved or not by Christian standards.

God wishes we love and leave at peace with all but that doesn't mean to love God less by not standing on the truth of His word & sharing His gospel message.

The only people who are God's people are ones who are born again and follow His perfect word.

Upvote 0

meloniej

Aug 1, 2006
United States
✟15,224.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yea, i didnt mean i was going to achieve the goal to get him saved. I just ment that i wanted to show him that God is there for him. Like i just wanna plant the seed.

The reason why i think he isnt saved is because he basically said "I dont believe that Jesus is real"

I also agree with emperormar, God's people are the ones who are born again. Yes i know that there are different beliefs and i respect that its just some of those beliefs are not God's people. The only way to get to heaven is to accept Jesus as their lord and savior and believe that he died on the cross for our sins.

Upvote 0

emperormar

Hep Cat Daddio!
Aug 3, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Visit site
✟8,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only way to get to heaven is to accept Jesus as their lord and savior and believe that he died on the cross for our sins.
And of course rose again proving He was/is God

This is the Good News!
"Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and He was buried, and He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures." (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)

"Jesus died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again." (2 Corinthians 5:15)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.