Not open for further replies.

GodsTwo

Jan 30, 2008
✟586.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Today, I had to re-surrender myself to the Lord. It seems like I have been having to do it about once a month lately.

After four, five or six weeks have passed I am back going thru the same stuff again. Turmoil, depression, worry and anger have once again entered my life. WHY?

Why is it that I have to keep going back and giving myself to Him again and again? In my mind, once should be enough. It’s not about sin. It’s not about distance from God. I don’t really change my lifestyle or habits. I remain close to God every day. I had to sit back and really take a close look at myself to figure out why.

The answer is “LIFE”. It’s all the distractions of everyday life. It’s the turmoil, challenges and obligations of everyday life that will eventually distract me from what I have chosen to be my purpose. It is when I focus on myself, instead of HIM.

I sat quietly this morning and told God: “Lord, I know you don’t want me to be sad. I know you don’t want me to worry. I made it my purpose to make you happy, to give you joy, so I am going to focus on that and not worry about all that other stuff.”

When I said that, immediately, I felt His joy enter my soul. I heard him sigh and say: “Yes, that is what I want”.

I always thought that when people find themselves slipping back into turmoil, that it was an issue of faith or trust. I realize now that I was wrong. It is about focus – everyday, every hour, focus. It’s like I have been saying – about total self-giving – looking not at myself, but only at HIM.

My next question was going to be: “How to stay focused?” I know you are going to have all kinds of answers for me. But I believe that what is going to help me the most is the awareness I have derived from writing this.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that we should give ourselves to the Lord, and make a decision to live for him, every day. Every day we meet with things that seek to disrupt our walk with God, lead us astray and lead us into temptation. Heard the hymn "I need thee every hour"? That's us. God wants us to trust him, and so we need to surrender ourselves to him.

Jesus told us to remain united to him.

Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"The Psalms are helpful in times when I need to focus, or am in turmoil. The writers seem to start out in turmoil, pouring out their situation, then they find their focus in the Lord, and go on to praise Him. They seem to the then rise above the negative realities, seeing God again. They're on the Rock again, the strength of their life. I find the word of his grace through the Psalms. I like what Paul said "I commend you to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and give you an inheritance among the saints"

"O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my flesh yearns for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

Thus will I behold you in the sanctuary
to see your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life
my lips will praise you." -Psalm 63

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After four, five or six weeks have passed I am back going thru the same stuff again. Turmoil, depression, worry and anger have once again entered my life. WHY?

John 16:33 NIV
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Upvote 0

Cheri67

Make God happy, say your sorry..and mean it :)
Jul 10, 2007
✟8,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is one thing to see something, know it for truth, understand it..etc.

Its another thing when its come full circle to recognition in the heart. And touches the heart

It is a daily thing..hence why we are to meditate on Him and His word. Its satans JOB to steal your joy and blessings, strength..etc. And its our flesh that is a battle alongside satans job..

God bless you :)

Upvote 0

map4

Love Never Fails
Mar 29, 2008
Texas
✟10,762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I also had to learn to be 'God minded' meaning that I had to become aware of His presence. He is always with us but I wasn't always 'aware' of that. I started back to work years ago and didn't get to do as much reading and studying His word. I felt like I wasn't as close to Him. Then the Holy Spirit showed me that my mind wasn't stayed upon Him. So now, even at work or whatever, He is always in the 'back of my mind', so to speak.
I had to learn that it wasn't about how much time I had to read His word and pray, which is important, but that I talk to Him, think about Him, etc throughout the day.
My time of fellowship with Him isn't limited to the time I can be alone in His word and prayer. It's a 24 hour a day fellowship.

I also listen to praise and worship music whenever I can. That helps me.

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

GodsTwo

Jan 30, 2008
✟586.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I also had to learn to be 'God minded' meaning that I had to become aware of His presence. He is always with us but I wasn't always 'aware' of that. I started back to work years ago and didn't get to do as much reading and studying His word. I felt like I wasn't as close to Him. Then the Holy Spirit showed me that my mind wasn't stayed upon Him. So now, even at work or whatever, He is always in the 'back of my mind', so to speak.
I had to learn that it wasn't about how much time I had to read His word and pray, which is important, but that I talk to Him, think about Him, etc throughout the day.
My time of fellowship with Him isn't limited to the time I can be alone in His word and prayer. It's a 24 hour a day fellowship.

I also listen to praise and worship music whenever I can. That helps me.

Map4 - You are truly blessed, for you have figured out a secret that most of the church has not yet figured out. You are allowing and cultivating spiritual growth as God wants. When you reach a level of spiritual maturity, God has an incredible surprise for you.

Upvote 0

map4

Love Never Fails
Mar 29, 2008
Texas
✟10,762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Map4 - You are truly blessed, for you have figured out a secret that most of the church has not yet figured out. You are allowing and cultivating spiritual growth as God wants. When you reach a level of spiritual maturity, God has an incredible surprise for you.

Thank you. That is very encouraging and I needed to hear that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.