• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Stressed Out - Need Advise & Perspective

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Lately I have been stressed out at work. There are a lot of tasks pending my attention and resolution. However when I wanted to spend time to resolve them another more urgent and pressing issue pops up to requires me to look into it. All the time that they seem deliberate.

My backlog is building up and it is taking a toll on my mind. I feel guilty of for not resolving the backlogs but at the same time feel no motivation to resolve them due to the constant urgent issues keep popping up.

I feel as though someone is purposefully putting things after things before me just to snag me. I'm really demotivated to do anything due to the mounting responsibilities that keep popping up before the previous one is resolved. I can't enjoy the weekends and keep thinking of the load of backlogs I have to resolve. I find myself going into unhealthy habits to cope like spending my free time just gaming to get a small dose of achievements instead of more productive activities like exercising and socializing. There are weekends where I spent it on my bed from morning till night wasted by gaming. I know its escapism. I hate it.

Any advise on how to handle the situation. I wish I can talk to my parents but it will only worry them which in turn will add more to my stress. They are the type to worry excessively over my issues. I can analyse the situation but helpless to act on it. I know what needs to be done but I just can't bring myself to do it. This is really debilitating. Some days I find myself asking God for the impossible like stopping time so I can just finish up everything without a thing in the world disturbing me.

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Any advise on how to handle the situation. I wish I can talk to my parents but it will only worry them which in turn will add more to my stress. They are the type to worry excessively over my issues. I can analyse the situation but helpless to act on it. I know what needs to be done but I just can't bring myself to do it. This is really debilitating. Some days I find myself asking God for the impossible like stopping time so I can just finish up everything without a thing in the world disturbing me.

Can you temporarily hire help so you can catch up?

Can you stop future work till the present is caught up?

Do you know others with the same type of work who can share how they deal with this?

Will pray you get through this all.

Now a little biblical kinda advice.

[Psa 62:1 NIV] 1 For the director of music. For Jeduthun. A psalm of David. Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.

Get "the rest" you need and I don't just mean sleep.

Take a break and go do something you enjoy, even for just an hour. (The work will always be there) Then you can come back refreshed and tackle your tasks anew and get more done.

[Pro 13:11 NIV] 11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.

I believe this principle doesn't just apply to money. Little by little you will get it done.

[Psa 62:2, 5-8 NIV] 2 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. ... 5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. 6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. 8 Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

Yes, nurture yourself in God.

[Isa 40:29-31 NIV] 29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

God Bless

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If you are not married can you take work home a couple weekends and work on it there? Malaysia is that in SE Asia?

I could as I have access to my office network even from home. The problem is I don't have the will. I know its not helpful there is just something keeping me my motivation locked up.

Yes Malaysia is in SE Asian. Just south of Thailand.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could as I have access to my office network even from home. The problem is I don't have the will. I know its not helpful there is just something keeping me my motivation locked up.

Yes Malaysia is in SE Asian. Just south of Thailand.

thanks for the info @IceJad . But are you tired or depressed. Are you young? When I was younger had to work over time, weekends once in a while. It was hard but I thought of all that money I was going to get.

could you make yourself do a couple hours here and there. Keyword: make yourself. What a relief it would be to go into work and not have overhanging your head.

40 hour workweeks are a test of strength and self control but if you don’t like it maybe do something else.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lately I have been stressed out at work. There are a lot of tasks pending my attention and resolution. However when I wanted to spend time to resolve them another more urgent and pressing issue pops up to requires me to look into it. All the time that they seem deliberate.

My backlog is building up and it is taking a toll on my mind. I feel guilty of for not resolving the backlogs but at the same time feel no motivation to resolve them due to the constant urgent issues keep popping up.

I feel as though someone is purposefully putting things after things before me just to snag me. I'm really demotivated to do anything due to the mounting responsibilities that keep popping up before the previous one is resolved. I can't enjoy the weekends and keep thinking of the load of backlogs I have to resolve. I find myself going into unhealthy habits to cope like spending my free time just gaming to get a small dose of achievements instead of more productive activities like exercising and socializing. There are weekends where I spent it on my bed from morning till night wasted by gaming. I know its escapism. I hate it.

As far as your work goes .... you should talk with your supervisor and explain your situation and have him/her made aware that you are over loaded. They can either help you prioritize and/or possibly give you more help. If possible .... notify them in writing of your concerns and what their recommendations are.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,795.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I guess I owe everyone here an update for all the kind replies you have given. Recently I was able to clear up a majority of the backlogs that have been pending and I'm feeling a lot better mentally. The feeling of guilt has subsided greatly. Although there are many more jobs lined up ahead I feel more at ease and more confident in handling them. One shouldn't be ungrateful for more work in this economic situation.

I would like to extend my heart felt gratitude for the prayers and advise given. The ad-hoc issues stopped popping up so frequently after I made my posting. I believe in a way the Lord has made it so because of all your prayers. Thank you.

• Friendly
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0