Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
just like the title says. This thread is for random musings on scripture, and all things biblical. The point behind this is not debate, but just to talk about. It's "unsupportable" so debate shouldn't be an issue here.

I just want to hear some opinions on all things biblical, that may or may not be true, and frankly don't matter if they are or not. Just perhaps how you envision certain things.

let me give you an example to kick it off.

I envision Samson, not as a huge, beefy man-stud with rippling muscles, but as an average, perhaps even smaller than average person.

maybe like this guy, minus the tye-die and weed. ( I deleted the picture, because it's so stinking big! It was a hippy. a skinny hippy.)

it would be more amazing, I think that his strength came only from God, and his personal physique had nothing to do with it.

completely unsupportable.

Last edited:

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I envision Samson, not as a huge, beefy man-stud with rippling muscles, but as an average, perhaps even smaller than average person.

maybe like this guy, minus the tye-die and weed. ( I deleted the picture, because it's so stinking big! It was a hippy. a skinny hippy.)

it would be more amazing, I think that his strength came only from God, and his personal physique had nothing to do with it.

completely unsupportable.
I agree. It would seem that if he was a big buff dude, then they really wouldn't be questioning his strength.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
just like the title says. This thread is for random musings on scripture, and all things biblical. The point behind this is not debate, but just to talk about. It's "unsupportable" so debate shouldn't be an issue here.
Were there termites and woodpeckers aboard the ark of Noah? :)

Noah_27s_20Ark_20Cartoon.jpg

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
An unsupportable musing is that the bible says that the world is 4.5 billion years old and that God created man out of the wombs of apes or better yet, some fictitious animal or half-man, half-beast. ;)

there is a place for this.

this isn't it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Job might not have actaully exist on earth - that doesn't the story isn't true.
I know that we aren't supposed to debate, but what indication do you have from the text that Job isn't true? And how can it be true while at the same time saying that he didn't exist?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know that we aren't supposed to debate, but what indication do you have from the text that Job isn't true? And how can it be true while at the same time saying that he didn't exist?
Greetings. By the same token, we would then also have to say the same about the "adam and eve" it would seem :) :wave:

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Genesis 5:5 And they are becoming all of days of Adam which he lived, nine of hundreds year and-thirty year and he is dying/ap-eqanen #599 LXX [1 corin 15:22].

1 Corinthians 15:22 For just as in the Adam all are dying/apo-qnhskousin <599> (5719), so also in the Christ all shall be being made alive. [Genesis 5:5]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I think it's possible for the story to be true without the existence of the character Job - just as Eliphaz the Teminite may not have existed, and the other two friends - can't remember the names. I don't really have anything to support my idea, I thought that was the purpose of this thread.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think it's possible for the story to be true without the existence of the character Job - just as Eliphaz the Teminite may not have existed, and the other two friends - can't remember the names. I don't really have anything to support my idea, I thought that was the purpose of this thread.
Don't say that too loud to an atheist :D ;)

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

indeed! I don't want people to think that they have to come up with 95 Theses as to why their speculation is true! It's just speculations! Things that are of no moment whether or not your are correct, or out in left field. For instance, I have a speculation that Jesus laughed quite a bit more than is portrayed in most works about him. In most film or art depictions, he is very serious, sometimes downright forbidding in his visual aspect... perhaps because the artist is trying to impart his holiness/seriousness of purpose.

he was fully aquainted with what Joy really was though, I think he had good, clean laughter as part of his life.

another unsupported speculation.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
One event the atheists brought up on the old GA board was this event in Joshua 10. [Unfortunately that whole board was deleted.....sigh]

I cannot prove this literally happened and is an unsupportable muse for me :)

Joshua 10:12 Then Y@howshuwa` is speaking to YHWH in day to give of YHWH the 'Emoriy to faces of sons of Yisra'el.
And he is saying to eyes of Yisra'el, "sun in Gib`own still thou! and moon in valley of 'Ayalown".
13 And the sun is still/01826 damam and moon stayed/05975 `amad, until he is avenging nation enemies of him.........

01826 damam a prim root [compare 01724, 01820]; TWOT - 439; v
AV - silence 6, still 6, silent 4, cut off 3, cut down 2, rest 2, cease 2, forbear 1, peace 1, quieted 1, tarry 1, wait 1; 30

05975 `amad a primitive root; TWOT - 1637; v
AV - stood 171, stand 137, (raise, stand...) up 42, set 32, stay 17,
still 15, appointed 10, standing 10, endure 8, remain 8, present 7,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by MrPolo Ok, Deuteronomy 23:1 makes me uncomfortable.
Deut 28 is rather uncomfortable for me, at least it would be if I was an Israelite........

Deut 28:1 And becomes if to listen, thou art listening, in voice of YHWH thy Elohiym to observe to do all of His instructions which I instructing thee the Day, and YHWH thy 'Elohiym gives thee supremacy over all of nations of the land.

Deut 28:15 And becomes if not thou are listening in voice of YHWH thy Elohiym to observe of and to do of all of instructions of Him and statutes of Him which I instructing of thee the day and they come upon thee all of these the slightings/curses and they overtake thee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.