London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Quran says that the Trinity is Father , Mary and Son. How can I accept the book is Gods dictated word if its wrong about this. The Christin view has always been Father , Son and Holy Spirit.

And when God said, ‘O Jesus son of Mary, didst thou say unto men, "Take me and my mother as gods, apart from God"?’ He said, ‘To Thee be glory! It is not mine to say what I have no right to. If I indeed said it, Thou knowest it, knowing what is within my soul, and I know not what is within Thy soul; Thou knowest the things unseen I only said to them what Thou didst command me: "Serve God, my Lord and your Lord." And I was a witness over them, while I remained among them; but when Thou didst take me to Thyself, Thou wast Thyself the watcher over them; Thou Thyself art witness of everything.’ S. 5:116-117

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
The Quran says that the Trinity is Father , Mary and Son. How can I accept the book is Gods dictated word if its wrong about this. The Christin view has always been Father , Son and Holy Spirit.

And when God said, ‘O Jesus son of Mary, didst thou say unto men, "Take me and my mother as gods, apart from God"?’ He said, ‘To Thee be glory! It is not mine to say what I have no right to. If I indeed said it, Thou knowest it, knowing what is within my soul, and I know not what is within Thy soul; Thou knowest the things unseen I only said to them what Thou didst command me: "Serve God, my Lord and your Lord." And I was a witness over them, while I remained among them; but when Thou didst take me to Thyself, Thou wast Thyself the watcher over them; Thou Thyself art witness of everything.’ S. 5:116-117
Where it's said here that this is the Trinity ?

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where it's said here that this is the Trinity ?

The Christian view that God is Three persons is never directly called Trinity either in the Quran or the Bible. But whenever the Quran refers to the Christian idea of God and specifically the Threeness of God the Holy Spirit is missed and Mary asserted as a God.

This is quite simply not the Christian view of God and so the Qurans many references to this Christian idea are in error. If they are erroneous about this then how can this be the dictated word of God?

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
The Christian view that God is Three persons is never directly called Trinity either in the Quran or the Bible. But whenever the Quran refers to the Christian idea of God and specifically the Threeness of God the Holy Spirit is missed and Mary asserted as a God.

This is quite simply not the Christian view of God and so the Qurans many references to this Christian idea are in error. If they are erroneous about this then how can this be the dictated word of God?

Unfortunately this is not correct. Allah in Quran addressed 3 types of Christian .

First type : Christian who are saying El-Messiah and Mariam are Gods or Persons in the above verse. They existed historically but may be doesn't exist now, I'm not sure

Second Type :
Christian who are saying three(Trinity)
4:171 "O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs."

In another verse 5:73 "They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the third of three." And there is no god except one God. And if they do not desist from what they are saying, there will surely afflict the disbelievers among them a painful punishment."

Third : Christians who are saying El-Messiah is a God verse 5:72 "They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers."

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[QUOTE="Limo, post: 69054428, member: 382297]
Third : Christians who are saying El-Messiah is a God verse 5:72 "They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers."[/QUOTE]
As evidenced above, the Quran is false doctrine. It is NOT a holy book, but rather the made-up writings of a false prophet.
First John 2:

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Galations 1:
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The Bible is the true revealed word of God. The Quran is a fabrication by a known thief and murderer who had 13 wives, one as young as 6 (his defenders will contend that she was 9 when it was consummated, as if that makes much difference).

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
www.opendemocracy.net/faith-europe_islam/mohammed_3866.jsp[/URL]

So 150 to 200 years after his death before people started writing things down and the truth is we don't know much about the man except that he existed. His whole life is based on legends passed down.

The stories about the little girl could just be a fable. She could have been a daughter of a friend who died and he agreed to care for her. But because of the Arab culture taboos about women being with a man who was not their relative they had to make something evil out of Mohammed's act of service. To counter that they had to have him marry her. Then again maybe she never existed at all.

From the article;
"His neighbours in Byzantine Syria got to hear of him within two years of his death at the latest; a Greek text written during the Arab invasion of Syria between 632 and 634 mentions that "a false prophet has appeared among the Saracens" and dismisses him as an impostor on the ground that prophets do not come "with sword and chariot". It thus conveys the impression that he was actually leading the invasions."

Well was he, if he was already dead then this would have been an impostor leading the charge.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately this is not correct. Allah in Quran addressed 3 types of Christian .

First type : Christian who are saying El-Messiah and Mariam are Gods or Persons in the above verse. They existed historically but may be doesn't exist now, I'm not sure

Second Type :
Christian who are saying three(Trinity)
4:171 "O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs."

In another verse 5:73 "They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the third of three." And there is no god except one God. And if they do not desist from what they are saying, there will surely afflict the disbelievers among them a painful punishment."

Third : Christians who are saying El-Messiah is a God verse 5:72 "They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah , my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers."

1) If The Quran does not mention the true doctrine of the Trinity then maybe it does not actually object to it!?
2) If that is not so then how come the only real clear definition that comes from the Quran is that of Allah, Messiah and Mary?3) If Mohammed truly believed that the real Christian doctrine of the Trinity was a misunderstanding or worse a blasphemy about the nature of God why did he not say that?
4) If these words were really addressing Christians for all time rather than a minor and long forgotten sect that did indeed hold to a false and blasphemous doctrine then why did they focus on the sects doctrine rather than the true churches doctrine?

Heretics come and go but the real Christian doctrine of the Trinity was defined before the emergence of Islam and since Islam suggests that it is only true way to know and submit to God then how come it did not confront this "falsity" from its main competitor when it addressed the doctrine of the Trinity?

Reactions: football5680
Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
1) If The Quran does not mention the true doctrine of the Trinity then maybe it does not actually object to it!?
2) If that is not so then how come the only real clear definition that comes from the Quran is that of Allah, Messiah and Mary?3) If Mohammed truly believed that the real Christian doctrine of the Trinity was a misunderstanding or worse a blasphemy about the nature of God why did he not say that?
4) If these words were really addressing Christians for all time rather than a minor and long forgotten sect that did indeed hold to a false and blasphemous doctrine then why did they focus on the sects doctrine rather than the true churches doctrine?

Heretics come and go but the real Christian doctrine of the Trinity was defined before the emergence of Islam and since Islam suggests that it is only true way to know and submit to God then how come it did not confront this "falsity" from its main competitor when it addressed the doctrine of the Trinity?
It seams that you didn't read my reply....
Where it's said that Trinity is Allah, Messiah and Mary ?

Why Allah explain Trinity in Quran? Is is a Christology book?
Do you've an agreed detailed definition of Trinity in the sense which one is created first? Who did what? Do you agree how Divine side and Human side of Jesus were having one or 2 natures ? 10s of questions without clear agreed answer

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seams that you didn't read my reply....
Where it's said that Trinity is Allah, Messiah and Mary ?

Your references provided no alternate Muslim definition. The only clear definition was the one including Mary and not the Holy Spirit.

Why Allah explain Trinity in Quran? Is is a Chronologist book?

The words that Mohammed attributes to Allah suggest that the doctrine of the trinity is Father, Son and Mary. Since this is blatantly false one has to question Mohammed claim that Allah spoke at all.

Do you've an agreed detailed definition of Trinity in the sense which one is created first? Who did what?

One God in Three Persons.

The Nicene Creed is a clear enough definition that the church have agreed on now for 1700 years and several centuries before the time of Mohammed. God by definition is an uncreated Being so what do you mean who was created first? The Father is the Creator but the Son is the one through whom all things were made and the Spirit was present at the act of creation. All were there and all created but in the Personalities of each we learn something new about the act of Creation.

Nicene Creed:
WE BELIEVE in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.

For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
and was made man.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come.

Do you agree how Divine side and Human side of Jesus were having one or 2 natures ? 10s of questions without clear agreed answer

Chalcedon (below) basically cleared that one up and the doctrine has been clear ever since even if Catholics and Protestants debate the phrase "Mother of God".

Jesus Is fully God and fully man in one Person.

We, then, following the holy Fathers, all with one consent, teach people to confess one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, the same perfect in Godhead and also perfect in manhood; truly God and truly man, of a reasonable [rational] soul and body; consubstantial [co-essential] with the Father according to the Godhead, and consubstantial with us according to the Manhood; in all things like unto us, without sin; begotten before all ages of the Father according to the Godhead, and in these latter days, for us and for our salvation, born of the Virgin Mary, the Mother of God, according to the Manhood; one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, only begotten, to be acknowledged in two natures, inconfusedly, unchangeably, indivisibly, inseparably; (ἐν δύο φύσεσιν ἀσυγχύτως, ἀτρέπτως, ἀδιαιρέτως, ἀχωρίστως – in duabus naturis inconfuse, immutabiliter, indivise, inseparabiliter) the distinction of natures being by no means taken away by the union, but rather the property of each nature being preserved, and concurring in one Person (prosopon) and one Subsistence (hypostasis), not parted or divided into two persons, but one and the same Son, and only begotten God (μονογενῆ Θεόν), the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ; as the prophets from the beginning [have declared] concerning Him, and the Lord Jesus Christ Himself has taught us, and the Creed of the holy Fathers has handed down to us.

You did not answer my questions. Instead you tried insults as way of getting out of the conundrum they present.

Either the Quran denounces the doctrine of the Trinity, misunderstands it or does not denounce it at all. Your view that it is speaking to three groups of Christians does not work cause the Quran is consistently wrong across its suras on its understanding of the Trinity. Since it does not attack the true doctrine one must conclude that it misunderstands it. If it misunderstands it then God has not spoken in these words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Your references provided no alternate Muslim definition. The only clear definition was the one including Mary and not the Holy Spirit.
Allah told about Non- Trinity Christian who worshiped El-Messiah and Mariam https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collyridianism

I don't know why Quran should include what do you call clear definition of Trinity ?

The words that Mohammed attributes to Allah suggest that the doctrine of the trinity is Father, Son and Mary. Since this is blatantly false one has to question Mohammed claim that Allah spoke at all.
Again, Mariam+Jesus worshiping has nothing to do with Trinty Christian

One God in Three Persons.

The Nicene Creed is a clear enough definition that the church have agreed on now for 1700 years and several centuries before the time of Mohammed. ..
I'm not sure if you're aware or not but the Nicine Creed agreed about 2 Persons and the 3rd added after about 60 years in Constantinople of 381.
So, the Trinity decree was developed after 381 years.

Chalcedon (below) basically cleared that one up and the doctrine has been clear ever since even if Catholics and Protestants debate the phrase "Mother of God".

Jesus Is fully God and fully man in one Person....

Then only after 451 years the creed is settled. Unfortunately not the division of Christianity and consequently the belief continued till date

You did not answer my questions. Instead you tried insults as way of getting out of the conundrum they present.

Either the Quran denounces the doctrine of the Trinity, misunderstands...
Allah said in Quran to Trinity Christian "do not say, "Three"", ""They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the third of three.""

Regardless who are these 3, Does Jesus has one or 2 natures? Is Mariam a "Mother of God"?
There is no single type of Trinity Christian and there are many differences in the details
It's clear that Allah is talking about Trinity Christian regardless of the details

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Allah told about Non- Trinity Christian who worshiped El-Messiah and Mariam https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collyridianism

Collyridianism is a heresy that was associated with the Arabian region and it is possible it was still current in fireside chats under stars at the time of Mohammed. Mohammeds caravans traded mainly in the Arabian region and it is possible his understanding of Christianity was drawn from the Christian wife he took and the stories he heard there. I have no objection to his vehement objection cause it was a blasphemous heresy. But this was not what Christians outside that Arabian bubble of existence believed.

I don't know why Quran should include what do you call clear definition of Trinity ?

The bible does not use the word Trinity and neither does the Quran. But Surah 5 -Al-ma idah repeatedly objects to a doctrine that suggests Allah is the Third of Three. The only time in this Surah when an attempt is made to describe who those 3 might be it says Allah, Mary and Jesus. So clearly the Quran is denouncing a heresy noone actually believes any more. If the Quran is actually culture bound in its understanding of what the Christian doctrine is then its claim to stand over scripture becomes suspect. The transcendent claim that God Himself has inspired a word for all men in all times that men must submit to starts to look like culture bound Arabic poetry.

Again, Mariam+Jesus worshiping has nothing to do with Trinty Christian

Taking the whole Surah 5 as context there are enough references to show what is meant here.

I'm not sure if you're aware or not but the Nicine Creed agreed about 2 Persons and the 3rd added after about 60 years in Constantinople of 381.
So, the Trinity decree was developed after 381 years.

Actually the doctrine of the Trinity is there in the life of Christ and the scriptures that describe Him. The church took 350 years to articulate what believers already knew. The struggles over the various Arian, Appollonian, Nestorian etc heresies were mainly resolved by a combination of Nicea, Constantinople and Chalcedon and mainstream Christianity has been reasonably clear on this since. Recent aberations like Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons are revisitations of the Arian heresy but are not mainstream. This was settled doctrine by the time of Mohammed and the official teaching of the churches of the Byzantine Empire. Mohammeds view of the Trinity looks culture bound.

Then only after 451 years the creed is settled. Unfortunately not the division of Christianity and consequently the belief continued till date
Allah said in Quran to Trinity Christian "do not say, "Three"", ""They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the third of three.""

That from al-ma idah that I just quoted from. Read the full Surah. The only time that those 3 are defined there it is Allah, Jesus, Mary.

Regardless who are these 3, Does Jesus has one or 2 natures?

Jesus is fully man and fully God in one person. He is Creator and creature in the same person. He is the Holy utter otherness of God and a man who lives among us to save us. The basic answer on questions on incarnation and Trinity is that God demonstrates His oneness and his diversity. Too many Muslims indeed heretics within Christianity are attempting to squeeze the understanding of God into a merely human framework. Jesus is both God and man. How that can be should explode a persons mind. Gods thoughts are higher than our thoughts and His ways are higher than our ways.

Is Mariam a "Mother of God"?

Mary is the mother of Jesus who was both God and a tiny baby born in a stable in Bethlehem. But she is only a creature and God was before her. She is saved by her Son and is not worthy to stand in Gods presence except by his grace and mercy which he gives her.

There is no single type of Trinity Christian and there are many differences in the details

There is diversity in the Christian world and a healthy discussion amongst those who desire to understand God better. The basic doctrines of Trinity, Incarnation and Redemption are however quite settled and were so some 2 centuries before Islam.

It's clear that Allah is talking about Trinity Christian regardless of the details

Surah 5 reads like culture bound Arabic poetry when discussing the Trinity. It does not denounce the doctrine because it shows no understanding of it.

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Collyridianism is a heresy that was associated with the Arabian region and ...
Catholics, Orthodox, Protestant, JW, Mormon,,,, call each other a heresy
You need to know that Allah didn't say Christians in Quraan. Allah said "People of the book or Scripts". So, Allah said about any group uses NT and/or/either OT "People of the book or Scripts"

The bible does not use the word Trinity and neither does the Quran. But Surah 5 -Al-ma idah repeatedly objects to a doctrine that suggests Allah is the Third of Three. The only time in this Surah when an attempt is made to describe who those 3 might be it says Allah, Mary and Jesus.
Taking the whole Surah 5 as context there are enough references to show what is meant here.
It never said Allah, Mary, and Jesus. I don't know from where you got this
Allah said
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL translation "did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'"
DR. GHALI translation "cTake me and my mother to your selves as two gods, apart from Allah '?"
other translations here http://quran.com/5/116
None said and Allah

Actually the doctrine of the Trinity is there in the life of Christ and the scriptures that describe Him. The church took 350 years to articulate what believers already knew. ,,, This was settled doctrine by the time of Mohammed and the official teaching of the churches of the Byzantine Empire. Mohammeds view of the Trinity looks culture bound.
Absolutely no, It's not there in Bible, If it's there then there shouldn't be any disagreement at any time.
No Jesus didn't believe in Trinity at all
What about people who died before the completeness of the Creed ?
If prophet Mohamed has a culture bound, he certainly would list the Trinity as per the Byzantine only without a word about the small groups who worship Mariam and Jesus
Quran is the words of Allah not Mohamed

There is diversity in the Christian world and a healthy discussion amongst those who desire to understand God better. The basic doctrines of Trinity, Incarnation and Redemption are however quite settled and were so some 2 centuries before Islam.
You are contradicting yourself. how come it's settled 2 centuries before Islam and in the same time there still a health discussion to understand God better>
My friend, Churches doesn't believe that other Churches will have eternal life. May be some western people are tolerant on personal level but it's not the case in theological discussion and debate

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Catholics, Orthodox, Protestant, JW, Mormon,,,, call each other a heresy
You need to know that Allah didn't say Christians in Quraan. Allah said "People of the book or Scripts". So, Allah said about any group uses NT and/or/either OT "People of the book or Scripts"

JWs and Mormons are cults and I would not include them on your list of Christians. But the first three and Pentecostals also all agree on the doctrine of the Trinity and the Incarnation as laid out in the Nicene Creed and declaration of Chalcedon. But there is more diversity in the Christian world. Our view of God allows us to accept with a degree of humility that different parts of the body of Christ may seem very different from our own and yet perform an essential function within that Body. Much like a foot make speak a different language to a hand or and eye but the body without any of these would be impaired. Unity with diversity.

It never said Allah, Mary, and Jesus. I don't know from where you got this
Allah said
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL translation "did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'"
DR. GHALI translation "cTake me and my mother to your selves as two gods, apart from Allah '?"
other translations here http://quran.com/5/116
None said and Allah

Allah is mentioned in the same Surah Al-ma Idah as the Third of Three. Making the "trinity" that is being objected to Messiah, Mary and Allah.

But the doctrine is also misunderstood by making this separation between different members of the Trinity as if they were separate gods. God is One!

Absolutely no, It's not there in Bible, If it's there then there shouldn't be any disagreement at any time.
No Jesus didn't believe in Trinity at all

Arguing the deity of Jesus or the Spirit from scripture is entirely possible.

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God- John 1 v 1

This was said by John a living witness to Christ within a generation of Christs Ascension.

What about people who died before the completeness of the Creed ?

A person is saved because they repent of their sins and believe in God through Jesus Christ. If you can confess Christ as Lord from your heart and believe from your heart that he was raised then you are saved. Being able to articulate the Trinity or the mystery of the Incarnation is not something that is required for salvation. Though clearly many Muslims have made the understanding of it an artificial barrier to their salvation.

If prophet Mohamed has a culture bound, he certainly would list the Trinity as per the Byzantine only without a word about the small groups who worship Mariam and Jesus
Quran is the words of Allah not Mohamed.

No the objective doctrine shared by the vast majority of Christian churches had more in common with the Byzantine church than the Arabic heresy.

If God has spoken then He has spoken without error. If there is error then I will not blaspheme God by attributing it to Him.

You are contradicting yourself. how come it's settled 2 centuries before Islam and in the same time there still a health discussion to understand God better.

No there is no contradiction between a settled conviction about the basic doctrine shared amongst all the mainstream churches and a healthy and living discussion about what this means. This is symptomatic of a living faith in which people have the freedom to find and share about God as He really is.

My friend, Churches doesn't believe that other Churches will have eternal life. May be some western people are tolerant on personal level but it's not the case in theological discussion and debate

I believe the pope is saved and I am a conservative Evangelical. I believe that SOME of the worst liberal heretics amongst American Episcopalians may also be saved by the grace and mercy of God. But I will challenge Catholic views on Mary and Liberal views on Gay marriage as being in the way of salvation rather than contributing to it.

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Allah is mentioned in the same Surah Al-ma Idah as the Third of Three. Making the "trinity" that is being objected to Messiah, Mary and Allah.

But the doctrine is also misunderstood by making this separation between different members of the Trinity as if they were separate gods. God is One!
If it's in the same Sura it doesn't mean it complements each other.
Allah didn't speak about Trinity, Allah said 3 and didn't say anything about who are these three
Allah wouldn't repeat your doctrine that says 3 are one
Arguing the deity of Jesus or the Spirit from scripture is entirely possible.
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God- John 1 v 1
This was said by John a living witness to Christ within a generation of Christs Ascension.
What this statement to do with Trinity ?
Even though, It's written after El-Messiah has gone, El-Messiah didn't see what is written in, He didn't verify it

Nevertheless, John Gospel is not written by the apostle John as per scientific study.
Britannica said "Although the Gospelis ostensibly written by John, “the beloved disciple” of Jesus, there has been considerable discussion of the actual identity of the author. The language of the Gospel and its well-developed theology suggest that the author may have lived later than John and based his writing on John’s teachings and testimonies"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since the Quran rejects the Deity of Christ, that is an automatic rejection of the Trinity. But there are also specific verses railing against the triune Godhead, and say "Allah is one".

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since the Quran rejects the Deity of Christ, that is an automatic rejection of the Trinity. But there are also specific verses railing against the triune Godhead, and say "Allah is one".

Maybe but the oneness of God is essential to the doctrine of the Trinity. To simply assert God is One is not actually a critique of the Christian doctrine of the Trinity. This is why a great many Christian missionaries have suggested that the Quran does not actually oppose the true doctrine but rather only the false doctrine it attacks in Surah 5. Overall I think is a weak witness as the Quran does not accept essential details of Christs life that imply deity and which also illustrate a Christian understanding of Him as Redeemer. The stronger witness is to simply suggest the Quran is wrong. But in the Muslim world that could cost you your life.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it's in the same Sura it doesn't mean it complements each other.
Allah didn't speak about Trinity, Allah said 3 and didn't say anything about who are these three
Allah wouldn't repeat your doctrine that says 3 are one

You are trying to rationalise away the obvious implication of the text. The only definition that can be extracted from this Surah is Jesus, Mary and Allah which is a misunderstanding of the true doctrine.

What this statement to do with Trinity ?

John 1:1 and other texts are an affirmation of Christ divinity. The Trinity doctrine is that Father, Son and Spirit are all God but also that God is One.

Read Phps 2:5-11 and Hebrews 2 for further clarification on this.

Even though, It's written after El-Messiah has gone, El-Messiah didn't see what is written in, He didn't verify it

The Christian view is that the Third member of the Trinity (the Holy Spirit) has ensured its accuracy and the New Testament is written from direct testimony by eyewitnesses to the events described.

Nevertheless, John Gospel is not written by the apostle John as per scientific study.
Britannica said "Although the Gospelis ostensibly written by John, “the beloved disciple” of Jesus, there has been considerable discussion of the actual identity of the author. The language of the Gospel and its well-developed theology suggest that the author may have lived later than John and based his writing on John’s teachings and testimonies"

That is not the view of the majority of Christians around the world, it is not the mainstream historic teaching of the church and the argument itself is flawed scholarship.

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
The stronger witness is to simply suggest the Quran is wrong. But in the Muslim world that could cost you your life.
It seams like you info about Muslim world is taken from nowhere.
If this is the case. then there shouldn't be even one Non-Moslem live and work in the Moslim World now

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
You are trying to rationalise away the obvious implication of the text. The only definition that can be extracted from this Surah is Jesus, Mary and Allah which is a misunderstanding of the true doctrine.
This is not right. Sura is like a book that talks about several subjects
There is another verse about people who don't believe in Trinity but believe in El-Messiah as one God.
Someone can read in your way and say "Quran is looking to the Trinity El-Messiah is one and only God"

Upvote 0