• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Quiting with Chantix

Evie12

Look forward to the future but living in the now
Sep 7, 2011
Netherlands
✟15,270.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll quit on Monday 14 September: I'm on Chantix now. the 14th is my 7th day on Chantix I don't want to quit smoking too late in my second week on not on the 13th not that it's bad luck or something but I want it to be a nice date :amen:

I've quit smoking 1000 of times but was only succesfull 2 or 3 times. Once with Chantix, once cold turkey and once with nicotine patches. Right now ptaches and cold turkey won't work for me.

I need that extra something, push or something, in my brain.... :blush: I have asthma and my test results are pretty much in COPD line. :sorry: which will probably improve when I'm quit longer...

Pray for me if you want. I smoke less already. The urge to smoke is less. The high of nicotine is nothing anytmore in the morning after my night of sleep.

And as for the dreams, the Topamax does prevent me from drifting off and ponder away in my nightmares. So that's a + :clap: I'm not nauxious.

WiredSpirit

and all God's people said... meh
Jul 5, 2004
Evansville
✟2,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I tried quitting with Chantix and all it did was give me headaches. I got two months worth of the stuff and all but a couple weeks worth is sitting in a file cabinet now. I was given an anti-depressant called Wellbutrin, and I was on it for about three months and right after my doctor increased my dose I quit smoking. I thought the medicine gave me the self-control to quit smoking as it was easy to drop cigarettes in one weekend, but then I found out Wellbutrin (an NDRI anti-depressant) is also marketed as Zyban for smoking-cessation. Around the same time I started exercising and eating better and have lost about 30 lbs, though I still need to lose another 15. From my experience I would recommend Zyban or Wellbutrin over Chantix. I convinced my coworker to try it and he was given the same Wellbutrin I was simply because it was available in generic and Zyban wasn't, but they are the exact same thing anyways.

Upvote 0

soaren

Jun 27, 2012
✟7,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
NO. NO NO NO. STOP TAKING CHANTIX. STOP. Look up the PERMANENT side-effects of Chantix. DO NOT TAKE IT. I have had severe cardiovascular issues from it. I am 21 years old. I also still struggle with panic attacks on a regular basis... Something that was incredibly rare for me before. And the timing of the panic attack onset is the same as the cardiovascular issues I had.

It took about 1 year of hawthorn extract and solid regular working out to reverse the ridiculous rise in rested heart beats per minute I had suffered from after taking chantix. My heart rate after taking chantix rose from an average of 86 (high) to literally 110 (very risky) within a month of stopping chantix. I have it now at about 86 again. There have been many very large class action lawsuits against pfizer for chantix causing severe and permanent cardiovascular and psychological damage. Peaceful people randomly tweaking out and killing spouses. Men of military fitness in their 30's dying of heart attacks. It's very bad news.

Trust me. As someone who has suffered from taking chantix. Do. Not. Take. It.

God put so many wonderful herbs on this earth with the power to heal us. There are DOZENS of herbs that can assist in quitting smoking. Please, use God's medicine. The Satanic New World Order is using the FDA and America's drug companies to kill and maim people. They want a vast majority of the world's population to be exterminated. The nature of the One World Government/New World Order and their eugenics policies go along PERFECTLY with the Bible. You cannot trust the mainstream medicine companies.

Trust God for your health. His plants, and his chemicals will help you quit. Do NOT TRUST MAN to care for your health.

If I was shot in the chest, of course I would go to the hospital. But do not trust mainstream medicine. I take aspirin when I have a headache (a few times a year), and my vitamins and minerals. That is it.

And for all of you "herbal medicine is witchcraft". Give. Me. A. Break. Don't even start =P

Look up online different herbs to help quit smoking... (So stupid I have to have 50 posts to post a link...) I have tried St john's Wort (for anxiety, not for smoking). It is very commonly used as an anti-depressant in Germany and Japan (two countries that prescribe medicinal plants before hardcore DRUGS like zoloft). I used St John's Wort an anti-anxiety medicine (it's more for depression than anxiety...), but I switched to 5 htp and it worked better.

Trust me. I know for a fact. Chantix is bad, bad news. Don't take it. It isn't worth the risk.

God Bless,

Soaren

Upvote 0

joyusdays

Let's keep it real...with God's help!
Nov 12, 2006
✟8,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I used to work in homes helping patients and chantix 9 out of 10 told me that went crazy, felt suicidal, or had horrible dreams. I would suggest try2vape vaper cigarettes. They have a forum you can see people talking about it and many testimonies. you can try this for 5.95. it's not the cheapy cvs ecig, it's a whole different throat hit that can't be provided by those low battery-operated ecigs. This one had a tank you fill. I have seen many friends quit smoking with it. It has nicotine, but works where as the gum doesn't. This has real smoke that is just vapor. No second hand smoke. There is a nurse who will work with you. She gives it a wholesale cost because she wants people to quit. She has great success...hope this helps.

Upvote 0