Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I live in NJ, but its pretty common here too. Like, really common.
I guess that even since you posted here some weeks ago, you'll have probably met new folk from church who happen to be tattooed also; you in NJ, right?

Upvote 0

Jason Sanders

Dec 26, 2015
Toms River
✟8,409.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I guess that even since you posted here some weeks ago, you'll have probably met new folk from church who happen to be tattooed also; you in NJ, right?
Yes, several actually.

And yes, I live in NJ.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, several actually.

And yes, I live in NJ.
Thought so. And while individual tattoos might be effective or ineffective, as the case may be, yet it's most definitely a very widespread thing for Christians to want to get tattoos, often faith based ones. Women as well as men. Especially women, even.

(To think that it used to be a man thing years ago.)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it's pretty common. It's also a fairly expensive thing to get done (not too expensive, but still around $300 for a good one), so it's not like people are just covering their body with them.
Yes, it's worthwhile getting a good one, if it's going to be done at all. And many Christians are determined that theirs be good ones from a quality point of view and as an effective witness, when the design is clearly faith based. So in a sense money isn't everything, as the folks who have done it already will probably have mentioned to you.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's .. an easy conversation starter for people who wouldn't normally be approachable/receptive to Christianity.
PS:

Yes, I agree!! :) for some ppl - for a lot of Christians - doing it has become a really, really meaningful and effective way of expressing faith and which will likely cause lots of witness conversations, hasn't it?

Upvote 0