Questions for a School Assignment

Goo

Mar 21, 2015
✟15,111.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello. I've been assigned a paper from school, and I need to ask some questions as part of the assignment. I need at least three answers. Here are the questions:

Do you believe that The Flood from Genesis really happened? (Yes or No)

If yes, then do you believe it was world-wide or just in the Middle East?

Thank in advance. :thumbsup:

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Glad to help. Let us know if you need backing for the answers.

YES

World-Wide

Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hello. I've been assigned a paper from school, and I need to ask some questions as part of the assignment. I need at least three answers. Here are the questions:

Yes, and world-wide

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yes , and recent discovery indicates there may be 3x the amount of water underground than in the oceans .. There are many old newspaper articles around the world that reported giant skeletons found but hoarded and hid in museums .. Even a report in Turkey of Noah's grave indicating a 12' person ..
Kent Hovind and others have some great videos out on you tube .. Also dinosaur bones with soft tissue still intact are being found all over .. And Y chromosome Adam points to a severe bottle neck of the population about the time of the flood

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Certainly the flood was real, and it was as shown in the Bible. One can check this out by writing to Home | The Institute for Creation Research ---the science site by scientists who are Christians. I wonder what the motive is by the teacher to ask this, which would be understandable in a Christian school, but otherwise .....???

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yes and yes. I remember growing up in the mountains of West Virginia and the outcroppings of shale were full of fossils that were obviously sea creatures. Also I have a fossil of a petrified tree that I brought out of a coal mine from at least a mile underground and several miles in. What are known as kettle-bottoms in the coal mines are petrified tree stumps with a small seam of caol around them so that they are very dangerous. They will fall out without warning. My father had one fall on him in 1942 and was pinned under it for 4 hours before they found him.

If I didn't have faith in the veracity of the Bible I would still believe in a world wide flood due to what I have seen.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Goo,

Thanks so much for turning to CF for some possible answers.

I'm convinced the evidence points to the Genesis flood being an historical event that happened. And yes, it was a world-wide flood.

I've provided some evidence in my article, A skeptic of Noah’s flood replies
This article may provide some back-up information to support Yes and Yes.

Oz

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Goo,

Is this for a Christian or non-Christian school? If it is for the latter, how you answer will probably be important in the response from your teacher.

Oz

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How do I upload pictures from my iphone? Its telling me the file is too large.

I tried to download them to my lap top and then upload them but still the same problem.
It sounds like the limit to what you can upload to CF is what you are bumping into. If you did what you said, you eliminated the iPhone as being the problem.

If you have a way to edit the PICTURE, just scale it down, and be sure it is a .JPG file, which will be a smaller file for the same size picture as many other formats.

Send me a PM if you need more help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yes and yes

Who am I to think I know what God has done and what He means by what He says?

It is clear to me, that the flood is reported in a historical way, in the Bible; so it is not a parable. It is reported as history.

And God is able to do things like that.

Also, I see practical things. Before the flood, it had not rained, and it appears there was a worldwide rainforest, with much water up in the atmosphere. All this water came down as rain, during the flood rain. Plus, it says water came up out of the earth.

And if it is true that there is so much water under the earth, it could have gotten there, from the flood, I consider. "There could have been a practical thing > the earth was cooling, pressing out earth water into the flood." But also with the rain there was cooling, and possibly water from the rain then soaked into the earth. But God knows, and the Bible says the flood was an historical event, it looks like to me :)

I am "certain" that "evolving DNA" could not have produced us humans with the ability to think things like this up :) In order for humans to evolve to imagine and believe a fairy-tale God and flood, I understand that we would need a very complicated combination of mutations all arriving at the same time and working together, in order to produce such a specific mental behavior.

But a lot of animals and humans died in that flood. How come there are not even millions of bones all over the place, still, from that? I consider that creatures ate all the bones; they have had time to do that. But - - - if a worldwide tidally shifting flood washed mud and rocks over a number of those bones, then later creatures could not get to them to eat them. So, this can be "why" ones have found bones even in great quantities.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
yes and yes

Who am I to think I know what God has done and what He means by what He says?

It is clear to me, that the flood is reported in a historical way, in the Bible; so it is not a parable. It is reported as history.

And God is able to do things like that.

Also, I see practical things. Before the flood, it had not rained, and it appears there was a worldwide rainforest, with much water up in the atmosphere. All this water came down as rain, during the flood rain. Plus, it says water came up out of the earth.

And if it is true that there is so much water under the earth, it could have gotten there, from the flood, I consider. "There could have been a practical thing > the earth was cooling, pressing out earth water into the flood." But also with the rain there was cooling, and possibly water from the rain then soaked into the earth. But God knows, and the Bible says the flood was an historical event, it looks like to me :)

I am "certain" that "evolving DNA" could not have produced us humans with the ability to think things like this up :) In order for humans to evolve to imagine and believe a fairy-tale God and flood, I understand that we would need a very complicated combination of mutations all arriving at the same time and working together, in order to produce such a specific mental behavior.

But a lot of animals and humans died in that flood. How come there are not even millions of bones all over the place, still, from that? I consider that creatures ate all the bones; they have had time to do that. But - - - if a worldwide tidally shifting flood washed mud and rocks over a number of those bones, then later creatures could not get to them to eat them. So, this can be "why" ones have found bones even in great quantities.

Could it be that we haven't yet found the fossils, as we discovered here in Brisbane in July 2013.

This article in The Brisbane Courier-Mail, July 16, 2013, 'Construction work in Brisbane suburb Geebung unearths fossils of 50-million year-old crocodiles, fish and plants', begins:
THE bones of ancient crocodiles have been found in the Brisbane northside suburb of Geebung during construction work on a new level crossing flyover. The 50-million year-old fossils were found in a layer of oil shale brought up to the surface from about 15m underground.
Brisbane Lord Mayor Graham Quirk said the bones had been identified as from "ancient crocodiles as well as other significant material including fish, freshwater shells and plant impressions".
"The fossils were found amongst spoil which a piling rig had brought up to the surface," Cr Quirk said.
"They were within a layer of shale oil estimated to be from approximately 50 million years ago."

I don't accept the 50 million year old dating, but it is significant that right here in a large city fossils of 'crocodiles', fish and plants have been found as recent as 2013.

The BiblicalGeology Blog has a couple articles about this find,

The Queensland Museum is investigating this fossil find, 'Queensland Museum scientists hunt for missing link fossils in Geebung oil shale' (Brisbane Times, February 14, 2014).

Oz

Upvote 0