1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about the RCC teaching of Outside the Church...

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by OpenDoor, Oct 29, 2012.

1. steve_bakr

steve_bakr Catholic Christian

Faith:
    Catholic
    I originally said, "non-elitist," but I think another word could be "ecumenical." I hope and pray that Catholic triumphalism ended for good at Vatican II. But there exist certain elements that would bring it back.

Thanks for your concern, btw. Deacon Jim is at home now, and his wife, Jackie, is his main caregiver/nurse.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. Albion

Albion Senior Contributor

Faith:
    Anglican
    Does this mean that his prognosis is better than you first feared?

3. steve_bakr

Faith:
    Catholic
    No, his condition is slowly deteriorating, but I guess they both feel he should be at home. He went to the hospital because of an aneurysm. His main problem is a blood disorder. He talks about returning to Church and resuming his duties, but...I can only pray that would happen.

4. Albion

Albion Senior Contributor

Faith:
    Anglican
    Yeh, I was afraid that that was the answer. I'll pray for this good man and his family.

5. steve_bakr

Faith:
    Catholic
    Thank you so much.

6. MoreCoffee

MoreCoffee O God,come to my aid.O Lord,make haste to help me. Supporter CF Ambassador

Faith:
    Catholic

He is in my prayer too.

7. steve_bakr

Faith:
    Catholic
    Thank you. I appreciate it.

8. tz620q

tz620q Regular Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    :crossrc:

Steve,
    I had a time when I was getting more fervent in the Church when the two men that had done the most for me seemed to be leaving the parish. My deacon had a serious health issue with his heart and had to take a medical leave for several months. We weren't sure if he would recover and rejoin us. My monsignor was on the verge of retirement. One morning I had a waking vision of the sanctuary of our church. It was shrouded in darkness, that was only dispelled by two candles by the altar. These candles were nearly burnt out and I dreaded the darkness that was to come.
    I told this vision and my interpretation of it meaning the leaving of our two primary ordained people to our Adult Religious Education director, a holy woman and one whose opinion I value. She asked me one question. "Did you see the red tabernacle candle light?" I replied that I had not seen it and she said that my focus should be on that light as it marked the presence of Christ in the Sanctuary. This really changed my view of how we as men, especially those who serve Christ so intimately, are but one of a continuum. So I now focus on the eternal.

May God's Light always shine within your life,
    Byron

9. asiyreh

asiyreh God is salvation

Faith:
    Catholic
    It's a vision from revelation and usually means the old and new testament hang on I'll try to get you the scripture.

10. steve_bakr

Faith:
    Catholic
    I will try to do that as well--focus on the eternal; in fact, I must do it.

11. asiyreh

asiyreh God is salvation

Faith:
    Catholic
  12. steve_bakr

Faith:
    Catholic
    I don't know what to make of your link. I am always cautious when people try to apply prophesy in this manner, as it can lead to all kinds of diversion.