truthislight

Jan 6, 2013
USA MD
✟7,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
when i grew up i was "brought up" in Judaism and had a mikveh in rain water at a pretty young age. but at this point in time i didnt belive in god at all and definitely didnt belive in jesus. so my question is now that ive been a christian for a few years do i need to have a water baptism still? Thank you for any advice on this! It is much apreciated

Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I'd guess that most people here will say it's your decision. I believe that the mikveh is very similar to the Christian baptism -- but many Christians do not consider infant baptism "real" if the person did not make the decision themselves.

It doesn't hurt to do it twice -- and baptisms are so nice, such warm and friendly celebrations that you might as well take advantage of it! For your own peace of mind, you might want to do it as a statement of renewal, repentance, change of life and decision, new commitment.

Celebrate!

Upvote 0

truthislight

Jan 6, 2013
USA MD
✟7,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd guess that most people here will say it's your decision. I believe that the mikveh is very similar to the Christian baptism -- but many Christians do not consider infant baptism "real" if the person did not make the decision themselves.

It doesn't hurt to do it twice -- and baptisms are so nice, such warm and friendly celebrations that you might as well take advantage of it! For your own peace of mind, you might want to do it as a statement of renewal, repentance, change of life and decision, new commitment.

Celebrate!

Thanks for that!

Upvote 0