Jul 18, 2011
✟9,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
now I was wondering

about 1 corinthians 11

21 for when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. 22 Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God by humiliating those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you? Certainly not in this matter!

apparently Paul rebukes the people in Corinth! they consumed the blood and flesh or our Lord Jesus Christ in not the best manner

one remains hungry and another gets drunk

dont you have homes to eat and drink in?

hungry/drunk - eat/drink

is the word eat (at home) in regard to the word hungry?

is the word drink (at home) in regard to the word drunk?

JohnMarsten

Jul 18, 2011
✟9,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
moreover

21 for when you are eating, some of you go ahead with your own private suppers. As a result, one person remains hungry and another gets drunk. 22 Don’t you have homes to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God by humiliating those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you? Certainly not in this matter!

.....despise the church by humiliating those who have nothing....

what does that mean?

again one remains hungry and another gets drunk

could this be an allusion?

like one remained hungry, because others ate their own suppers and didnt share...so that he didnt get anything to eat because he had nothing (was poor) and therefore remained hungry?

or

like on got drunk, because he brought his own wine and didnt share... and if had had shared with those who were poor (and had nothing), nobody would have got drunk... because they would have shared equally... at least he would have drunk less if he had shared and so chances are he wouldnt have got really drunk...

Upvote 0

JohnMarsten

Jul 18, 2011
✟9,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure what you're asking. From the text, it seems like Paul is condemning the Corinthians for partying it up instead of partaking in the Lord's supper in a holy manner. That's how I've always understood the verse.

partying up? is that why someone remained hungry? humiliating the poor?

Upvote 0