• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear child - you do NOT have to live in depression because of past mistakes! Isn't that one of the primary messages that Christianity preaches? How can you honor the memory of your grandmother better - by forcing yourself to grieve over and over until you are near suicide, or by allowing her (and your Messiah) to forgive you?

You will not feel "all better" after Monday, but I truly BELIEVE that if you are honest and allow the counselor to bring up hurtful issues (rather than staying on the surface) you will see HOPE after your first appiontment. You will be able to see how you COULD be cured!

Upvote 0

smash_kate

Jan 10, 2004
New Jersey
✟15,313.00
Faith
Catholic
And so through this guilt you can say...yeah Christ is teaching me something...from now on I'm gonna treat everyone nice and talk to them...

Did you ever stop to think that God wants you to learn this? sometimes we have to learn the hard way.

And don't worry too much because many people are facing what you're facing. i used to have the same problem

I recommend The Promise Bible which has a green cover. It has helped me too

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Oh man, regret about anything sucks.

I really feel for you. With regret the only thing thats ever worked for me is to cry it out, really cry your disappointment about that time. Its not easy to carry that around with you. Take it to Jesus and just cry. You might have to do this several times but it will get easier to bear and counsellors can really help with that or by yourself too.

Jesus says "come to me all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest". he says "cast your cares on me for I care for you", He wants to help with the pain.
Laying this experience at Jesus feet will take the sting out of it.

thinking of you with this

Upvote 0