Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
It would take me two pages to fully discuss the flaws of your quote. This type of approach to the occult is paranoid, naive, uneducated, and dangerous. Basically, this is the sort of mindset that Satan also loves because it gets the torches lit and pitch forks out and people harmed, whether they are killed in witch hunts, or just bullied in modern times. Don't imagine that Satan doesn't play both sides whenever he possibly can. His best tactic is to corrupt the Christian message, to mix lies with the truth.

Just an FYI, a brief overview of that website in general shows it to be a bunch of oversimplified Christian views. I consider this sort of stuff trash. There are SO MANY other great Christian websites out there. I hope you will find them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It would take me two pages to fully discuss the flaws of your quote. This type of approach to the occult is paranoid, naive, uneducated, and dangerous. Basically, this is the sort of mindset that Satan also loves because it gets the torches lit and pitch forks out and people harmed, whether they are killed in witch hunts, or just bullied in modern times. Don't imagine that Satan doesn't play both sides whenever he possibly can. His best tactic is to corrupt the Christian message, to mix lies with the truth.

What is the issue with article?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not exactly. Witchcraft is simply one form of the occult. The occult refers to the dark arts: Magic and spells, spiritism and necromancy, divination, demonism and channeling of spirits.

Witchcraft is not occultic because witches make a pact with the devil -- that kind of witchcraft isn't almost nonexistent. Witchcraft is actually an earth religion, or goddess/fertility worship. It is occultic because it uses spells/magic. So do other forms of paganism such as animism, voodoo, etc.

Using symbols to pray is not the same as magic. Praying to the dead without listening to them in return for esoteric knowledge is not the same thing as necromancy.

so harry potter isnt witchcraft?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
What is the issue with article?
It is the kind of dangerous that comes from being ignorant.

Not only does it not know much about the REAL Occult (which exists and is genuinely dangerous) but it trivializes the occult by being afraid of the wind rustling the bushes. It doesn't say these things in the article, but I'd bet money that the author thinks that Harry Potter, wearing a witch with a broom costume on halloween, and playing dungeons and dragons, are all occultic. That's what I mean by trivializing the word occult. It's not occult if it's pretend!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
What do you mean?
I don't know how to say it more clearly without being kind of condescending, so I'm saying more only because you've asked. The Harry Potter books are Fiction. Pretend. Made up. It's a fantasy world of make believe. Hogwarts doesn't really exist--but you know that, I'm sure. People aren't really born with innate magical powers that are inherited--but you know that I'm sure. The story is meant to entertain, not to teach anything. I'm sure there was a time when you were around six our seven when your mom explained to you the difference between real and make believe.

Upvote 0