Nov 9, 2010
✟7,674.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i was 21 and my hubby was 34 when we met- we were both single parents. Alot of family members had doubts about our relationship due to the age difference, but we thought a lot about it-especially the fact that statistically speaking, i will probably face a long widowhood. but we decided that any amount of time together is worth it.He is now 60, and yes that freaks me out sometimes, but i don't regret marrying him.

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

Well I certainly don't fault anyone for falling in love and marrying, regarless of their ages. However, a man specifically wanting somene younger because he's unable to be attracted to a woman his own age is another story. Frankly, it sounds like a personal problem.

As to having children, I question the wisdom of old men having children because they will not likely have the energy they need for raising the energetic children, and their chances of dying and leaving their children fatherless, also goes up. Add to that, the average life expectancy of a man is much shorter than that of a woman's, and you have an even bigger time of widowhood and or fatherless gap for those remaining alive. So it really isn't very logical to assume that it's better for the age difference to be for the man being the older one, if the age difference is a large one.

As to how society views it, that only shows that there is a sense of entitlement, that society deems appropriate for men, over women. There really isn't any sustainable logic to it, especially considering that women can also make a name and have a substantial bank account for themselves, given the time to do it. So a man would gain from an older woman's financial success, just as much as a woman would, from a man.

Upvote 0