Dec 30, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,870.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A band of six Democrats in the California state Senate voted today to advance a bill that has been described as "the worst school sexual indoctrination ever" and would require that school children be taught to admire "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual" role models...

Democrats advance 'lesbians-as-role models' plan

D

dies-l

Like most things that appear in World Net Daily, the article is patently inaccurate. I read the text of the law, and no where does it "require that school children be taught to admire "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual" role models."

It does require that public schools "accurately portray the . . . role and contributions of Native Americans, African Americans, Mexican Americans, Asian Americans, Pacific
Islanders, European Americans, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans, and members of other ethnic and cultural groups to the total development of California and the United States."

It also states that public school teachers "shall not sponsor any activity that
reflects adversely upon persons on the basis of race or ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, nationality, sexual orientation, or
because of a characteristic listed in Section 220."

So, basically it requires that public school social science curriculum not exclude the contributions of GBLT Americans, simply because of their sexual orientation and that public school teachers abstain from teaching that certain people are bad based solely on race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.

I would hope that public schools are abiding by these principles anyway. It is not the job of public schools to teach kids one way or the other about the morality of homosexuality. That is the role of the family and the church. I see nothing in this law that interferes with that.

Upvote 0

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God will bring everyone to surrender some how and in some way. We may not know how or when but it will happen to everyone. The more people rebel against Him the more broken they will be in the end. But that breaking in this life leads to salvation if that breaking happens in the next life then death comes with that ultimate submission. I pray that people are broken and surrender now, never the less may Gods will be done not ours.

Sealacamp

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

new_wine

Citizen
Dec 30, 2010
✟16,339.00
Faith
Christian
The 'god' in the US government is NOT The God of Abraham.

The history of the US and how it has treated people and made decisions that were contrary to The Two Great Commands shows that its 'god' is mammon.

America will soon have to change "In God We Trust" to "In Sin We Lust" on the dollar bill, with the way it's seem to be heading.

Upvote 0