Not open for further replies.

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My boyfriend Ben and I were discussing the implications of the latest amendments and elections last night during breaks in my World of Warcraft raids. We came to the conclusion that there is indeed a silver lining to the Prop 8 business.

Look Gheys, it is disappointing that Prop 8 passed. I think we can all agree on that. However I think we're forgetting the bigger picture. We've had 27 setbacks so far BUT two states have made progress.

Two you say? Why yes, Same-sex marriage will begin on November 12th in Connecticut. While the Fundamentalist "Christians" were focusing on California (and with their sleazy satanesque tactics, winning a slim majority there), they completely forgot about another possible anti-gay amendment in another state.

Connecticut is a curious state when it comes to peoples' amendments. According to their constitution the question of adding or taking away an amendment only comes up once every 20 years. Now when it was reported (sparsely on national networks) that there would indeed be same-sex marriage legalized in Connecticut I happened to look up if this was the year the option to amend would come up. Unfortunately it was.

I remembered thinking "aww great another landslide victory for hatemongers". After hearing the results from California however I was pleasantly STUNNED to learn Connecticut voters had rejected adding discrimination to their constitution. Now it appears same-sex marriage is all but secure there. Fortunately Connecticut like Massachusetts, has a ponderous amendment process. Time favors Teh Ghey rights movement in that respect. Once same-sex marriage goes through the more time there is between the first marriages and the next amendment cycle the less likely it is the lying "Christians" can dupe (through lies) a majority to pass it.

2nd silver lining: The hard part is over.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm pleased to report that Colorado has sent Marilyn Musgrave packing. Musgrave is the original sponsor of the hateful Federal Marriage Amendment and she introduces the bill every session. In the latest election Northern Colorado voters have politely told her to "drop dead" and elected a Democrat to her seat.

Moreover: Democrats now control the House, Senate, Executive, and soon (God willing) the Courts. The chances that a divisive anti-gay amendment bill even reaches the floor? Between Slim and none and Slim just left town. We've fought the pro-hates to a stalemate with this election. I suggest we use the next four years to overturn as many state laws and amendments prohibiting same-sex marriage as possible before the next election cycle.

Reactions: cantata

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My boyfriend Ben and I were discussing the implications of the latest amendments and elections last night during breaks in my World of Warcraft raids. We came to the conclusion that there is indeed a silver lining to the Prop 8 business.

Look Gheys, it is disappointing that Prop 8 passed. I think we can all agree on that. However I think we're forgetting the bigger picture. We've had 27 setbacks so far BUT two states have made progress.

Two you say? Why yes, Same-sex marriage will begin on November 12th in Connecticut. While the Fundamentalist "Christians" were focusing on California (and with their sleazy satanesque tactics, winning a slim majority there), they completely forgot about another possible anti-gay amendment in another state.

Connecticut is a curious state when it comes to peoples' amendments. According to their constitution the question of adding or taking away an amendment only comes up once every 20 years. Now when it was reported (sparsely on national networks) that there would indeed be same-sex marriage legalized in Connecticut I happened to look up if this was the year the option to amend would come up. Unfortunately it was.

I remembered thinking "aww great another landslide victory for hatemongers". After hearing the results from California however I was pleasantly STUNNED to learn Connecticut voters had rejected adding discrimination to their constitution. Now it appears same-sex marriage is all but secure there. Fortunately Connecticut like Massachusetts, has a ponderous amendment process. Time favors Teh Ghey rights movement in that respect. Once same-sex marriage goes through the more time there is between the first marriages and the next amendment cycle the less likely it is the lying "Christians" can dupe (through lies) a majority to pass it.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm pleased to report that Colorado has sent Marilyn Musgrave packing. Musgrave is the original sponsor of the hateful Federal Marriage Amendment and she introduces the bill every session. In the latest election Northern Colorado voters have politely told her to "drop dead" and elected a Democrat to her seat.

Moreover: Democrats now control the House, Senate, Executive, and soon (God willing) the Courts. The chances that a divisive anti-gay amendment bill even reaches the floor? Between Slim and none and Slim just left town. We've fought the pro-hates to a stalemate with this election. I suggest we use the next four years to overturn as many state laws and amendments prohibiting same-sex marriage as possible before the next election cycle.

Rebuilding Sodom and Gomorrah one legislative brick at a time?

Ahhh, progressive ideology.

Upvote 0

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What may seem "great" for homosexual love life, will never have a positive impact on child rearing.

That's fine. Rear your own kids. Mind your own business and everything will be alright.

Reactions: WatersMoon110
Upvote 0

FlamingFemme

The Flaming One
May 2, 2008
USA
✟12,903.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
What may seem "great" for homosexual love life, will never have a positive impact on child rearing.

Funny, but it seems that it has had nothing BUT a positive impact on my child, and my child-rearing.
My daughter (who has two moms) is one of the most happy, well-adjusted, non-dysfunctional children I know. And that includes all of her little school friends with heterosexual parents.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Rebuilding Sodom and Gomorrah one legislative brick at a time?

Ahhh, progressive ideology.

And soon all the righteous men will be begging for their daughters to be raped (that is what Lot, the only righteous man did, right?).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When gay marriage finally gets through everywhere (which it will!), I wonder if there will still be as many threads on the issue, or will it eventually become a social no-no to argue against, much like the way it is a social no-no to say interracial marriages shouldn't happen?

There is only one race.

There are two distinct genders.

You know, science and all.

Upvote 0

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is only one race.

There are two distinct genders.

You know, science and all.

People do tend to use race and ethnicity interchangeably these days. Gotta love gray areas..

When the aliens come, I'll marry their queen, and nobody will object if the alien is female.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's fine. Rear your own kids. Mind your own business and everything will be alright.

Don't make a public display/scandal of marriage and I will have a much easier time raising my own kids. The nation will not be alright if people are endorced to do whatever they wish publically.

Upvote 0

Polycarp_fan

Jun 10, 2008
✟6,323.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't make a public display/scandal of marriage and I will have a much easier time raising my own kids. The nation will not be alright if people are endorced to do whatever they wish publically.

L-N,

This is exciting times. I emailed all my contacts to read this thread and the other by this trevor guy.

The mask is off of the enemies of the Church and it is a time where unity will come back to the Church universal. Notice how the Black Christians voted in California? We're everywhere.

Notice what I have maintained since arriving here is shown as truth in the threads after the Obama win.

I talk about this often, if all of the bad news in the Bible is true, then all of the Good News is true too.

Man, this is exciting to see happening so fast.

Maranatha

:groupray:-----Oh yeah Lord, and LittleNipper too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
These are exciting times. Lord knows your posts have shown up on Fundies say the Darndest Things often enough. I'm honored to be reported to your moonbat allies. The more why work circulates the more popular I become. Perhaps I'll run for office.
L-N,

This is exciting times. I emailed all my contacts to read this thread and the other by this trevor guy.

The mask is off of the enemies of the Church and it is a time where unity will come back to the Church universal. Notice how the Black Christians voted in California? We're everywhere.

Notice what I have maintained since arriving here is shown as truth in the threads after the Obama win.

I talk about this often, if all of the bad news in the Bible is true, then all of the Good News is true too.

Man, this is exciting to see happening so fast.

Maranatha

:groupray:-----Oh yeah Lord, and LittleNipper too.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Wait. Let me get this straight. You have a boyfriend, in a relationship with you, that also plays wow? Where did you find him? /jealous

Mine hates wow. :(

Upvote 0

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
These are exciting times. Lord knows your posts have shown up on Fundies say the Darndest Things often enough. I'm honored to be reported to your moonbat allies. The more why work circulates the more popular I become. Perhaps I'll run for office.

No offense Trevor, but as a moderate I consider you too much of a one-issue candidate to vote for you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.