prideful christians

L

LiveInMercyAndTruth

i thought within my op, or within the first couple posts, i did state that i did not know for sure if people were being prideful, that it appeared to me that they were, with some of the many nasty things i have read and seen here.....there is a difference in stating how things appear to me, and how they actually are....that is why we started talking about what was in ones heart, that actually decided whether or not they were being prideful or not, i cannot see into peoples hearts to decide that....

i was merely pointing out the way things seemed on this outside....when you see people going back and forth, putting each other down, telling them their not christians, that they are going to hell, because they dont think like you (not you personally), but ive seen this happen many times, and its been said to me.....then im really not seeing humility, are you seeing that, when someone tells you that your not a christian and going to hell.....just because you may not agree with them 100% on everything?

Here you have gone back to trying to razzel dazzel me.

Upvote 0

Sadalmelik

Dec 25, 2011
raleigh nc
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if your asking me that if someone tells someone they are not a christian, or that they are a devils angel, or that they are going to hell, or one of the many other hundreds of nasty things ive read here, and all because the person doesnt agree with their interpretation of a particular scripture of bible verse.....to me thats ridiculous....yes i may have said some not so nice things to others...but in all my 700 plus posts, have not once said these vile things to anyone.....however.....there have been times when i have personally gloated when i have 'proven' someone wrong concerning something about the bible....or said something to show how 'stupid' their arguement is....etc....and that is being prideful, and ihave done it....ive already admitted to that...so im not sure where you are going with this?

Upvote 0

Sadalmelik

Dec 25, 2011
raleigh nc
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
youve lost me liveinmercyandtruth, ive said how i feel about it, im sorry if ive lost you or confused you with anything....i think i have explained my position exhaustively at this point.

and im not trying to razzle dazzle anyone, im trying to have fellowship thru conversation, which im happy to have with anyone, whether we agree on things or not...however, i cannot follow you all the time, because you seem to jump around to different things, just when i think we are talking about 1 thing, you jump to something else....llike razzle dazzle, and have no idea what your talking about.

Upvote 0
L

LiveInMercyAndTruth

youve lost me liveinmercyandtruth, ive said how i feel about it, im sorry if ive lost you or confused you with anything....i think i have explained my position exhaustively at this point.

and im not trying to razzle dazzle anyone, im trying to have fellowship thru conversation, which im happy to have with anyone, whether we agree on things or not...however, i cannot follow you all the time, because you seem to jump around to different things, just when i think we are talking about 1 thing, you jump to something else....llike razzle dazzle, and have no idea what your talking about.

So what is it you want the Lord to do for you? Tell me 1 thing. You can pm me if you like.

Upvote 0

John 07

May 24, 2010
inner
✟15,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
cool verses...not directed at anyone in particular

Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly,
than to divide the spoil with the proud. (Pro 16:19)

When pride cometh, then cometh shame:
but with the lowly is wisdom. (Pro 11:2)

Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly:
but the proud he knoweth afar off. (Psa 138:6)

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me;
for I am meek and lowly in heart:
and ye shall find rest unto your souls. (Mat 11:29)

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord,
and he shall lift you up. (Jam 4:10)
seems to be like 2 opposites: being lowly or being a person of pride

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
well this is awesome, got some spice going on here. God is amazing I swear, i wonder what will happen here.

now I would like to ask what does the invisible pride mean? invisible is a word so it does not know the secrets of God. the secrets of God are words so they do not know the secrets of God. my conception of God as i just conceived is limited but still known so therefore it is not the unknown God. i'm limited and talk about God in this space time, it is therefore worthlessness and can never tell people who God is.

God is the one who has to speak who He is, to whatever degree that we are capable of so to speak. now God has to humble himself to do this and so it follows that we also must be humble. now I have no idea what it means when God humbles himself counting on the fact that he is God and can not be reduced, it must be that he has to breath so we can breath. but I don't know anything, and trying to not know even more. because I hate things and yet I am still a thing. woe is me, where is God?

I'm trying to measure out God and point out who he is, so i can't! what does humble mean? ah! wish it were I was humble, then God would show me who he is in as much as I can handle. but I just wanted to talk about God, i don't think its wrong to want to be happy with people with God.

so it must be something like, I need invisible pride, so that i may spew out God. first we need to be humble though, empty. then we can swell in pride of some sort, and be something of a better nature than what we are. and invisible is just another limitation on God.

God is the giant serpent that swallows up all things. how can we escape God? we can not. there is no hope for us at all, give in to invisible hopelessness.

but i'm just a kid, i dunno what high things are.

Upvote 0
L

LiveInMercyAndTruth

cool verses...not directed at anyone in particular
Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly,
than to divide the spoil with the proud. (Pro 16:19)

When pride cometh, then cometh shame:
but with the lowly is wisdom. (Pro 11:2)

Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly:
but the proud he knoweth afar off. (Psa 138:6)

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me;
for I am meek and lowly in heart:
and ye shall find rest unto your souls. (Mat 11:29)

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord,
and he shall lift you up. (Jam 4:10)
seems to be like 2 opposites: being lowly or being a person of pride

An eagle such as I,
Who roams in God's blue sky.

To the end of Heaven's majestic bow,
I am the gleam,
of God's eye.

I dwell upon the mountain tops,
Where time stand still,
but never stops.

And even though,
I go to and fro.

I never fly to,
the valleys below.

If you want to find me,
You must come to the Light,

for that is where my God,
set me free.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"pride" is a big one, but I find that most come to a point in their life when they are stripped of all pride, but yet afterward are allowed to have (some) "pride" again.

No one here is completely stripped of all pride, it is my belief that you cannot go on or live or function without some small measure of pride. We can be proud of other people and tell them that we are and lift them up, there is nothing wrong with that.

I'm not gonna lie, the devil has the power to come by and strip you of all your pride, so be aware of that with anything, no matter how small, that your "proud" of. Too proud can give him a foothold in your life.

So, in my opinion we must keep a close check on pride. But, Can we live, and go on, and function without some small measure of pride? Was Jesus proud, some would say that he was, but I don't think so. I think at times he was proud of his followers maybe...

But, What do you think? Can we live, and go on, and function without some small measure of pride?

Upvote 0

Sadalmelik

Dec 25, 2011
raleigh nc
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there are many 'forms of pride', and no i dont think all are bad, God, was not saying we should never be proud of anything....i think it is acceptible to be proud of some things, if it is not hurting yourself or someone else...but there are so many circumstances and variables that its too many to count...
i go back to the premise of, that it is in your heart what matters, and why your feeling pride, about what, whom, for what reason, etc...if there is no selfishness associated with those feelings, and your pure in your heart (intentions), i dont think God looks down on that....its part of who we are, and how God made us...anyway, what do i know.:D

Upvote 0
L

LiveInMercyAndTruth

The beauty of the Lord,
my eyes forever see.
The beauty of the Lord,
shall always be with me.
The Spirit of the Lord,
is the treasure of my heart.
The Spirit of the Lord,
from me shall never depart.
The love that God gives to me.
Is far more than He gives to thee.
No wonder I love Him like I do.
If you were me
YOU WOULD TOO.

A poem that God gave to me just a few minutes ago.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
what does that poem mean? who is me and who is thee? and what do you mean when it sounds like God is giving love with measure? what does that mean?

here is what a saint says:

In the knowledge of God thou shalt find the fire of divine charity. Where
shalt thou rejoice? Upon the Cross, with the Spotless Lamb, seeking His
honour and the salvation of souls, through continual, humble prayer. Now
herein is all our perfection. There are many other things also, but this
is the chief, from which we receive so much light that we cannot err in
the lesser works that follow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sadalmelik

Dec 25, 2011
raleigh nc
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It means at that God is very pleased with his work and he has rewarded himself and I get to live forever in the fruits of his labor.

you didnt answer the question about who is me and thee? and might you elaborate on that line a bit more?

to me the rest of the poem seems fine and nice, but honestly speaking, i think the line of me and thee could have been left out....sounds kinda....well....boastfull, presumptuous, conceited, and prideful?
not saying it is these things....just sounds that way to me.

Upvote 0
L

LiveInMercyAndTruth

you didnt answer the question about who is me and thee? and might you elaborate on that line a bit more?

to me the rest of the poem seems fine and nice, but honestly speaking, i think the line of me and thee could have been left out....sounds kinda....well....boastfull, presumptuous, conceited, and prideful?
not saying it is these things....just sounds that way to me.

I don't have to answer if I do not want to. I do not care what it sounds to you like.

Isn't that the whole point of the Lord having me to post right here with you humble saints.

It looks to me like he is thumbing it in your eye.

lol

He gives me beautiful poems all the time.

He gave me his name.

No one but YOU cares about what you think.

My advice to you is to CARE what THE LORD thinks.

He does not care who or who not you think is humble or proud.

Has he ever asked you for your opinion?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sadalmelik

Dec 25, 2011
raleigh nc
✟1,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have to answer if I do not want to. I do not care what it sounds to you like.

Isn't that the whole point of the Lord having me to post right here with you humble saints.

It looks to me like he is thumbing it in your eye.

lol

He gives me beautiful poems all the time.

He gave me his name.

No one but YOU cares about what you think.

My advice to you is to CARE what THE LORD thinks.

He does not care who or who not you think is humble or proud.

Has he ever asked you for your opinion?

my patience is wearing thin with you liveinmercyandtruth, your posts generally speaking are condascending and usually negative towards everyone....if you continue your attacks, i will be forced to put you on ignore, which i would rather not do, but like i said, i dont have the patience of a saint.

Upvote 0
L

LiveInMercyAndTruth

my patience is wearing thin with you liveinmercyandtruth, your posts generally speaking are condascending and usually negative towards everyone....if you continue your attacks, i will be forced to put you on ignore, which i would rather not do, but like i said, i dont have the patience of a saint.

Now that is funny. You made me laugh. The Lord told me to ask you does this mean you are going to not read anything I post anymore?

Upvote 0