Pretty secular vs. ugly Christian partner - What would you choose?

What would you chooose?

• I'm a man and I would choose pretty secular

• I'm a man and I would choose ugly Christian

• I'm a man and I would choose neither of them

• I'm a woman and I would choose pretty secular

• I'm a woman and I would choose ugly Christian

• I'm a woman and I would choose neither of them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Markus6

Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
Houston
✟22,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I choose neither. I'd be "alone forever" :o...

...just like Jesus and Paul - oh the horror! Of course I wouldn't be alone. I'd still have good friends and deep meaningful relationships. I know from experience that I'm happier being alone than being with someone who isn't right for me.
what kind of guy "pretty" are we talking about here? Guys can still look goofy or nerdy or even sorta ugly and still be kinda cute. So i say the ugly Christian one and if i really didn't find him attractive, i'd try to help him improve.
How would you help him improve?

Upvote 0

huldah153

Mar 15, 2007
✟742.00
Faith
I voted for the ugly Christian.

...just like Jesus and Paul - oh the horror!

"... the companion of the [Savior is] Mary Magdalene. [But Christ loved] her more than [all] the disciples, and used to kiss her [often] on her [mouth]. The rest of [the disciples were offended] ... They said to him, "Why do you love her more than all of us?" The Savior answered and said to them, "Why do I not love you as (I love) her?"
---the Gospel of Thomas

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I care about looks. I am not good at looking good, but at least I try a bit now. And I would want the girl to try a bit to (and physical fitness matters a whole lot more than dress or makeup). I think it is a party of being healthy and having the same values as me.

Also though, being Christian is crucial to my values. I have wanted girls who were not, and I should thank God (and have at times...) that I didn't get them.

I would probably see if the girl was willing to get into a healthy shape. Girls are actually lucky compared to guys as I think they are pretty even when slightly obese (although I wouldn't want my wife to be obese) while I won't feel very good looking until I am below ~12% BF.

JM

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I voted for the ugly Christian.

"... the companion of the [Savior is] Mary Magdalene. [But Christ loved] her more than [all] the disciples, and used to kiss her [often] on her [mouth]. The rest of [the disciples were offended] ... They said to him, "Why do you love her more than all of us?" The Savior answered and said to them, "Why do I not love you as (I love) her?"
---the Gospel of Thomas

The Gospel of Thomas is quite obviously influenced by 'pagan' sources. Now, it might have truth to it (and that might be true). But I am a bit careful of it.

I do think it possible that Jesus was married. I just don't think that He had any children (how would His children be treated 30 years after His death? Obviously He didn't have any children).

However, we know that Mary was just a friend during much of His ministry. I know that I have mostly not chased after girls during the last 3 years of graduate school... I would think that He would be even more focused during His ministry and wouldn't have engaged in romance.

JM

Upvote 0

huldah153

Mar 15, 2007
✟742.00
Faith
The Gospel of Thomas is quite obviously influenced by 'pagan' sources. Now, it might have truth to it (and that might be true). But I am a bit careful of it.

The Gospel was neglected by the patriarchal authorities who wanted to suppress the functions associated with the right hemisphere of the brain.

Getting back on topic... IMHO, no single girl is more physically attractive than the other. They're all the same, except for the morbidly obese or severely disfigured.

The morality level is the real measure of beauty. :)

Upvote 0
M

MarkSB

The Gospel was neglected by the patriarchal authorities who wanted to suppress the functions associated with the right hemisphere of the brain.

Right, because the patriarchal authorities knew what the functions of the right side of the brain were. :p

Back to the OP, made me think a little bit. If someone is attractive to me it means their personality is attractive to me as well. If they have a good personality that I find I am compatible with, than I am more likely to look past physical appearances. But in your poll I assume you're talking strictly about looks and nothing else. That would amount to a pretty boring relationship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums