Premarital Sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

PirateChris

Jul 17, 2007
✟15,151.00
Faith
Christian
Ever since I was little I have just wanted a stable relationship, get married and have a family that has always been my dream. And because of my conditions and what was happening at the time I felt like this dream would never come to pass (had a severe chest deformity). So instead of praying about it and seeking guidance like I should have. I began feeling sorry for myself and got addicted to inappropriate contentography. But then something only God could have planned happened. I met someone who I know the Lord has designed for me and we have been going out for more than a year. But the only problem here is that we had premarital sex a few times... because at the time I thought if I wouldn't for some reason she might have left me. Which is bad reasoning, but now we recommitted ourself to what the Lord wants from us, and waiting until marriage.

I know that in my heart God will forgive us but I keep on doubting it for whatever reason. Luke 15 talks about the lost son who squanders his wealth on things such as prostitutes and how the heavens rejoice when the lost son is found again. But on the same note it talks about how the sexually immoral will not inherit the kingdom of God, but the same thing is mentioned about thieves and drunkards. But that could also tie in with all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. Or when Jesus talks about how many times, eventually saying a very large number. Just to show how patient and loving God is.

People on here tell me im forgiven, I sometimes feel that way. But its just something I wish I wouldnt have to live with the guilt of. And I hope that one day I can use this testimony to show someone how much of a loving God we are so fortunate to have.

Reactions: Braticus

Braticus

Mrs. Marbzz
Nov 30, 2006
Canada
✟13,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You most certainly are forgiven! You are the percious son of the most High God. He loves you and adores you and has washed every blemish from you. You are pure and clean in his sight. Never doubt what He has offered you, doubt is not of God. God offers peace, and mercy and His everyloving hand to guide you back to the straight and narrow.

Your decision was right and you heart is pure, you have not only decided to do this but are actively proving to God that you have changed. AMEN! :amen:

I want you to know that guilt is not form God either. Guilt is a tool of satan to trick you into believing that you are not forgiven and are not worthy of it. Brother, you are most worthy of God's forgiveness, he died on the cross to pay for that sin, and he did it willingly because He loves you so greatly!

I want to pray for you also...

Dear Heavenly Father,
Take this doubt from my fellow brother in Christ. Strengthen his understanding of your saving grace and bless him in his walk with you. I pray that he and his girlfriend would follow hard after you Lord. Give him confidence to stand strong for what he knows is right, and be a blessing to those around him. Amen.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ever since I was little I have just wanted a stable relationship, get married and have a family that has always been my dream. And because of my conditions and what was happening at the time I felt like this dream would never come to pass (had a severe chest deformity). So instead of praying about it and seeking guidance like I should have. I began feeling sorry for myself and got addicted to inappropriate contentography. But then something only God could have planned happened. I met someone who I know the Lord has designed for me and we have been going out for more than a year. But the only problem here is that we had premarital sex a few times... because at the time I thought if I wouldn't for some reason she might have left me. Which is bad reasoning, but now we recommitted ourself to what the Lord wants from us, and waiting until marriage.

I know that in my heart God will forgive us but I keep on doubting it for whatever reason. Luke 15 talks about the lost son who squanders his wealth on things such as prostitutes and how the heavens rejoice when the lost son is found again. But on the same note it talks about how the sexually immoral will not inherit the kingdom of God, but the same thing is mentioned about thieves and drunkards. But that could also tie in with all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. Or when Jesus talks about how many times, eventually saying a very large number. Just to show how patient and loving God is.

People on here tell me im forgiven, I sometimes feel that way. But its just something I wish I wouldnt have to live with the guilt of. And I hope that one day I can use this testimony to show someone how much of a loving God we are so fortunate to have.

Ok this isn't that weird buddy. . . I was an atheist til I was 19 and became a Christian at about 20. (Time in between I knew the existence of God but wasn't aware of his nature)

The problem was from about the time I was 19 til about 23, I could not forgive myself for being an atheist and denying God. I remember mocking the holy scriptures when I was 13 years old. And that memory would tear me up inside.

I would take this to God in prayer. . . But I would also recommend seeing a pastor and doing a private confession. This isn't required unless you are Catholic but I know Lutherans still practice private confession and absolution if the sinner requests it. I wish I would have done this earlier about my past atheism, it would have saved me some guilt and heartache. It will give you time to talk over your guilt with a pastor. And they will speaking by the authority of Christ forgive you all your sins in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

But listen bud let me tell you something that I say that you will probably notice too . . .

"I do not understand why in the world God has not already condemened me to the eternal hell I so richly deserve"

Also when you commit a major sin, you'll find that your relationship with God suffers and it takes time to build it back up. Take your time in prayer, I've prayed for hours before and it can be an incredile experience.

Upvote 0

MrsSeptemberPenguin

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
Minnesota
✟32,184.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You are most definitely forgiven. Remember that God loves you, and knew we would make mistakes. That is why He sent his Son to die for us. If we were perfect there would have been no need for a savior. It also shows that you are repentant because you are now refraining from sex until you are married. God forgives you, don't let Satan rob you of your faith in that. Keep trusting God to pull you through. *hugs* And welcome to CF

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟252,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Martin Luther called his disappointment with the confessional afectung, I think.

It lead him to seek God beyond and without the priest mediatorship, and he received Christ.

When I first repented, I was forgiven and it was alike a big load of filth was swept off my heart, I was exuberent. I recall it as a joy of salvation and saw Heaven as my destiny.

My conscience was clear. Is yours? Later I experienced Jesus blood, a different effect, driving fears away, giving rest and comfort, sins gone. Better behaviour. But I looked back and felt guilt. I was corrected. No need for guilt.

Confesson isn't always enough.

Jesus blood can move you to whole hearted repentance, or the Father's love, poured into you. Or living water, can refresh your heart.

You can ask for refiner's fire.

Once I surrendered in church, and a brother came to me and said, "You are free."

When I was aiming to be born again, I sat in church and a brother said, "Not by power, not by might, but by my Spirit says the Lord."

The laying on of hands can be a forward experience. Press into God.

Like in Psalm 51 you should have the joy of salvation, restored, hyssop applied the blood. Pray mercy based on your situations past. Die to sin, live to God, ask for a free spirit...

Also if you feel guilty after hearty repentance, ask for both of your to have restoration, and such as by Jesus blood, washing, justifying, healing, warming, nourishing, honouring you two. All loss times two at least.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Martin Luther called his disappointment with the confessional afectung, I think.

It lead him to seek God beyond and without the priest mediatorship, and he received Christ.

When I first repented, I was forgiven and it was alike a big load of filth was swept off my heart, I was exuberent. I recall it as a joy of salvation and saw Heaven as my destiny.

My conscience was clear. Is yours? Later I experienced Jesus blood, a different effect, driving fears away, giving rest and comfort, sins gone. Better behaviour. But I looked back and felt guilt. I was corrected. No need for guilt.

Confesson isn't always enough.

Jesus blood can move you to whole hearted repentance, or the Father's love, poured into you. Or living water, can refresh your heart.

You can ask for refiner's fire.

Once I surrendered in church, and a brother came to me and said, "You are free."

When I was aiming to be born again, I sat in church and a brother said, "Not by power, not by might, but by my Spirit says the Lord."

The laying on of hands can be a forward experience. Press into God.

Like in Psalm 51 you should have the joy of salvation, restored, hyssop applied the blood. Pray mercy based on your situations past. Die to sin, live to God, ask for a free spirit...

Also if you feel guilty after hearty repentance, ask for both of your to have restoration, and such as by Jesus blood, washing, justifying, healing, warming, nourishing, honouring you two. All loss times two at least.

Luther never required confession for salvation. And that is true however he said to a guy who had tried to get rid of private confession.

"Sir if you had known Satan as well as I do, you would not want to get rid of private confession."

Luther saw value in private confession as a counciling session. It does forgive the sinner but there are a lot of other ways to do so. Communal confession, prayerful repentance.

Though it forgives sins as per the pastor's ability to bind and loose given by his ordination. It is more valued as a counciling session about your sins.

Upvote 0

charligirl

Senior Veteran
Aug 26, 2003
London
✟17,471.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Condemnation is a great weapon that the enemy uses... he has no rights to get you on this but if he can get you doubting your forgiveness he can steal your joy and peace.

The fact is that Jesus pad the price for your sins, the bible says His blood sits on the mercy seat in heaven. That means that when God looks at you he sees you through the blood of Jesus, (sort of like heavenly rose coloured specs :)) he doesn't see the sins and the mess, he see's you as if you were Jesus, pure spotless and forgiven.

Now that is the truth, but it doesn;t mean your feelings always match up, that's why you have to read the word and remind your feelings, and the devil who is trying to get you to feel guilty, that Jesus has paid the price already - that is what salvation is all about.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don't even need to be forgiven. Premarital sex is not a sin. Fornication does not mean premarital sex.

I wish I could belive that. . . I could have more fun. ;)

Seriously though I'd love for that to be true but I can't in good concious agree.

Upvote 0

Weasel7711

I'm in love with a bunnymedic!
Jun 17, 2004
Virginia Beach
Visit site
✟13,220.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

When the bible speaks about the sexually immoral not inheriting the kingdom of God, I have always taken that to mean those who blatantly defy God and engage in sexual immorality, knowing that it is against the law of God on a continuous basis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Luther073082

Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah I agree with Weasel. If you do it once and say "Crap that was wrong, I knew it was wrong, I'm not going to do it anymore." then you are repenting and saying "God I screwed up, I put me before you, please forgive me."

But on the other hand saying "That was fun, forget God I'm gonna keep doing that." then you are not repenting and continuing bad behavior.

You have done the former rather then the latter so don't let the guilt so consume you.

Upvote 0

SiyoNqoba

Jul 14, 2007
New Zealand
✟15,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm struggling with very similar feelings after my own relationship turned sexual.

I was talking to my best friend about it (a very wise young man who spent years searching science for God before believing He was real), and he said that often we try to feel forgiven, but that doesn't work. Our feelings are decietful and sinful. The Bible says that the Spirit and our desires are enemies of each other - desire is a large part of our feelings. Feelings are whimsical, they can't always be trusted.

So feeling forgiven doesn't always work. You've just got to know you're forgiven. Trust what God says about forgiveness. Know what Jesus did so that you could be forgiven. If you've repented, you really and truly are forgiven, and it's as simple as that. Even if you dont feel it.

One thing I'm finding really helps is making myself spend time with God every day, and making myself think about Him, talk about Him, pray to Him, constantly. I commute into university everyday, and I always listen to worship songs, and let my heart be filled with joy. I'm finding that as I do this, I really am beginning to understand God's forgiveness, and growing so much closer to Him.

I'll be praying for you. If you ever want to talk, I completely understand how you feel :)

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wish I could belive that. . . I could have more fun. ;)

Seriously though I'd love for that to be true but I can't in good concious agree.
Everyone is obligated to follow their own conscience. My conscience tells me that premarital sex is simply not sinful. Your's tells you that it is. I personally believe that there is only one truth and that is that premarital sex is not sinful. However, we should still each follow our own conscience. However, our conscience must be well informed or else our conscience might tell us something wrong like terrorism is just fine or something and we all know that terrorism is evil.

Upvote 0

Fenak

Jan 8, 2006
São Paulo - Brasil
✟15,177.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Everyone is obligated to follow their own conscience. My conscience tells me that premarital sex is simply not sinful. Your's tells you that it is. I personally believe that there is only one truth and that is that premarital sex is not sinful. However, we should still each follow our own conscience. However, our conscience must be well informed or else our conscience might tell us something wrong like terrorism is just fine or something and we all know that terrorism is evil.
same here...!
i don't see as a sinful thing!
gonna try to get some more answers about that!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
same here...!
i don't see as a sinful thing!
gonna try to get some more answers about that!
I'm glad to see that another person on here agrees with me. :) The simple answer is that fornication does not mean premarital sex. It only means adultery or promiscuity.

Upvote 0

Fenak

Jan 8, 2006
São Paulo - Brasil
✟15,177.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad to see that another person on here agrees with me. :) The simple answer is that fornication does not mean premarital sex. It only means adultery or promiscuity.
actually, i have lot of doubts about sexual immorality, since immorality itself is something kinda abstract, isn't it?
i can't see EVERY CASE of premarital sex as immoral!

Upvote 0

cakes&buttercream

Senior Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
USA
✟32,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ditto!

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
actually, i have lot of doubts about sexual immorality, since immorality itself is something kinda abstract, isn't it?
i can't see EVERY CASE of premarital sex as immoral!
I can't either. I especially can't see any case of premarital sex between a loving and committed couple as being sinful. That is of course except for rape but if there is rape involved then that couple probably isn't as loving and committed as we would like to admit.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.