Pregnant student banned from graduation walks stage anyway

White Horse

Natural born world shaker
May 3, 2005
✟49,668.00
Faith
Christian
cactusblossom said:
It's a sticky situation, isn't it? On the one hand, as Christians, we are to forgive sinners as Christ does, but they are not denying her a diploma, just the right to participate in the public ceremony. Where do we draw the line between forgiveness and punishment? Are we to reward this behavior, or more to the point, is the Catholic Church required to reward it when it goes against its religious teachings?

Or she could have just had an abortion and no one would have known the difference!!! :sigh:

There's nothing sticky about it. Allowing her to walk is not rewarding whatever bad choices she made. And, FWIW, it's not a sin to be pregnant. Wed or unwed. Period. If it were, then our Lord was born out of sin.

Now, I'm not saying she wasn't sinning when she GOT pregnant, but how many of those other kids have done the same thing but just didn't get pregnant?

If she was banned because she was pregnant, Heaven help those who made that decision.

Upvote 0

Quijote

a.k.a Mr. Q
May 5, 2005
Wisconsin
✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
cactusblossom said:
It's a sticky situation, isn't it? On the one hand, as Christians, we are to forgive sinners as Christ does, but they are not denying her a diploma, just the right to participate in the public ceremony. Where do we draw the line between forgiveness and punishment? Are we to reward this behavior, or more to the point, is the Catholic Church required to reward it when it goes against its religious teachings?

Well, it sounds like the school officials tried to get around the "stickiness" by saying that due to "health reasons" she could not walk. Heck! my wife was up 48hrs during her residency the day before she gave birth..."health reasons" my foot....

cheers

Upvote 0