Predestination, the Chosen, the Elect -- What does the Bible say?

mandii_ck

Jan 8, 2010
michigan
✟7,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I came to God and received salvation on January 2, 2010.. I know that even before I was born, God knew I would come to Him but when I look back on my life, it gives me reason to believe that God did more than know I would come to Him, it gives me reason to believe that God LED me to Him. Even before I let Him in my life or even knew much about Him, I feel that He did things and set up a timeline of events that would eventually lead me to Him.. Is this Biblical and what does the Bible say about it? (I need to know cause I'm planning on making a blog about my experiences and relationship with God)

gideon army

Am the Righteousness to GOD IN Christ by Faith
Dec 3, 2009
This Side of Heaven
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I came to God and received salvation on January 2, 2010.. I know that even before I was born, God knew I would come to Him but when I look back on my life, it gives me reason to believe that God did more than know I would come to Him, it gives me reason to believe that God LED me to Him. Even before I let Him in my life or even knew much about Him, I feel that He did things and set up a timeline of events that would eventually lead me to Him.. Is this Biblical and what does the Bible say about it? (I need to know cause I'm planning on making a blog about my experiences and relationship with God)

Dearly Beloved of our Lord's Mandii_ck :),

Welcome to one great Body of Christ ;) Believe He'll be your Light, your Shield & Exceedingly Great Salary (Literally in ever sense of the Word)

Predestined?

Psa 22:9 But You [are] He who took Me out of the womb; You made Me trust [while] on My mother's breasts.

Psa 22:10 was cast upon You from birth. From My mother's womb You [have been] My God.

Isa 44:24 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: "I [am] the LORD, who makes all [things], Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;

Jer 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations."

Chosen/ Elect

Isa 42:1 "Behold! My Servant whom I uphold, My Elect One [in whom] My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.

It's GOD the Daddy Speaking of GOD in Christ & we are the Gentile so to speak but to those 'Gentiles' whom have embrace Christ as LORD & KiNG then we're HIS Elect :)

Matt 24:24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

If you read the whole context of the above, Christ was telling them how to know when & what are the events must take place before the end of the World would come- Believers are The Elect mentioned above by Christ

Col 3:12 Therefore, as [the] elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;

Apostle Paul was address the early Living Colossians Church as HOLY & GOD's Elect & also Beloved of our LORD which now you know why most of my posts opening address to fellow Christians are Beloved of our Lord's? ;) New Testament Prophets brings your Righteousness as a Gift from Christ to Remembrence

Shalom & Believe all your questions are addressed?

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Even before I let Him in my life or even knew much about Him, I feel that He did things and set up a timeline of events that would eventually lead me to Him.. Is this Biblical and what does the Bible say about it?
Oh, sure. None of us make a decision without any reason behind it. We build trust gradually. If we didn't have any feedback at all before becoming Christians, any hope that God would work in our lives, then we would have no reason to say yes to God.

Good verses above.

Job 12:22
He reveals mysteries from the darkness And brings the deep darkness into light.
This is a general way that God works -- He will enter dark places and bring light, enter voids and fill them with His presence.

Daniel 2:1-28
Now in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuchadnezzar had dreams; and his spirit was troubled and his sleep left him...

There is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will takeplace in the latter days. This was your dream and the visions in your mind while on your bed.

Nebuchadnezzar was not a believer. In fact, he was the king who built the ninety-foot gold statue and
asked Daniel to bow down to it.

Eventually, Nebuchadnezzar stated:

2 "It has seemed good to me to declare the signs and wonders which the Most High God has done for me.

"How great are His signs
And how mighty are His wonders!
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom
And His dominion is from generation to generation.
Nebuchadnezzar's name was used 88 times in the Bible! Mostly for his oppressive reign... eventually for seeing God work in his life.

Upvote 0

Bain_Adaneth

Nov 14, 2003
cali~~*the golden state*~~
✟8,442.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think each person chooses his own path. The bible says that no one seeks for God, but it is God who seeks for us. God calls people to Him...
God knows the beginning and the end. So He knows everything in our lives before it happens. Anything that we do in our lives, even our mistakes, God is able to turn it around and bring Glory to His own name. It's not that our sins results in His Glory...no...but it is because in any case, anyhow,....He will be glorified, and He is worthy to praised. That is why every knee shall bow down to Him.

I grew up in a Christian family and had called out to God for help ever since I was a child. Prayed to Him ever since I was a child, every night. Well, mostly every night. So sometimes as a child, I knew that I belonged to God already. This was when I was in elementary. I fell away from God as a teen and college student. And in college, I came into demon suppression. All the while God was calling me with arms open wide. And I had no where else to go, so I gave everything to Him. When I was given the Holy spirit, my eyes were open, and I finally knew that everything I was taught from the bible was true, and all this time I've been following blindly, but everything was true, and God was and is King. wow....

So a lot of things are fuzzy right now for you. Make a diary of things. Just to let you know that you may go back and erase your blogs, because as a growing new born Christian, you will be making a lot of mistakes. But you will find out, and go back and correct yourself. When you learn about the bible more and more, you will start understanding events that took place and your process to salvation more and more. And then you will know, what really happened. But now everythimg must still be fuzzy to you. It took me years to find out what happened to me, It was like a huge puzzle that I had to put together....but finally when all the pieces was in place...I was like, "Oh....now I see, it's quite clear now!"

Upvote 0