Prayers for my dad please.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My 90 year old dad is growing weak, but won't go see a doctor. My sister lives in Colorado and needs to go home. She's been at my dad's taking care of him for 5 weeks now. My dad won't let visiting nurses come to see him or get a Life Alert button if he should fall. He just wants my sister there all the time. I go out there once a week to visit, but he said one day a week is enough. But my sister really needs a break. I'm really stressed by all of this. Any prayers would be appreciated.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My 90 year old dad is growing weak, but won't go see a doctor. My sister lives in Colorado and needs to go home. She's been at my dad's taking care of him for 5 weeks now. My dad won't let visiting nurses come to see him or get a Life Alert button if he should fall. He just wants my sister there all the time. I go out there once a week to visit, but he said one day a week is enough. But my sister really needs a break. I'm really stressed by all of this. Any prayers would be appreciated.
I’m so sorry Chrystal. I can relate. Your sister does need a break. I do not have anyone to help either. Prayers the Lord softens your father’s heart and helps him realize that he does need help not only for his sake but his family’s sake.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I’m so sorry Chrystal. I can relate. Your sister does need a break. I do not have anyone to help either. Prayers the Lord softens your father’s heart and helps him realize that he does need help not only for his sake but his family’s sake.
I was really disappointed when he turned down the visiting nurses. Never mind assisted living, he would never consider that for 5 minutes. It's too bad that everyone lives so far away. Myself and my other sister are the only ones in driving range to visit. And my other sister still works part time. I just don't know what to do. Thanks Michie for your kind words!

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was really disappointed when he turned down the visiting nurses. Never mind assisted living, he would never consider that for 5 minutes. It's too bad that everyone lives so far away. Myself and my other sister are the only ones in driving range to visit. And my other sister still works part time. I just don't know what to do. Thanks Michie for your kind words!
It’s extremely stressful Chrystal. I pray the Lord guides and instructs you in this situation.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Went by to visit my dad today and he seemed much better. He did say that he had a cold, so that could be why he was so pale the last time I saw him.
Thanks again for all your prayers!

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Went by to visit my dad today and he seemed much better. He did say that he had a cold, so that could be why he was so pale the last time I saw him.
Thanks again for all your prayers!
Continued prayers! And praise the Lord! :)

Upvote 0