JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Just submitting a prayer request that has been on my heart. My husband has been struggling with several issues that are all tied together in a way, and he's gotten to a point where he's very frustrated because he feels like he's not getting anywhere. Like Paul said, he feels like he does what he does not want and does not do what he wants and no matter how hard he tries to master the fleshly desires he still does what he knows isn't good for him. I try to be supportive but it's really beyond my ability to make him make a change. And I don't necessarily want to change him, he wants to overcome some habits he's had that are destructive to his current well-being. Anyway, prayer for him that God would comfort him in his struggle and give him the power to overcome and make a change for the better would be great. Thank you.

Reactions: EmmaCat

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟328,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father in Heaven, we lift this man up to You for help and strength. Please, Father, give him the strength and might to fight Satan's advances upon him away, and the courage to sustain such strength until Satan flees. Bathe him in Your light and Your glory, and keep him daily under Your wing.
I pray this in the Name of Jesus Christ, our Saviour.
Amen.

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just submitting a prayer request that has been on my heart. My husband has been struggling with several issues that are all tied together in a way, and he's gotten to a point where he's very frustrated because he feels like he's not getting anywhere. Like Paul said, he feels like he does what he does not want and does not do what he wants and no matter how hard he tries to master the fleshly desires he still does what he knows isn't good for him. I try to be supportive but it's really beyond my ability to make him make a change. And I don't necessarily want to change him, he wants to overcome some habits he's had that are destructive to his current well-being. Anyway, prayer for him that God would comfort him in his struggle and give him the power to overcome and make a change for the better would be great. Thank you.
It would be wonderful in the long term if you guys could read the Scriptures together daily!

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Father in Heaven, we lift this man up to You for help and strength. Please, Father, give him the strength and might to fight Satan's advances upon him away, and the courage to sustain such strength until Satan flees. Bathe him in Your light and Your glory, and keep him daily under Your wing.
I pray this in the Name of Jesus Christ, our Saviour.
Amen.

All good things
Emmy
Thank you!

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It would be wonderful in the long term if you guys could read the Scriptures together daily!

Yeah... that's a common and probably a good suggestion. But currently, that's not the most helpful response. Prayer is powerful. We need prayer right now. Thank you.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah... that's a common and probably a good suggestion. But currently, that's not the most helpful response. Prayer is powerful. We need prayer right now. Thank you.
Yes, I will pray. Prayer and the Scriptures are a powerful combination, not least in the home; and this is why I referred to Scripture reading.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums