a sinner
Dec 25, 2009
Texas
✟25,560.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
O God, our help and assistance, who art just and merciful, and who heareth the supplications of thy people; look down upon me, a miserable sinner, have mercy upon me, and deliver me from this trouble that besets me, for which, I know, I am deservedly suffering. I acknowledge and believe, O Lord, that all trials of this life are given for our chastisement, when we drift away from thee, and disobey thy commandments; deal not with me after my sins, but according to thy bountiful mercies, for I am the work of thy hands, and thou knowest my weakness. Grant me, I beseech thee, thy divine helping grace, and endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to thy Will. Thou knowest my misery and suffering and to thee, my only hope and refuge, I flee for relief and comfort; trusting to thine infinite love and compassion, that in due time, when thou knowest best, thou wilt deliver me from this trouble, and turn my distress into comfort, when I shall rejoice in thy mercy, and exalt and praise thy Holy Name, O Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

:liturgy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 31, 2009
✟8,124.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you all very much for your prayers. I am all the more grateful because I know I do not deserve them. I have betrayed our Lord in some terrible ways, having loved neither God nor my neighbour, but God is gracious and has moved me to sincere repentence. I feel terrible and very scared for the future, but by God's grace, and strengthened by your prayers, I hope to be reconciled to God through Christ. Thank you all, and God bless.

Upvote 0

ex-pat

Building my house...
Jun 30, 2011
Canada
✟16,064.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"deserve" prayer? Everyone deserves prayer. If you have done something terrible to others or to yourself, prayers help. FWIW, the Orthodox Church has saints who were former murderers, pirates, robbers, etc...the key word is "former"...through prayer and repentance, and the Grace of the Holy Spirit, lives have been completely changed. I pray for you, and for your life. God bless you, and never think you don't "deserve" prayers.:crosseo::wave:

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy!

I have betrayed our Lord in some terrible ways, having loved neither God nor my neighbour, but God is gracious and has moved me to sincere repentence. I feel terrible and very scared for the future, but by God's grace, and strengthened by your prayers, I hope to be reconciled to God through Christ.

at some point or another, we have all filled those shoes. Lord knows I have as well, but thank God for prayers and forgiveness

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 31, 2009
✟8,124.00
Faith
Christian
"deserve" prayer? Everyone deserves prayer. If you have done something terrible to others or to yourself, prayers help. FWIW, the Orthodox Church has saints who were former murderers, pirates, robbers, etc...the key word is "former"...through prayer and repentance, and the Grace of the Holy Spirit, lives have been completely changed. I pray for you, and for your life. God bless you, and never think you don't "deserve" prayers.:crosseo::wave:

I know. It's wonderful to see in Scripture how God still loves and uses Jacob the fraudster, Moses the murderer, David the adulterer, Paul the persecuter of the Church, etc. And Jesus himself, taking all those sins upon himself, though he never committed a single one. It's humbling, and it's terrifying, but above all it means that the one thing a Christian always has, even if he loses everything else, is hope and trust in God's love.

Thank you all for your prayers, I sorely need them.

Upvote 0