Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll give you my real name. It's Matt. I know when I pray I like to know the person's real name. This is my first post on this forum and it has some very good things on it and think I might become a regular. I saw this section about requesting prayers etc and needing a prayer on this subject is what first came into my mind. Here it goes.

My girlfriend (Rachele) and I plan on getting married July 20th, 2002. I have been praying to God about this daily. The biggest tests to come that I can see is finding a job since she lives 5 hours away I'm moving out there. I sent in a resume for a job with my current employer to their store out there. At the time they had no openings but they told me they would let me know if one comes up. I would like to keep this job since if offers good insurance, and if I quite this year the computer I got free through them will have to be paid for which will drain my bank account but something like that of course won't let me stop this marriage. I just worry that I'll have problems finding a job and able to support the family (she has a daughter as well). I know God will give to us what we need to surivive but Satan keeps putting doubts into my mind. Also I pray that we and resist temptation of premarital sex. It's something that's very hard for both of us to do. Thank you all in advanced for your prayers.

Matt

WhitBit

Mirror of His Heart
Feb 5, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟610.00
Dear God, it is SO awesome to see lives come together in Your grace. When things get hectic, Father, there's a weakness in all of us to want to take the controls into our own hands...remind our hearts that YOU are the one who can guide our lives. Where there is struggle in Matt's life, God, to worry and stress over where life may take him, calm His heart and give Him endurance to trust completely in You - even if Your was isn't ours.

God I ask that you bless their marriage, and give them a heart to be TOTALLY devoted to You. In the months ahead, help them desire to grow closer to You so that their thirst for things You've ordered off-limits pales in comparison to their desire for You.

God, we PRAISE You for Your provision and Your protection...make us holy and pleasing to You!
In His name,
Amen.

Upvote 0

Droobie

Rebmem Raluger
Nov 22, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟20,072.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hey Matt,

Congratulations on your upcomming big step. I myself took the same step um.... June of last year (see, I'm alreay forgetting my anniversary). After we got engaged, I was made redundant a week before the wedding, which sort of worked out as we were moving to another state anyway. However, when we moved, I had been unable to find a job. Actually, I started a new job not long ago, but was unemployed for months.

Keep praying and walking with God, for He will always be with you and see you through, and provide for you. :D

God bless.

Upvote 0

SenseiPiccolo

Apr 6, 2002
✟3,236.00
Our Father which art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth,
AS it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive our debts,
AS we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
BUT deliver us from evil:
for Thine is the Kingdom,
and the Power,
and the Glory,
For ever and ever,
AMEN
^_^

Upvote 0

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟172,843.00
Faith
Messianic
Matt, as one who now probably can relate (yeah! - though we plan four years *g) I will be praying for you, for God's wisdom and strength, for purity of mind, heart, and relationship - so that when the times comes, it will be the most beautiful time you both could ever imagine... a time where you come together as He intended you to do so, and come together in and through all His incredibly perfect intentions, and in accordance with His amazing, wonderful, beautiful, and perfectly complete, perfectly amazing will. :)

May you be strengthened as a couple for your desire to get God's heart, to stay pure, and to follow all that God has for you two for the rest of your lives!

I pray that God bless you and keep you, that He make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you, and that He lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

in the name of Jesus Christ our Savior, Amen!
<><
Ryan

Upvote 0

Faith0263

Bapticostal
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟15,405.00
Faith
Baptist
Hi Matt,

Congrats first of all! I will definately remember you both in my prayers.

Heavenly Father full of love, mercy and grace, I lift Matt and his girlfriend up to you now and ask you to give them wisdom, faith and courage as they make this wonderful committment of marriage. Bless this union Lord and help them remember to keep you first in their bond, and make you Lord of their lives first and foremost. Thank you in advance for answered prayers and open doors for Matt to be able to either keep his job or put in his path another one more financially stable, if that be your will. I pray now and ask these things in the matchless, precious, holy name of Jesus Christ, our Lord, Savior and Redeemer, Amen and amen.

In His word He continually reminds us that through Him, ALL things are possible!

†††Mark 10:27 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."†††

†††Luke 1:37 For nothing is impossible with God.†††

YSIC,
Donna

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.