Visit site
✟9,683.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please pray for my son, Ian. He has had two seizures in the last 24 hours. He is currently in the hospital awaiting an EEG and MRI so that we can hopefully find out what is causing these seizures. He had a febrile (fever-induced) seizure back in March, but has been seizure free since--until yesterday about noon. He then had another seizure about midnight. Please pray that the doctors are able to determine the cause and start a treatment that will prevent more seizures.

Thanks,
John

Upvote 0

Confess

Doing great with kids 8!
Jan 23, 2007
Wisconsin
✟10,133.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please pray for my son, Ian. He has had two seizures in the last 24 hours. He is currently in the hospital awaiting an EEG and MRI so that we can hopefully find out what is causing these seizures. He had a febrile (fever-induced) seizure back in March, but has been seizure free since--until yesterday about noon. He then had another seizure about midnight. Please pray that the doctors are able to determine the cause and start a treatment that will prevent more seizures.

Thanks,
John
How old is he?

Upvote 0

mrshoperose

Contributor
Oct 9, 2007
Lakewood Washington
✟22,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would like to ask for prayer concerning my son. He is in kindergarten, and has been having a tough time with it. His teacher thinks he might have Aspergers, because he doesn't have good impulse control, he fidgets a lot, and he is way ahead of the class intellectually. I will be taking him in to the doctor tomorrow after school for a consult, and I just wanted prayer from everyone that we will find out what it is (if it is anything!), and if we can help him in any way.

Upvote 0

KimLCMS

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
✟29,608.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course my prayers are for you. :crossrc:

But I would ask what qualifications does this teacher have for suggesting such a diagnosis?
They should not suggest a diagnosis at all. ( Hubby & I are teachers.) It can bias a parent and their doctor. I suggest you give the doc the facts and not bring up the teacher's diagnosis. The doc needs to look at your son with an unbiased mind. Our daughter is autistic - pm me if you need more specific prayer at any point. I'd be glad to help.

Reactions: mrshoperose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mrshoperose

Contributor
Oct 9, 2007
Lakewood Washington
✟22,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't need to worry about the doctor being biased. He is the one who ruled out autism/aspergers. I hadn't even heard of it till yesterday. The doctor does think it might be ADHD, so he gave me papers for the teacher and myself to fill out. (questions regarding his behavior) I am hoping that we can find a way to calm him down, without giving him ridilin. Please continue to pray for us. Thank you.

Reactions: KimLCMS
Upvote 0

mrshoperose

Contributor
Oct 9, 2007
Lakewood Washington
✟22,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, we (my husband and I) went to the doctor's, and based on the answers from the teacher, and from us, he has diagnosed our son with ADHD. He perscribed some medicine for him that we will start him on Saturday, to observe him, and see if it makes any difference. It is not ridiline, so Chris is happy. The doctor said that he reccomends giving it to him in the morning about a half hour before school starts, and it will wear off about an hour after he gets out of school. Hopefully this will go a long ways in helping him in school. At home we can just deal with it, but at school the teacher needs help. Thank you for all the prayers for us.

Hope

Upvote 0
N

NoMoreHopelessness

I would like to ask for prayer concerning my son. He is in kindergarten, and has been having a tough time with it. His teacher thinks he might have Aspergers, because he doesn't have good impulse control, he fidgets a lot, and he is way ahead of the class intellectually. I will be taking him in to the doctor tomorrow after school for a consult, and I just wanted prayer from everyone that we will find out what it is (if it is anything!), and if we can help him in any way.

Well, we (my husband and I) went to the doctor's, and based on the answers from the teacher, and from us, he has diagnosed our son with ADHD. He perscribed some medicine for him that we will start him on Saturday, to observe him, and see if it makes any difference. It is not ridiline, so Chris is happy. The doctor said that he reccomends giving it to him in the morning about a half hour before school starts, and it will wear off about an hour after he gets out of school. Hopefully this will go a long ways in helping him in school. At home we can just deal with it, but at school the teacher needs help. Thank you for all the prayers for us.

Hope

Dear Hope and Chris,

I am very unsure whether I should write this. And if you do not find it helpful please ignore it. But what you wrote made me wonder, whether it is not - at least partly - rather a problem the teacher is having with your child than a problem your son is having?

This is just a thought and I am of course not an expert. So if it not helpful, ignore it.

Anyway: God bless you and your son mightly!

Till

Upvote 0

filosofer

Senior Veteran
Feb 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,913.00
Faith
Lutheran
[FONT= "Book Antiqua"]
Several months ago, my younger brother had his second heart attack (his first one was 3 years ago). We had contacted many people to pray for him, not only for making it through the first few critical days, but also as an on-going prayer need. The doctors were very concerned about not only the fact of permanent damage to the heart, but the extent of that damage.

Last Thursday he went to the doctor for a follow-up (including tests). There is NO heart damage whatsoever!! The doctor can't explain it, claiming that this just doesn't happen. We know who is the great Physician, and he demonstrated it once again!!

Thanks for your prayers. What an awesome God we have.

[/font]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.