Feb 11, 2008
✟16,365.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Thank you! That was a very nice thought

Prayers are always welcome

When he had the first surgery, 10 years ago, my mom, my inlaws and his dad were there. This time I don't know if it will just be me. It is scheduled for first thing in the morning so I don't know if his dad will make it, he works swing shift. My mom may stop by on her way to work.

I will be ok if it is just me and the boy. Will pray and read to pass the time instead of watch the others eat breakfast:)

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hey, my husband has a figure meeting this morning, and he was up until after midnight putting together facts and figures to show why he shouldn't have staff hours cut - anticipating that would happen since that's what always happens at figure meetings. He believes if staff hours are cut more than they are, then mistakes can be made, and patient care will suffer because he won't be available to do patient care stuff. He has a huge elderly population (middle of Affton for anyone who knows the area) so he does a lot more patient consultation than most. He really goes out of his way for his patients. Sometimes he'll actually take the medicine to a patient's home if he knows they can't get out.

He knows it's all dollars and cents but he's been way under budget for staff hours already. He gets really frustrated this time of year. His store has enough business that if we didn't have a pharmacist's shortage, it would be open 24 hours.

Please pray he is able to present all his facts clearly and get through to the higher-ups.

Reactions: KimLCMS
Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yea, well, 10 minutes I posted this, the phone rings. It's his company, but I don't recognize the number (I know that sounds weird, but if you haven't figured out where he works by now - just think Nation's Largest Pharmacy Chain). A few weeks ago, he said he would work for a friend at her store this morning, therefore working a double, and he forgot and the pharmacy is supposed to be open and there's no pharmacist. Oops.

So, he missed his figure meeting, but it goes on whether he's there or not. His store manager was going to be there, so he can find out from her.

I'll find out what happened when he gets off work later tonight.

I feel so bad for him because he spent so much time putting together those charts, and even color coded them. Then he has to work a double on top of it all. Ok, I don't feel as bad about him working a double - we can certainly use the O/T pay right now - he's also working Easter so he also gets holiday pay. Sweet! Ok, I'm sorry. Poor hubby having to work all those hours and on the day the Lord Is Risen as well.

Thanks for your prayers - I'm sure they helped with whatever happened at the meeting today.

Upvote 0

seajoy

Senior Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
michigan
✟19,053.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I would appreciate prayers. I have been having problems with depression/anxiety for the past few days. Seeing my parents is never an easy thing for me, and I spent 3 days around them this past weekend. The affects have hung on for me. It's hard to explain.
For those of you who have a special relationship with your parents...you are very blessed.

Upvote 0

KimLCMS

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
✟29,608.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would appreciate prayers. I have been having problems with depression/anxiety for the past few days. Seeing my parents is never an easy thing for me, and I spent 3 days around them this past weekend. The affects have hung on for me. It's hard to explain.
For those of you who have a special relationship with your parents...you are very blessed.
Prayers for you :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

latebloomer

An Autumn Lutheran Rose
May 4, 2007
Iowa
✟9,125.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for my mother in law's recovery. It looks like she has had one or more strokes this week. She's in Rochester MN now, resting in a hotel room following a night in the hospital and many hours waiting in ER. She and my husband's father have been in Rochester since Thursday. She has an MRI and other tests scheduled for tomorrow at the Mayo Clinic. My husband and I will be joining my in-laws tonight. We're going a day earlier than planned--my husband has his annual visit with his neurologist on Tuesday. My husband is a nervous wreck right now. He and his mother are very close.

Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
:prayer: for direction in Anna's schooling.

Please pray for my co-workers. We just had a shake-up at work, and a couple people got fired and a few others got transferred to different positions, and not necessarily in a good way. I've never worked at a place where so many people have gotten fired, and for mistakes that we've all made, or are capable of making.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jenley

Connie's cuter, younger sis
Feb 11, 2008
✟16,365.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Tomorrow, right after school, is my son's pre-op appointment for his eye surgery next week.
He was asking me questions today, just like how long it will take and how long will the double vision last (his grandma told him he had double vision last time, I don't remember) so could you pray he gets his questions answered and he is not too anxious about it? Thanks

Upvote 0

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please pray for our family as we pray about how to handle Anna's schooling for next year.

:prayer: for direction in Anna's schooling.

Please pray for my co-workers. We just had a shake-up at work, and a couple people got fired and a few others got transferred to different positions, and not necessarily in a good way. I've never worked at a place where so many people have gotten fired, and for mistakes that we've all made, or are capable of making.

Update on my mother-in-law--she's home! She had a slow-onset stroke, which is hard to diagnose. She's still having problems with her vision, which may straighten out eventually. My husband's checkup went well too.

Seajoy's son Ben is being rushed to the hospital with intense abdominal pains. She asked if her friends here would pray for him.

Tomorrow, right after school, is my son's pre-op appointment for his eye surgery next week.
He was asking me questions today, just like how long it will take and how long will the double vision last (his grandma told him he had double vision last time, I don't remember) so could you pray he gets his questions answered and he is not too anxious about it? Thanks

Prayers for all of my friends. How great and wonderful is our God to know that we can go to Him with our every concern and know that He hears us. :bow:

Upvote 0

WildStrawberry

It's almost time....
Mar 25, 2005
Southwestern Ohio
✟11,160.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others