Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was wondering if someone can stand in agreement with me these next few days.

I feel that it is of no mistake that out of us kids, me - the believer - is so ill right now that I cannot visit my dad in hospital due to the current flu scare. I've woken this morning still thick with a cold. They definitely won't let me onto his ward to visit him today.

My dad was rushed to hospital on Christmas Eve non responsive with a bad kidney infection. He has dementia and at 80 we all thought that he was going to die.

I had a mild cold on Monday then had a sore throat Tuesday, Christmas Eve I was able to make it to ER to see him and he responded to hearing my voice but was still semi-conscious. When I had to leave it was the most I saw him move :(. He settled when I said I would come back to see him on Christmas Day. I was too ill to see him yesterday. :(

I've been praying that the Lord keeps him alive until he gets saved or at the very least he hears the good news during just one lucid moment before he slips away. So far, he has been stabilised and is responding well to the antibiotics - I'm now just working on getting well enough to visit him again.

Please pray that those caring for him know the Lord, that one nurse, one porter, one doctor can quietly sing to him, talk to him, share with him the gospel in such a way that he can reconsider his decision to reject the Lord.

Pray that the Lord surrounds him with His ministering angels to encourage him to hold on.

It's heavy on my heart to see him in the next few days. Could you guys pray that the Lord will heal me enough to be allowed onto the ward to see him. I've regained my voice but my head feels as though someone has hit it with a hammer.

God bless and thanks.

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry you are feeling so ill, and for your father's illness!
Praying for his strength and your speedy recovery.
The Lord is Mercy and Love; He knows his struggles of body, mind, and spirit.
Trust that He will meet your father's every need.
May God bless you both during this difficult time :crossrc:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Bless yer heart, and yer dad's. Praying for both of you, and in agreement with your heart's desire that your precious dad embrace Jesus. Praying that God's grace supersedes all things and that God ministers to your dad and wins his precious heart, mind, and soul inexplicably as only He can do. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen.

Upvote 0

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
prayinghands_zps3f0bde20.gif

Praying for your dad and you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you everyone :hug:

Update: Praise Jesus! I was well enough to visit Dad yesterday and he still seemed quite poorly. But today, he was awake and made eye contact with me. I think he may have had some kind of mini stroke because he could not articulate his words very well but he did try to talk with me, PTL.

At the end of the visit I asked him if he would mind if I prayed for him before I left and he smiled but was muttering a whole lot and shaking his head so I took that as a 'no'. :) It was good to see him smile though, compared to how he was on the 24th Dec. So the Lord heard our prayers. :clap:

Thank you all for standing in agreement with me. I'm still praying that he has a lucid moment to where he can comprehend the message of salvation and make a decision for Christ, but I can only give the Lord the glory that my dad has improved compared to how he was 4 days ago. I will be going again to see him tomorrow and will keep you all informed.

God bless you all

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0