Boone, NC
✟7,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys, I don't post much around here, but I really need some big group prayer for my 16 year old sister. I've just become aware of sin in her life that has really made me sad and disappointed and scared for her future. I thought she was innocent, but now that I've learned what I've learned I don't know how to deal with it, she has backslid incredibly bad, especially this past year, and has fallen into common worldly sin, mostly due to peer pressure amongst her friends (which are not a good crowd.)

I've learned she drinks and gets drunk with the goal to get drunk, smokes pot, curses when she is not around me, and I think she has performed a certainly sexual act on a person (not sex, but the other thing that is right before that, don't want to spell it out.) Obviously, she is 16 and has a lot of learning to do, but she doesn't go to church and is lost in the ways of the Lord.

I really really really need prayer for her please, prayer for the Lord to intervene in her life and grab a hold of her heart, repent and come to follow the Lord and come to church. I pray that these people she is around that is influencing her will be gone in her life, that she will get away from them or them away from her, and that she will find a better group of friends, friends who are Christian. I pray that the Lord will save her.

I really don't know how to deal with this myself, as just being her brother there isn't much if anything I can do, I certainly have no power in the matter. I'm having a hard time dealing with this information personally, it is really getting to me, I think I need prayer too cause it is all rather a shock to me, I need to get over it, I need to move on with my own life and stop worrying about this. So please, pray for us both, I really appreciate everyone here if they could stop for a minute and just pray. Thank you so much, any advice you can give is also appreciated. :groupray:

Horncr07

Jul 26, 2010
United States-Minnesota
✟15,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This is a very common thing in our world right now. It is the pinicle of Satans "triumph". Keep giving it to God for he knows her heart and knows how to speak to her.

Dear Lord we ask that you intervine in this dark situation. Father we know that we fall away from you constantly because we were born into a sinful world. But God you are the provider of all escapes. God you gave us the greatest escape by dying on the cross for our sins. I pray for this 16 year old girl father and lift her to you. Father I thank you for a sister that cares and wants your very best for her sister. I pray that you will strengthen there relationship as well as your and her relationship. God take the evil thoughts out of her head and father speak to both their hearts so that the 16 year old can forgive herself and come back to the loving arms of Jesus. I ask that you do wonders I the name of Jesus. Amen

Upvote 0
C

cookiet060683

Father, draw this young lady to you with cords that can't be broken. Give her ears to hear your voice above all others. I ask that you, heavenly father, would take anything and anyone that is not of you out of her life. Help her to make good choices; give her a clear mind. Sweet father, intervene in this young life that she would live for you. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Upvote 0

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Prayers going out to your sister and you - Remember God is in all things!!! If she is rebelling there will be a reason for it, so please try not to go hard on her. I did the same thing in my twenties actually and I still came back to God, I just had the right people around me who didn't judge and who showed me that real love isn't about casual sexual encounters and drink/drugs.
Stay with your sister in Christian love - Pray for her, I can see that you are concerned for her and in your brotherly love for her, I know you must feel at a loss but honestly when she needs you most (as she will) the Lord will make you strong and in his power you will find hope and compassion.
Stay in prayer and in hope and love for her. Also as Linsdey above mentioned, try and see if there is a Church Youth group, one with people her own age. Teenagers (well anyone really) don't like to be different in what they wear etc from their secular friends and so in reality she is probably feeling alot of peer pressure.

Gods Love and Blessings for you both.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrentJustice

Jan 17, 2009
Boone, NC
✟7,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is a very common thing in our world right now. It is the pinicle of Satans "triumph". Keep giving it to God for he knows her heart and knows how to speak to her.

Dear Lord we ask that you intervine in this dark situation. Father we know that we fall away from you constantly because we were born into a sinful world. But God you are the provider of all escapes. God you gave us the greatest escape by dying on the cross for our sins. I pray for this 16 year old girl father and lift her to you. Father I thank you for a sister that cares and wants your very best for her sister. I pray that you will strengthen there relationship as well as your and her relationship. God take the evil thoughts out of her head and father speak to both their hearts so that the 16 year old can forgive herself and come back to the loving arms of Jesus. I ask that you do wonders I the name of Jesus. Amen

Thank you so much for this prayer, I read this post and I cried, I prayed it and I cried, emotional tears, than you so much for your prayer.

Father, draw this young lady to you with cords that can't be broken. Give her ears to hear your voice above all others. I ask that you, heavenly father, would take anything and anyone that is not of you out of her life. Help her to make good choices; give her a clear mind. Sweet father, intervene in this young life that she would live for you. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Wonderful words, thank you, I have prayed this prayer as well.

Thank you

Lord bless & guide this child....

Thank you for the prayer

Thanks

I will be praying for your sister. As a fellow 16 year old girl, the best advice I can give to your sister is to go to a church youth group and meet new people there. They may help to guide her in the right direction.

I'm a lot older than her, and not a youth, but I have found a youth she could join at a couple of churches and have mentioned it to her, shown her the time it meets and where, but she hasn't chosen to go. I wish she would though, I know this is exactly what would change things in a very positive way for her. Unfortunately the only power I have is to show her the information, I can't make her go :( I have prayed a lot about this though, but so far, she has chosen to ignore it.

Thank you for your prayers.

Prayers going out to your sister and you - Remember God is in all things!!! If she is rebelling there will be a reason for it, so please try not to go hard on her. I did the same thing in my twenties actually and I still came back to God, I just had the right people around me who didn't judge and who showed me that real love isn't about casual sexual encounters and drink/drugs.

Stay with your sister in Christian love - Pray for her, I can see that you are concerned for her and in your brotherly love for her, I know you must feel at a loss but honestly when she needs you most (as she will) the Lord will make you strong and in his power you will find hope and compassion.
Stay in prayer and in hope and love for her. Also as Linsdey above mentioned, try and see if there is a Church Youth group, one with people her own age. Teenagers (well anyone really) don't like to be different in what they wear etc from their secular friends and so in reality she is probably feeling alot of peer pressure.

Gods Love and Blessings for you both.

Thank you, it really is hard, because as us humans we want to disown those that sin or fall so badly. I suppose it is in our nature. I have this overwhelming desire to just cut contact, leave, and treat her differently now that I know this stuff. I know it is the wrong thing to do, but the desire is very strong within me, I think I need prayer too for handling this correctly, that the strength of the Lord will help me deal with this the right way and not screw things up or make things worse in her life. I'm really still shocked, perhaps I was naive, but I'm really shocked she is like this when she is with her friends, she acts like a different person around me and dad, but now I know what she is really doing behind our backs, and it really hurts. I'll never look at her the same way again.

praying for your sister

Thank you

Thanks

Upvote 0

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
It is hard for you and I can see that you are hurt, I pray that God gives you such strength to stay with it, that the Lord will calm your desire to cut free, but that he will bless you with the desire to forgive and be patient. Amen.

God Bless you Brent

Upvote 0

wondering1

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2009
✟50,803.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry about what is going on with your young sister. She is very blessed to have an older brother who loves her, prays for her, and looks out for her. I will be praying for her, and for you as well. I can certainly understand how you would be struggling with your feelings for your sister right now, but I'm sure the Lord will help you deal with those in time. Right now it must be a shock for you. I will pray that the Lord will draw your sister to Himself, and will help you to know what He wants you to do as her brother to help her as well. God bless you both. :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums