Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I always pray for life. Not just for the unborn, but also for those unjustly executed by failed judicial systems, for those killed in wars that could have been settled otherwise, for those killed for the sake of their faith whether Christian or not.

It sounds like my signature is probably in violation even though is agrees with the teachings of the Prophets, Christ, the Apostles, and even the Didache, which is believed to have come from earliest Christian teachings somewhere between 55 and 110 A.D.

It is truly sad that a site purporting to be Christian has given in to modern society in these areas.

To quote Paul;

Gal 1:10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

In Christ,

Willis

Edit: I forgot to add that my signature is in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church!

Edit again: I did just make a minor change to the wording of my signature.

Upvote 0

vrunca

STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS
May 1, 2004
North East Lower Michigan! Go Wings!!
✟4,908.00
Faith
Catholic
I always pray for life. Not just for the unborn, but also for those unjustly executed by failed judicial systems, for those killed in wars that could have been settled otherwise, for those killed for the sake of their faith whether Christian or not.

It sounds like my signature is probably in violation even though is agrees with the teachings of the Prophets, Christ, the Apostles, and even the Didache, which is believed to have come from earliest Christian teachings somewhere between 55 and 110 A.D.

It is truly sad that a site purporting to be Christian has given in to modern society in these areas.

To quote Paul;

Gal 1:10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

In Christ,

Willis

Edit: I forgot to add that my signature is in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church!

Edit again: I did just make a minor change to the wording of my signature.

Your right...pray for all life!!! And I wont tell anyone about your siggie!!

Upvote 0

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Veronica,

I read through the link you posted and I can see why you are so frustrated:hug:. I really do understand, I am also really passionate about rights for those among us who happen not to be born yet. Even more so since the loss of our child.

I just wanted to point out a couple of things about what the mods and supervisors were saying, and about the whole situation, which might help you to feel a bit better (I hope!).

About the rules they cited. Unfortunately we know that not all Christians believe those things we know to be true through the Church. Those Christians who disagree may start to kick up a stink if we can have pro life statements in our avatars because they will want to have pro choice statements (which they are not allowed) in theirs. The problem is that from the perspective of 'we can't know the truth of all matters' and 'all beliefs are valid if you've come to them prayerfully' (which are the beliefs of many Protestant Christians) then the pro choice argument is just as valid as the pro life. Allowing us to put forward our view without allowing the 'other side' to put theirs across in the same way is very unfair. I don't have a problem with that because I believe that the truth CAN be known, and that we know it. Other Christians will just see the inequity. The worst possible outcome would be a rule change for the sake of fairness (a real possibility in the 'Protestant mindset') which allowed pro choice statements in avatars.

There are some good outcomes possible from this current problem:
Firstly, your new signature is in some ways a lot better than your old one. You are able to put your view across using only Scripture which will have more impact on many Christians.
Secondly, there may be Christians who have had abortions who are hanging out in a non debating forum. They may have repented and returned to God, but a loud pro life message may be harmful to their recovery (emotionally and in terms of grace). They can avoid debating this topic, but they can't avoid signatures.
Thirdly, a quieter signature/avatar is more likely to lead to further thought and discussion about the topic among those who are wavering.
Fourthly, following the rules and jumping through the hoops is worth it if it means that pro life advocates remain on CF to speak the truth.

I don't know the details or the politics, I am not writing this post because I am 'on their side'. I think that we should be able to speak the truth in all matters, furthermore I think we are required to do so as Christians. I only want to point out the positives of doing as the mods ask in this case. We need people who are not afraid to speak the truth, and I think we sometimes need to be prepared to find creative ways to do so.

I am praying for you and for a positive outcome. But most especially I am praying for the lives of the unborn and the mothers who are contemplating or have completed an abortion.:crossrc:

ps I loved the Ronald Regan quote in your old signature, it has helped me in many a debate in RL.

Reactions: scraparcs
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.