United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
16 suggestions to help you grow closer to God this season

When Moses asked God who spoke in the guise of the burning bush (Exodus 3:1-21) as to his identity, God answered, “I Am Who Am.”

In other words, God said he is “Existence Itself.”

We have so much to be thankful for.

Even those whose lives are full of pain and misfortune should pause to give thanks for their existence which is a gift of He Who Is.

And for all of the things for which we should be thankful, what is the best way to show thanks?

Ties and cufflinks aren’t good gifts to Someone who can make entire galaxies and is outside space and time. Rather, God wants us. He wants us to give ourselves to him freely as we would give ourselves to This Tremendous Lover:

Help me to speak, Lord and I will praise You. You do not want sacrifices, or I would offer them; You are not pleased with burnt offerings. My sacrifice is a humble spirit, O God; You will not reject a humble and repentant heart. (Psalm 51:15-17)
He has even given us hints as to an appropriate gift for him:

The Lord says, ‘Heaven is my throne and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house, then, could you build for me; what kind of place for me to live in? I myself created the whole universe! I am pleased with those who are humble and repentant, who fear me and obey me.’ (Isaiah 66:1-2)
What do you give the God who literary has everything?

Thankfully, the Bible is full of great gift options:

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have not given up enough, I need to give up more? I would gladly give up some of the clutter, would that work? Things designed to make life easier can become a burden and more trouble than they are worth.
Sure. Whatever you feel led to do. If the clutter is one thing you’d like to give up, donate it to your local charity store. This time of year a lot of charitable organizations are running very low. I always steer people away from Goodwill for various reasons.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I always steer people away from Goodwill for various reasons.
Yes, Goodwill has a long-running reputation for the manager selling the best stuff out the back door to their partners in crime. Sometimes they get caught when they are going through a divorce and their marriage partner rats out on them.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,680,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Goodwill has a long-running reputation for the manager selling the best stuff out the back door to their partners in crime. Sometimes they get caught when they are going through a divorce and their marriage partner rats out on them.
It’s no longer a charitable organization. The CEO makes millions as well as the underling executives. They treat their workers poorly. If something was mistakenly donated, they will not return it and have no qualms calling the police should someone raise a fuss. The prices in the stores are outrageous to the point it’s cheaper buying items in the store brand new. Then they have the audacity to ask you to round up your purchase to the nearest dollar for their excel center. Spends tons of money on commercials... etc.

Give to real charitable organizations. Not those that pretend they are while padding their pockets.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
16 suggestions to help you grow closer to God this season
[/URL]

We can also give God a gift of our 'time' ...

Join us for a FREE world-wide Lenten Retreat​

Ignite your Holy Week with the power of prayer​

SpiritualDirection.com and the Avila Institute present our first-ever live, online retreat: “Ecce
Homo: Prayer and the Paschal Mystery.” We invite you to enter into the holiest week of the year
in the company of over 50 on-fire Catholic speakers as they unpack how to participate more
fully into the redemptive mystery unfolding around us—and within us—this coming Holy Week.

Don’t miss out! Get your FREE ticket today to this special, three-day event.

Begins Thursday, March 30th at 2pm CST and ends Saturday at 8pm CST

Upvote 0