Praise God for many things

J

Jenster

I want to take a moment on this Sabbath to praise God for His grace.

First, I was able to have a three day weekend this weekend, which I really needed. Praise the Lord!

I went to a Christian event on Friday night with a friend and I met some awesome people. It was so much fun dancing and laughing with fellow Christians. I didn't even know who they were but we had so much fun together.

I heard some beautiful music on Saturday -- just out of this world. Such a treat.

And I heard a great sermon this morning and an inspiring story of following God's will. Praise Him!

You know, there were other things this weekend that happened that were not so pleasant, but I am determined to give God the glory and let His peace reign over me. Philippians 4:8-9

J

Jenster

Praise God today for extra spending money! In January I went on a mission trip and I bought a sweater to wear because it was going to be cold. This week, I washed it and it totally shrank! (It wasn't supposed to; I followed the instructions.) So I brought it back to the store and they gave me a full refund.

Net effect: Got to wear a sweater for five months for free. I feel like God blessed me materially as a reward for going on the mission trip. :)

Upvote 0
J

Jenster

Praise God for giving me wisdom, even wisdom born of hardship.

I was in an advice forum earlier this evening and I felt good about being able to share wisdom and compassion with people who are having troubles. Although I've had to learn certain lessons the hard, painful way, it's such a blessing to share what I've learned with others and to know that I am helping them when they feel they are up against a wall and have no idea what to do. It is very satisfying, actually, that my pain could turn into their gain.

Upvote 0
J

Jenster

Hey, praise God for two potentially good things -- it's nice to have something to look forward to.

First, I was going to have to drive a long distance all by myself, but a friend has said that she MIGHT be able to drive with me. That is very exciting!

Second, I heard about a training course that I would like to take. There are certain conditions I must meet, so it is not for sure at all, but the idea of it has me enthusiastic. Thank you, Lord!

Upvote 0