Praise For Glenn Beck

S

solarwave

"In Israel, there is more courage in one square mile than in all of Europe. In Israel, there is more courage in one Israeli soldier than in the combined and cold hearts of every bureaucrat at the United Nations.

Amen to that!

I'm never insulted by anything on this forum, but strangely I am by this. The ignorance of this statement pretty much makes me discount anything that follows.... though I would disagree with it anyway.

I'm just for the people of the middle east getting on well together and complying to human rights.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, I agree with you on what is needed, but we probably disagree about which party is intransigent. Hamas has not even altered it's charter, which calls for the destruction of Israel.

Are all palestinians Hamas members? no. Are all Israelis part of the oppression of Palestinians? No. There are innocents on both sides, and people who choose to respond to violence with violence.

Upvote 0

okafor

May 9, 2011
United States
✟1,361.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm never insulted by anything on this forum, but strangely I am by this. The ignorance of this statement pretty much makes me discount anything that follows.... though I would disagree with it anyway.

I'm just for the people of the middle east getting on well together and complying to human rights.

Well, how wonderfully noble of you, because everyone else just wants death and destruction? We just wish for peace and it happens, I guess.

Here's a dose of reality. Yes, war is sometimes the answer, and sometimes it's the ONLY answer.

Upvote 0
S

solarwave

Well, how wonderfully noble of you, because everyone else just wants death and destruction? We just wish for peace and it happens, I guess.

Yup, I'm glad you portrayed my point of view so well.

Here's a dose of reality. Yes, war is sometimes the answer, and sometimes it's the ONLY answer.

Oh my gosh really? I never saw the world in this way before.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟26,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are all palestinians Hamas members? no. Are all Israelis part of the oppression of Palestinians? No. There are innocents on both sides, and people who choose to respond to violence with violence.

What makes it extemely difficult for peace is that many of the politicians in Israel have been military people, and the top people in Palestine? They have, in the past, been part of resistance movements. So while not all Palestinians or Israelis are violent, their leaders have history of violence. It makes me wonder how peace can occur when violent people are continuously elected.

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What makes it extemely difficult for peace is that many of the politicians in Israel have been military people, and the top people in Palestine? They have, in the past, been part of resistance movements. So while not all Palestinians or Israelis are violent, their leaders have history of violence. It makes me wonder how peace can occur when violent people are continuously elected.

It's a complex situation.

I suppose we could add it's conjugate and multiply by half to get a real situation.
*badom-tsh - bad math joke*

Reactions: Touma
Upvote 0

Blayz

Aug 1, 2007
Singapore
✟4,827.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Beck roused his audience — which contrary to media reports was a mix of American Christians and American Jews joined by scores of Israelis

Too funny. He went all the way to Israel to give a speech, and less than 100 locals turned up.

Gotta be the new definition of "fail"

Upvote 0

TheReasoner

Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
[/I]Too funny. He went all the way to Israel to give a speech, and less than 100 locals turned up.

Gotta be the new definition of "fail"

I wonder how many of them turned up for the same reason many people turn up at the scene of a major accident. If Beck showed up here, I'd meet him. Though not on friendly terms. :p

Upvote 0