May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My theory as to why so many people have problems with "dominance" and aggression in multi-dog households is because they try to force their dogs to live as a "pack", when dogs really aren't pack animals at all. The dogs show aggression because they are frustrated with their owners lack of action in controlling other dogs.

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
This is all an elaborate dream. As such the way people act and the way food tastes is based entirely on the dreamers memories and thoughts. You'll never know if any of this is real until you wake-up, but then you have to face reality, and that's a scary thing indeed.

The mind can be a powerful thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe that God is in-charge of everything, everything; and while we walk around blindly, this thing we call free-will, is simply God giving you what you think you want/need so you can/will eventually see that everything, and all things, were created for His glory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhye
Upvote 0

The Julikenz

God is not a misogynist
May 17, 2004
Sydney.
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've got a satirical theory called 'The Bacon Peace Theory'. The theory holds that all major religious conflicts occur because the main participants can't eat bacon (Muslims, Jews etc). They're really just upset because they're missing the sixth food group from their diet; they just don't know it yet. ;)

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know this is a silly thread, but I'm going to post something serious:

Amazon.com: How The World Really Works (9780964084810): Alan B. Jones: Books

How the World Really Works - Alan B. Jones - a summary of 12 20th century books (most of which I have read) that really helped change my worldview. Not for those who like comfortable illusions or escape government scrutiny - since I am sure it's on the "watch list".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kirisutokyoo-shinja

Stage Ninja
Dec 8, 2002
Charlotte, NC
✟18,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a theory that there is only one theory, wherein there is truth - and that theory is animate and manifest demonstratively in the ultimate ultimate, that is - the ultimate concept - namely God. None, save God, fully knows truth - and all things that seem like truth are either more true (having more facets of truth) or less true (less facets of truth) - ergo, all things are distractions and illusions to varying degrees.

And most mysterious of all - the more Christ-like we become, the more truth we have access to and possess - regardless of apparent or even supposed increase in non-understanding, wherein the trust in God is itself a truth that supersedes what intellect and currently allocatable intelligence may attain unto, or even begin to explain.

Full understanding, knowledge, wisdom - are horrific, untenable, terrors to behold - to us, because of our tainted, selfish, prideful, sinful natures that are overwhelmed with disappointment, as we are not the centered, praised, worshiped, honored, nor glorified objects of all truth. Nor are we truth.

Fallen, we naturally hate truth -
Redeemed, we are often fully enamored in truth - but tremble in the face of what does not exist to serve us, but serves us with love we have not defined, and can do nothing to redefine in principle or essence to serve us as we would be served as subject to the self's vile affections, desires, wants, and inordinate (in this case, disproportionately sought after in place of the provider himself) needs.

Were it not for God's grace - Truth would end us. Love would crush us.
The Holy one's own Holiness would erase us.

And none of this is even the beginning -

None of this means anything except -
Proverbs 3:5-6 and more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's simple.. post stuff that you think explains the world that you usually kinda keep to yourself. No matter how simple, vague, or esoteric. Why do men cheat? What's up with airplane food? Anything and everything. Put those minds to work.

Hehehe I love this stuff. The theories that one keep to yourself because people would be offended...here we go.

I believe one reason why religion will always be around is because people have a tendency to believe that they can undo what they do wrong out of pride, out of ego and out of the caring nature that we show. I however believe that we can't. It is the ultimate conscience scapegoat because humans normally run around like chickens with our heads cut off...I am of no exception I just don't believe in religion.

I believe men cheat because they like sex, they like the body of another woman for a few min. to hour, they get tired of their woman, their woman is creating emotional insecurities, they are creating emotional insecurities, job promotion, they haven't sex in awhile because their wife or g/f is saying no, because they were drunk, a dare.

My theory of why rap sucks because it is made people who gave up on musical instruments and think making poets gangster is somehow cool.

Clowns are the epitome of evil.

Guys who like tight, straight legged jeans must like having a jean material cup on at all times.

Repressed morality done in the name of being moral shows immense immorality and any person that shows that trait, one should run far away.

My beard is sexy. Doesn't need a reason...just is. If you don't think so, you are wrong.

Love and relationships are the most difficult things I have tackled on. Parental relationships are just as hard.

I self-destruct before I give up on relations. I told my 'unofficial girl'(that's what we are calling ourselves right now) this like at a drop of a hat and I am convinced of it but I don't know why.

Women cheat because of the same reasons why men sometimes cheat.

Women play the same immoral games that us men do. They are not the angels Hallmark like men want to make them be.

Most overly nice guys are only nice because they are sexually deprived and tired of masturbation. It is in the conscience so it is something that those offended will say my theory is wrong.

Women do not want to be treated overly nice. Women do not want to be treated like crap either. They want to be treated as a person and they want a man to be honest, caring, supportive and stand for what they believe and they seem to like it when they see your nostrils flare up because your confused, overly concerned and you act like a typical man...confused. They have to...how else is this girl still interested in me?

Sex is like alcohol. The right amount and you can never go wrong. Too much of it, and you'll always end up on the floor, sick of it, your world is spinning. They even come in different types of cases too and they all cost way too much to have and they both are overly taxed.

They call Obama Dumbo, but we have to remember what animal Dumbo was and what animal represents the majority who say that.

Europeans say that Americans are dumb because we state the obvious. My response is...Who's the idiot now?

Sex and politics go hand in hand because conservatives just like to screw individuals but us liberals love to screw everyone.

Non-believers who preach disbelief is like being a proponent of white noise.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hm... I tend to share my theories a lot, but here are a few well enough out of the mainstream to be interesting.

All people act in accordance to what they believe, in the moment of action, will best tend to their own self-interest. A person, having grown into his full rational capacity (adulthood), can be persuaded to accept values which other people see as superior to those he currently holds, but can never be forced to do so. The entirety of the social sciences can be logically inferred from those two statements.

9/11 was caused proximately by Islamic terrorists. But it was caused ultimately by Western governments meddling in Middle Eastern politics since the end of World War II, and can ultimately be prevented only through the unilateral withdrawal of Western governments from the region (and more freedom for people to protect themselves at home).

Government-mandated expansion of credit and the devaluation of an economy's monetary unit through the inflation of the money supply are entirely to blame for the "boom-bust" cycle.

All morality, in some way, rests upon the non-initiation of force.

That ought to do it for now.

Upvote 0