Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I theorize that the destruction of America will be carried out by "Americans" who will use the Constitution to destroy the Constitution.
The Anti-Christ is here
It is NOT Obama.
The world will end on my birthday!

Upvote 0

SweetDee

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Jul 13, 2010
Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have a theory that the McRib sandwich isn't actually made out of meat from ribs....

TheMcRib.png

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Most overly nice guys are only nice because they are sexually deprived and tired of masturbation. It is in the conscience so it is something that those offended will say my theory is wrong.

:ahah:

...in stiches...not that I think it applies to all...but hahaha...yeah...

Reactions: Rhye
Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I forgot to add something along the lines of what Alex said:

The occult is feared or outlawed in many religions because it offers a direct, unadulterated connection to the divine and therefore strips the oligarchs of many religions of their authority and relevance.

The mages in dragon age are kind in that kind of setting.. I found it really interesting.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Television programs people. It tells us what to look like, what to think, and what products to buy. It often reinforces stereotypes by conflating physical traits with character traits. For those who aren't writing and producing the shows, it can also discourage creativity by encouraging the viewer to become a passive receptacle. It's not that I think TV is inherently bad, there have always been a few good shows, but I do think the medium provides a convenient platform for individuals who don't have our best interests at heart to interfere with our lives.

Reactions: benf
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soulfly.01

A follower of Christ.
Oct 3, 2009
✟11,645.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Two theories.
First one:
I think people will condemn things which are new to them, because they aren't used to them. They think they know how things are supposed to be and anything new and strange must be wrong.

For instance christians used to think potatoes, drums and ties are satanic.
Nowadays a lot of christians think rock music and the theory of evolution are satanic, but eventually people will get used to things and understand there's nothing wrong with them.

Another theory:
If a person hungers enough for absolute truth, for the true God, then God will reveal Himself to that person. So people who have never heard the gospel, will not have an excuse. That means God doesn't have to give us the bible or send out evangelists. He just does that out of His mercy, because most people don't have enough hunger for God to find Him without guidance.

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For instance christians used to think potatoes, drums and ties are satanic.
Nowadays a lot of christians think rock music and the theory of evolution are satanic, but eventually people will get used to things and understand there's nothing wrong with them.
Potatos? Ties? Really? Never heard those two things before. I must learn more...

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Potatoes carried Britain and Ireland through many a bad year for other crops. We did however object to the tomato, what with all that toxic tomatine and all.

Oh, yes, theory time.

If you blatantly steal from something obscure enough and in a completely different language then the magical plagiarism machine/person looking through to see if it's original wont pick it up. It's a theory, test it out.

Also that "what" is a very strange word, one so strange I think it was only added into the dictionary for giggles.

Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
All religion/superstition is a coping mechanism. It is a narrative which allows a person to impose order onto a fundamentally chaotic world. The problems of confronting the loss of loved ones, and one's own eventual death, are solved by believing in a narrative in which there is no real death. The anxiety related to uncertainty and doubt in life decisions, as well as the meaning of life, is removed by believing that all possible choices are meaningful and lead to the same, perfect end. By mentally replacing "I have decided..." with "God told me to..." eliminates the need to second-guess decisions, or to deal with opposing viewpoints, and all of the self-doubt that creates. Guilt is eliminated without needing to reconcile with the person wronged, since forgiveness is available cheaply by saying a few words in a person's head. Any and all mental stresses can be resolved by interpreting the world in such a way that the reasons for the stress no longer exist.

How is this falsifiable?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums