Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Joseph Solomon has been making Christian viral videos for almost a decade. He started his YouTube channel chaseGodtv in June 2012, which now has over 15 million views and almost 600,000 subscribers. The extraordinarily talented Solomon has shared the teachings of Jesus Christ through music, poetry, videography, and life experiences resulting in hundreds of videos that impacted millions of people around the world.

Solomon grew up in a Christian household. His father was an elder and his mother played piano in their Texas church.

In 2019, the well-versed poet toured with Jackie Hill Perry’s husband Preston on the ‘Poets In Autumn Tour,‘ which also featured Janette…ikz, Chris Webb, and Ezekiel Azonwu.

On chaseGod.tv, the description says Solomon’s desire is to show Christians “practical ways to understand and live out the faith… He knew that he was not perfect himself, so the only way to teach other imperfect people how to strive for perfection was to point them to Someone who already embodies that. Every webisode is an attempt to approach common struggles and questions through the lens of the Gospel of Christ.”

During the “Flights & Feelings” podcast Solomon released on August 17, 2021, titled “The Shores Somewhere Over Here,” Solomon unpacked a social media post where he told the world he’s not a Christian anymore.

Continued below.
Popular Christian Influencer Joseph Solomon Says, ‘I’m Not a Christian’

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟104,454.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
No one should predicate their faith in God to a man of great standing. If the Pope would to come out tomorrow and denounce his faith should it affect our faith? My faith is built on the direct relationship with God. Those who help me or guide me along the way may fall away but my faith is not anchored to them. Is it disheartening? Yes not going to deny that. Is it faith shattering? No.

Am I going to judge them for their actions? Not my place. Each have their own struggles. Help where we can but the journey of faith must be travelled by each individual.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
"Whatever you believe, you have to own it. You can’t lease it from anybody. You can’t rent it.”

There are many Christians wrestling with the same and going through the motions. Most don't feel comfortable acknowledging their struggle. They know what follows. Sometimes what a person needs most is to be heard. Not an argument, intervention, etc. Just an ear. Getting it out is important. That's the first step. When you're bombarded with rebuttals you're more likely to tune them out or shut down.

“I was reconstructing myself after many years of Christian subculture That deconstructed me.”

I think there's a lot of truth in this statement. I've observed the same in my interactions with Christians. The culture takes a toll.

~bella

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟104,454.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
“I was reconstructing myself after many years of Christian subculture That deconstructed me.”

I think there's a lot of truth in this statement. I've observed the same in my interactions with Christians. The culture takes a toll.

Cultural Christianity or any religion for that matter comes with its own set of short comings. Firstly it is built into your identity. Should for any reason you disagree with the religion you find yourself in conflict with your sense of self. I know of many cultural Muslims that struggle with their religion and self. No surprise I live in a Muslim majority country where religion is part of the culture. I believe it happens with every religion where it is the majority of the country.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And here I am feeling like a phony and that I'm "Not Christian enough" because I don't have the kind of life that Christians are supposed to have: married with kids, involved in the church, working honestly and diligently at some job even if you hate it, tithing 10% of my income (because I have none); nor do I only listen to Christian music or watch Christian movies exclusively. I only go to mass once a week most of the time and although I pray the rosary every day, I just feel like there is more that I could be doing to pursue God but I don't know what that "more" specifically is.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,759,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And here I am feeling like a phony and that I'm "Not Christian enough" because I don't have the kind of life that Christians are supposed to have: married with kids, involved in the church, working honestly and diligently at some job even if you hate it, tithing 10% of my income (because I have none); nor do I only listen to Christian music or watch Christian movies exclusively. I only go to mass once a week most of the time and although I pray the rosary every day, I just feel like there is more that I could be doing to pursue God but I don't know what that "more" specifically is.
You seriously need to study the diversity in Christianity because you seem to think it is only one plan.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
you seem to think it is only one plan.

Because that's all I ever see when I look at other Christians. Either that or priests, and I obviously am not going to be entering the priesthood.

I just wish that there was some better support for single people who have no plans on marrying or entering the priesthood or a religious order. Like tell us what we're supposed to do, show us who we can become in the church... there are tons of us out here who are trying to figure out where we're supposed to go.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,759,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because that's all I ever see when I look at other Christians. Either that or priests, and I obviously am not going to be entering the priesthood.

I just wish that there was some better support for single people who have no plans on marrying or entering the priesthood or a religious order. Like tell us what we're supposed to do, show us who we can become in the church... there are tons of us out here who are trying to figure out where we're supposed to go.
You need to look into it. The Catholic Church is the best you are going to get on this front.

Upvote 0