Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder if the Blessing was from the Pope or a sort of automatic thing like when everyone that does something gets a certificate.

I think the Pope was aware but at the same time, I think
it was an assembly line blessing as well. Just my opinion .

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have never been confused by this Pope or any Pope in my lifetime. When you take their statements in heir entirety, their stances are clear. When tidbits are cherry-picked and reported, that can be confusing but that isn't the Pope's fault.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True but as I stated earlier some will only learn about the Church by what they read in secular media. If something is horribly misconstrued you'd think in the spirit of evangelization and truth there would be some clarification of some sort. I understand that he cannot control everything but there has to be something to it when so many people do seem genuinely confused by this Pope.
But in this case there seems to be no need. I haven't read about anything where people are going off the rails about this.

I have never been confused by this Pope or any Pope in my lifetime. When you take their statements in heir entirety, their stances are clear. When tidbits are cherry-picked and reported, that can be confusing but that isn't the Pope's fault.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
True but as I stated earlier some will only learn about the Church by what they read in secular media. If something is horribly misconstrued you'd think in the spirit of evangelization and truth there would be some clarification of some sort. I understand that he cannot control everything but there has to be something to it when so many people do seem genuinely confused by this Pope.
But in this case there seems to be no need. I haven't read about anything where people are going off the rails about this.

This has the potential to cause scandal. Of course this time they (media) are not being funny about it but when the Pope makes statements that aren't clear they have a field day, I wish he wold be clear about things. Most people will see this as the Pope being fine with this lady's lifestyle because they will only skim the article.

Upvote 0