Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I think liking beer is probably a requirement for being a Bavarian.

2-2-700x438.jpg

Served in the US Army in Germany. They even serve bier in McDonalds. Lol. Seriously it is part of their culture. Other countries have a pint, Germans have a mug!

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Served in the US Army in Germany. They even serve bier in McDonalds. Lol. Seriously it is part of their culture. Other countries have a pint, Germans have a mug!
Is there a lot of beer bellies in Germany?

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
No because the tubbo culture in our country is far more about eating too much, eating fatty things, and not exercising nearly enough. ie we're all about excess and often don't seem to care either. ugh. Also contrary to what some might believe, Germans are far more responsible about not drinking too much. My impression at least.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
No because the tubbo culture in our country is far more about eating too much, eating fatty things, and not exercising nearly enough. ie we're all about excess and often don't seem to care either. ugh. Also contrary to what some might believe, Germans are far more responsible about not drinking too much. My impression at least.

True, even though bier is part of their culture that doesn't necessarily mean abuse.

But then again, I trained with the German troops as a guest at thier barracks and boy what a night. We pounded biers and shots all night. No one gave an inch. Mano de mano lol.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True, even though bier is part of their culture that doesn't necessarily mean abuse.

But then again, I trained with the German troops as a guest at thier barracks and boy what a night. We pounded biers and shots all night. No one gave an inch. Mano de mano lol.
Pretty amazing. I often wonder why countries like Germany and France do not seem to have the health issues Americans have with the issues of alcohol and smoking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A great outdoorsman. I saw a picture once where he was presiding over a Mass outdoors over an upside down canoe. I fell in love with it but I have never been able to find it again.
Yes, from what I heard about him, even my kids might have struggled to keep up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pretty amazing. I often wonder why countries like Germany and France do not seem to have the health issues Americans have with the issues of alcohol and smoking.

They do, especially the French, have issues with smoking. My impression is that the French and Europeans in general use tobacco at a higher rate than Americans do. Everyone in China seems to smoke too, but that might just be in industrialized China which represents a very small area, proportionally.

Regarding wine v. beer....

image.jpeg

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They do, especially the French, have issues with smoking. My impression is that the French and Europeans in general use tobacco at a higher rate than Americans do. Everyone in China seems to smoke too, but that might just be in industrialized China which represents a very small area, proportionally.

Regarding wine v. beer....

View attachment 173936
Last I saw on something or other about health issues in other countries versus the U.S. that places like France that have heavy tobacco and alcohol use, plus rich food, still did not have the health issues that plague us in the US.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Last I saw on something or other about health issues in other countries versus the U.S. that places like France that have heavy tobacco and alcohol use, plus rich food, still did not have the health issues that plague us in the US.

Oh, that way. That could be true. Maybe body odor and cultural superiority complexes ward off lung cancer?

Upvote 0