Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — The Catholic Church needs people and pastors capable of walking alongside refugees to respond to the reality of forced migration across the Americas, Pope Francis said.

Only by forming people “who dare to go beyond the limits of what is established” and are “capable of returning to the essential (and) breaking free from indifference” can the Church lead migrants toward hope, he wrote in a message March 20 to bishops from Colombia, Costa Rica and Panama.

The bishops were meeting for a three-day conference in Panama City, organized by the Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development, titled “Easter with our Migrant Brothers and Sisters.”

Every migrant or refugee who leaves their home challenges Christians to wake from indifference and embrace a spirit of hospitality, the pope wrote, urging the bishops to work for a Church in which migrants “do not feel judged but welcomed, where they can quench their hunger and thirst and revive hope.”

He wrote that “by recognizing ourselves as strangers, with our own vulnerabilities and shortcomings, we can create the necessary conditions to welcome our neighbors as brothers and sisters, and thus make them participants in our daily lives.”

A jungle ‘Way of the Cross’​

Continued below.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — The Catholic Church needs people and pastors capable of walking alongside refugees to respond to the reality of forced migration across the Americas, Pope Francis said.
I wonder what south America is facing.

to bishops from Colombia, Costa Rica and Panama.

Is he referring to Venezuelans?

Upvote 0