• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Hi diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such a sight; and the dish ran away with the spoon.

There; now you can report me for spreading false doctrine too.

"Have I therefore become your enemy by telling you the truth?" - Gal.4:16

Anyone who is under the age of 50, and lives out their normal lifespan, will in all probability live to see the destruction,
Even so, it will not be the final distruction. The time of the end will go beyond what Christians now think.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally Posted by JHM
Hi diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such a sight; and the dish ran away with the spoon.

Anyone who is under the age of 50, and lives out their normal lifespan, will in all probability live to see the destruction,
The destruction of "The Daughter of Babylon" and "The Daughter of Chaldea"
I have cause to believe is also the destruction of "Babylon" described in Revelations

I say we add a "preoccupation with destruction" Subforum next door to the Unorthodox subforum and NonND subforums.
All in favor, say "AYE".
lol sorry :p :swoon:

Reactions: Cris413
Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even so, it will not be the final distruction. The time of the end will go beyond what Christians now think.
and don't forget, after that, there's no hell either....

*blink*

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
The destruction of "The Daughter of Babylon" and "The Daughter of Chaldea" which is described in some detail in Isaiah 47. And which I have cause to believe is also the destruction of "Babylon" described in Revelations. K?
There is a literal and symbolic Babylon. But let's not talk about it here.

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

There; now you can report me for spreading false doctrine too.

"Have I therefore become your enemy by telling you the truth?" - Gal.4:16

JHM...in all the time I've been posting here...I've only reported 3 posts...one ages ago...and another last week...both were obvious blasphemies against God

...yours is the first I've ever reported that was directed at me....

And I've have had plenty of harsh and harassing posts pointed in my direction...I simply shrug them off...but there was something exceedingly creepy about what you said...almost like an attempt to plant doubt in my heart and mind regarding the authenticity of my salvation...

Also...in all the time I've been here...I've only asked one other poster to please stop conversing with me....also ages ago

In the past few weeks...that number has climbed to 3...you being the third...

I think this is quite indicative of what's happening in the forum now...

Are you my enemy because you shared "truth" ???...no way...I saw no truth in your words...

You are my enemy...only if you consider yourself my enemy...

Rom 8:27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Rom 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Rom 8:30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

God's Everlasting Love
Rom 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
Rom 8:33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.
Rom 8:34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36 As it is written:

"For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."[3]
Rom 8:37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I also think it's pretty presumptuous of anyone to consider they have any idea regarding the return of Christ Jesus...let alone...who will or will not suffer the wrath of the Lamb upon His return...

So again....I politely ask you to refrain from any further comment regarding what destruction I or anyone else will endure in your opinion...

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Christian History.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelTheeArchAngel
Here at Non Denom we have Non Denom Judaeo Christians, and we also have Non Judaeo Christians who are Non Denom. And so the porpose of the subforum would be for the Judaeo Christians who are Non Denom. Throughout history Judaeo Christians have always been opposed to the Trinity doctrine and the Sunday Sabbath. And so to avoid the conflict between the two, is why we need a subforum for the Judaeo Christians who hold to what is Judaic. You could call it the: Non Denom Judaeo Christian Forum. In that way your not FLAMEING Judaeo Christians with the term UNORTHODOX.

First Sunday Law enacted by Emperor Constantine.

March, 321 A.D.
On the venerable Day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country, however, persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits; because it often happens that another day is not so suitable for grain-sowing or for vine-planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost. (Given the 7th day of March, Crispus and Constantine being consuls each of them for the second time [A.D. 321].)
Source: Codex Justinianus, lib. 3, tit. 12, 3; trans. in Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, Vol. 3 (5th ed.; New York: Scribner, 1902), p. 380, note 1.
Council of Laodicea (343-381?)
[p. 310] Can. 16. “On Saturday [Greek sabbaton, “the Sabbath”] the Gospels and other portions of the Scripture shall be read aloud.” …
[p. 316] Can. 29. “Christians shall not Judaize and be idle on Saturday, but shall work on that day; but the Lord’s day they shall especially honour, and, as being Christians, shall, if possible, do no work on that day. If, however, they are found Judaizing, they shall be shut out [Greek anathema] from Christ.” …
[p. 320] Can. 49. “During Lent, the bread shall not be offered, except on Saturday and Sunday.” …
Can. 51. “During Lent, no feast of the martyrs shall be celebrated, but the holy martyrs shall be commemorated on the Saturdays and Sundays of Lent.”
Source: Charles Joseph Hefele, A History of the Christian Councils, Vol. 2, trans. and ed. by H. N. Oxenham (Edinburgh: T. and T. Clark, 1896), pp. 310, 316, 320. Hebrews 4:5. And again in the passage above he says, "They shall never enter my rest."
6. It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in, because of their disobedience. 7. Therefore God again set a certain day, calling it Today, when a long time later he spoke through David, as was said before:
"Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts." 8. For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9. There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10. for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. 11. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

warriorofprayer

Aug 18, 2007
Ontario
✟8,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are unorthodox Christians who are non-denominational, and aren't JW or Mormon. So for them such a subforum would be good, maybe they would like it. :)

And just because some idea contradicts your personal beliefs it doesn't mean that the idea is necessarily "crap". Christianity is diverse, there are many ideas in it... some of them happen to be more mainstream, and some of them less. That's a good thing, as long as people who believe in different ideas can manage to have mutually respectful discussions, and sometimes be willing to just agree to disagree.

I agree, as long as it is scripture based. "Making up" your beliefs based on no foundation and trying to "force" it on others, I think is a recipe for trouble.

Upvote 0

warriorofprayer

Aug 18, 2007
Ontario
✟8,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well Starlight, we've been round and round on this - you pretty much consider ANYBODY a "christian" that just says "I am one"... But the bible says something else.

I go by what THAT says, not your personal opinion as if YOU are the authority on what salvation is or who gave it.
So your opinion falls on deaf ears with me.

There's PLENTY of mutual discussions buzzing around here with unorthodoxy - it's all over the place as a matter of fact.
And how about this, letting OTHERS such as myself disagree with YOU and you just being OK with that.
It seems toleration goes one way with you, YOUR WAY.
How about others believe the Bible as it's plainly written out and accepting that from us.

We've already seen the result of Erwin's change in this area - within a week the nontrinitarians started overtaking thread after thread - same with universalism; BOTH of which weren't allowed here prior to 7/7/7.
The minute the door opened, it overtook this area.
We're already sick of it, it didn't end.

You won't persuade me to be open to what's being peddled here at this forum. Again, if I want to talk about it, I'll head over the to JW & mormon areas.

I post things that not everyone agrees with. People just ignore it, or they can refute it. I don't think she was saying it was her way or no way, I took it as everyong has their opinions.

I agree that some discussions can get way off topic, and out of hand, but I just don't respond to them. I do this because somewhere in that thread, I may find the answer to something I was looking for.

Anyways, I still believe healthy Christian debates are good. And I don't think there will be any way to stop someone from expressing their opinions in any forum.

Just my opinion. I am not voting, because I am not fully aware of all the situations.

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
As requested, a Poll to discuss and vote upon whether or not you want an un-orthodox sub forum.

I would like to voice a word of caution here. In my opinion such a sub forum could be a constant source of harassment to your members because once you have started this sub forum you will have to contend with them.

I know in my own home forum (Lutheran) we would not even consider such a forum. These people already have a their own forums and in my opinion that is a good place for them.

If you are going to approve such a sub forum you want to be extremely careful what rules you place over it or you would have no control what so ever.
I would simply like to bring these words of wisdom back to the forefront...

and again...reiterate a resounding NO...to an unorthodox subforum...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would simply like to bring these words of wisdom back to the forefront...

and again...reiterate a resounding NO...to an unorthodox subforum...

I can halt the poll if 2 or more of the following people agree it is a bad idea, as they voted in favor of it. Please let me know

Starlight*
mod.jpg
, ALiberalTeen, bill16652, epyon, Forest, Jebediah, MichaelTheeArchAngel, XianJedi

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
although I wouldn't mind being a mod...

Are you serious? You're telling me that you wouldn't mind feeling like the most hated person in the world? Never appreciated, always devalued, always seen as a hindrance rather than a blessing and unable to do the one thing you want to do, please everyone? If you don't mind that sign up immediately to be a mod. But I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

Here's a round of applause to our fine mods in this and every forum in here. You guys never get one and you more than anyone else deserve one. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Reactions: BustedFlat
Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
I can halt the poll if 2 or more of the following people agree it is a bad idea, as they voted in favor of it. Please let me know

Starlight*
mod.jpg
, ALiberalTeen, bill16652, epyon, Forest, Jebediah, MichaelTheeArchAngel, XianJedi
Those who are opposed to the debate or discussion of Trinitarism and Sabbath need not visit the subforum. And that is the reason for having a subforum. But that seems to be not good enuff for some people, but they want all discussion not in favor of Trinitarism and the Sunday Sabbath stopped. And in other words force their will and doctrine upon others.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those who are opposed to the debate or discussion of Trinitarism and Sabbath need not visit the subforum. And that is the reason for having a subforum. But that seems to be not good enuff for some people, but they want all discussion not in favor of Trinitarism and the Sunday Sabbath stopped. And in other words force their will and doctrine upon others.
Like you're forcing yours? uh huh...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.